Daenerys is Azor Ahai Reborn

• 2 weeks later...

The God-Kings and the Greeks gods were alike.  Immortals with powers and yet still have the same flaws as humans.  That's how I think of the founders of the great empire of the dawn.  They are the ancestors of the Targaryens.  The blood betrayal and the black stone destroyed some of their powers but not their immortality if these kings are still alive.  They could be imprisoned in the darkness which Daenerys was fearful of.  I think Daenerys inherited the rights to rule over a new empire and will build one from the Dothraki, the people of Slaver's Bay, Qartheen, and Westeros. 

On 2/20/2023 at 1:04 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

The gemstones is the birthstone of each person in the family.  I think they are brothers and sisters and the children of the gods.  The stones may indicate birth order.  Since Amethyst was in charge it meant she was not the youngest.  Daenerys is the youngest of the Targaryens.  What is relevant today is she is Azor Ahai and the rightful ruler of Westeros. 

These Children of Gods rotated on the throne.  They took turns ruling.  So it can't be said who was oldest or youngest. 

No doubt, Daenerys is the most obvious candidate. She totally fits the prophesy to a tee. 

There's just one problem, while the Dutch like to eat herring raw, most of us prefer it smoked and salted. 

So, shouldn't we assume that the most obvious candidate is a red herring? 

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

No doubt, Daenerys is the most obvious candidate. She totally fits the prophesy to a tee. 

There's just one problem, while the Dutch like to eat herring raw, most of us prefer it smoked and salted. 

You may assume anything you like. I believe Dany is Azor Ahai. The misdirection from George is that AA had to be male.  That has now been proven false. 

18 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:

The God-Kings and the Greeks gods were alike.  Immortals with powers and yet still have the same flaws as humans.  That's how I think of the founders of the great empire of the dawn.  They are the ancestors of the Targaryens.  The blood betrayal and the black stone destroyed some of their powers but not their immortality if these kings are still alive.  They could be imprisoned in the darkness which Daenerys was fearful of.  I think Daenerys inherited the rights to rule over a new empire and will build one from the Dothraki, the people of Slaver's Bay, Qartheen, and Westeros. 

That is just straight up not happening

15 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

You may assume anything you like. I believe Dany is Azor Ahai. The misdirection from George is that AA had to be male.  That has now been proven false. 

I know a lot of readers are emotionally invested in Daenerys. I have no desire to antagonize you or anyone else that might be emotionally invested in her. Daenerys is a wonderful character, an exceptional character, especially when you read those Daenerys chapters in Game in isolation. She is after all the mother of dragons. 

That lemon tree, though, makes be think that her arc will end in bitterness and disappointment. And I suspect that will culminate in her tragic death, with just a touch of sweetness as she rides off into the Night Lands, but her son, like Rhaenyra's, could very well end up ruling the Seven Kingdoms. 

Consider the younger, more beautiful prophecy. Margaery is the red herring for Cersei as Stannis is the red herring for Melisandre in the prince that was promised prophecy. And in both instances the red herring for the reader is Daenerys. I am guessing that younger more beautiful queen is actually Brienne. And I am guessing that the prince that was promised is actually Jon

With that said, please don't think I am emotionally invested in the special snowflake. It's just a guess. I could care less about the endless Jon or Daenerys is better debates on this forum. The first time I read the novels I was convinced that Beric was Azor Ahai, and I wanted it to be him, until, well, he wasn't. 

So I just started looking at the first couple of pages of this thread then realised it dated from 2020 and also that I was not up to browsing the whole thread.

So, sorry about interrupting the flow of what you are discussing, but the design of the candles was discussed in the first pages. I had never noticed the bit about how sharp and twisted they are.

Anyway, the design of the candles to cut the person who handles them is perhaps designed to discover among those who handle it, someone who has blood and fire magic.

Dragonglass itself has some powers as Sam has discovered, but in addition, Beric makes his sword flame by rubbing his blood on it.

I have always thought that Lightbringer flamed because of the person who carried it - someone like Beric, who has been raised by a fire priest or priestess or by another undead person, as Catelyn was.

Similar rules may apply to other tools of the fire religion.

On 4/30/2023 at 5:27 AM, Bowen 747 said:

And that is all it will take for Daenerys to earn the title of Empress.  It is fitting because she is the only Targaryen to have three dragons.  Three dragons she hatched herself.  The only Targaryen to walk through fire and walk out again.  She is at the peak when it comes to the greatness that belongs to the Targaryens. 

3 hours ago, Castellan said:

So I just started looking at the first couple of pages of this thread then realised it dated from 2020 and also that I was not up to browsing the whole thread.

So, sorry about interrupting the flow of what you are discussing, but the design of the candles was discussed in the first pages. I had never noticed the bit about how sharp and twisted they are.

Anyway, the design of the candles to cut the person who handles them is perhaps designed to discover among those who handle it, someone who has blood and fire magic.

Dragonglass itself has some powers as Sam has discovered, but in addition, Beric makes his sword flame by rubbing his blood on it.

I have always thought that Lightbringer flamed because of the person who carried it - someone like Beric, who has been raised by a fire priest or priestess or by another undead person, as Catelyn was.

Similar rules may apply to other tools of the fire religion.

The candles are already lit.  The red comet, Dany's rebirth to become Azor Ahai, and the coming of the three dragons.  Magic is back and the candles are active. 

On 5/1/2023 at 3:40 AM, Lost Melnibonean said:

How could this turn into a good narrative though? The innocent readers will assume GRRM is lazy or forgetful or incompetent; they will start talking indulgently about first-bookisms and GRRM's weaknesses as a writer. (They are doing it already.) How could any writer lay himself open to this?

12 hours ago, Springwatch said:

How could this turn into a good narrative though? The innocent readers will assume GRRM is lazy or forgetful or incompetent; they will start talking indulgently about first-bookisms and GRRM's weaknesses as a writer. (They are doing it already.) How could any writer lay himself open to this?

I don't think anyone but the Daenerys fans would be all that surprised. But I know nothing. 

Edited by Lost Melnibonean

16 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I don't think anyone but the Daenerys fans would be all that surprised. But I know nothing. 

Dany satisfies the first Azor Ahai prophecy (when the red star bled, she was born amidst smoke and salt and woke dragons from stone) completely.

I don't know why would it be good if she was a 'red herring'. The point of the Azor Ahai prophecy is not to trick the readers, but to change how characters act in the story.

Stannis believes himself Azor Ahai and will burns his daughter.

People will follow Jon (hero with red sword) and Dany (woke dragons from stone) against the Others and the slavers because they believe he/she is Azor Ahai.

Dany will probably believe the myth and take it upon herself to 'remake the world', becoming dangerously self-righteous.

Edited by csuszka1948

On 5/7/2023 at 12:41 AM, H Wadsworth Longfellow said:

And that is all it will take for Daenerys to earn the title of Empress.  It is fitting because she is the only Targaryen to have three dragons.  Three dragons she hatched herself.  The only Targaryen to walk through fire and walk out again.  She is at the peak when it comes to the greatness that belongs to the Targaryens. 

Dany is very special even in comparison to her great Targaryen ancestors. 

• 4 weeks later...

The story will enter it's next act when Daenerys finally realizes she is Azor Ahai.  Five books have proven the Starks, Lannisters, Baratheons, and Greyjoys lacking the competence to rule Westeros and lead the people through the shadow and then back into the light.  Only Daenerys can do that. 

Dany is more than likely AA but you give her to much importance

On 6/7/2023 at 1:26 AM, Quoth the raven, said:

The story will enter it's next act when Daenerys finally realizes she is Azor Ahai.  Five books have proven the Starks, Lannisters, Baratheons, and Greyjoys lacking the competence to rule Westeros and lead the people through the shadow and then back into the light.  Only Daenerys can do that. 

She's got the hart i'll give you that but even Robert was a better ruler.

On 5/10/2023 at 4:03 AM, Darth Sidious said:

She was the one they were waiting for. More than waiting. They orchestrated her birth by following prophecy. 

It is all Bloodraven fault.