Daenerys is Azor Ahai Reborn

On 5/15/2020 at 1:15 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Many of these glass like swords exists.  And perhaps one sword to rule them all.  Swords instead of rings.  GM was paying tribute to Tolkien. 

Now we just need to find a funny looking fool who has lived a long time and carries a glass sword around.  My precious.  My precious.  

On 5/16/2020 at 5:24 AM, Aline de Gavrillac said:

The room in the remaining two volumes is sufficient for Dany to go to Asshai.  Or Yi Ti.  Maybe both.  She doesn't have to return to Meereen until the last book.  I do wish George would take the story to the Far East.  

Yes, I'd like to know about Asshai as well.  I'm guessing that we could find out in the next book.  Dany has to undergo some kind of test when she returns to Vaes Dothrak.  She has to pass beneath the shadow of the mother or mounts and enter the womb of the world.  At least that's what Quaithe is telling her she has to do before she moves forward.  I'm guessing this could involve another drug induced vision administered by the crones; where Dany 'goes to Asshai' past or present.

On 5/16/2020 at 5:24 AM, Aline de Gavrillac said:

The room in the remaining two volumes is sufficient for Dany to go to Asshai.  Or Yi Ti.  Maybe both.  She doesn't have to return to Meereen until the last book.  I do wish George would take the story to the Far East.  

She doesn't have to return to Meereen until the last book? Are you sure you mean Meereen or did you mean to type Westeros instead?

There is definitely not enough time for Dany to go to Asshai and/or Yi Ti, return to Meereen and then jet off off to Westeros.

4 hours ago, LynnS said:

Yes, I'd like to know about Asshai as well.  I'm guessing that we could find out in the next book.  Dany has to undergo some kind of test when she returns to Vaes Dothrak.  She has to pass beneath the shadow of the mother or mounts and enter the womb of the world.  At least that's what Quaithe is telling her she has to do before she moves forward.  I'm guessing this could involve another drug induced vision administered by the crones; where Dany 'goes to Asshai' past or present.

I think we will find out more about Asshai anyways due to the Melisandre POV.

Dany can definitely get to Asshai and Yi Ti relatively quickly on dragonback. She'll be alone there with Drogon though; there's no way she can get an army or navy to those places and back in such a short time.

7 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

Dany can definitely get to Asshai and Yi Ti relatively quickly on dragonback. She'll be alone there with Drogon though; there's no way she can get an army or navy to those places and back in such a short time.

True.  But I think GRRM said no trip to Asshai but we would learn something.  Some Mel POV's would be great.

23 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

She doesn't have to return to Meereen until the last book? Are you sure you mean Meereen or did you mean to type Westeros instead?

There is definitely not enough time for Dany to go to Asshai and/or Yi Ti, return to Meereen and then jet off off to Westeros.

We haven't any idea how long of time the books will cover.  The dragons will get to the size of Balerion before the story ends.  Daenerys and Drogon can go to Asshai on their own.  Martin could leave out the details to maintain the air of mystery surrounding Asshai.  He may give us a few clues much later on through her memories looking back.  Me, I would much rather get her point of view chapters in Asshai.  It is much too interesting of a place to conceal from the fans.

34 minutes ago, Wolf's Bane said:

We haven't any idea how long of time the books will cover.  The dragons will get to the size of Balerion before the story ends.  Daenerys and Drogon can go to Asshai on their own.  Martin could leave out the details to maintain the air of mystery surrounding Asshai.  He may give us a few clues much later on through her memories looking back.  Me, I would much rather get her point of view chapters in Asshai.  It is much too interesting of a place to conceal from the fans.

Agreed.

But why do you think the dragons will get to the size of Balerion--or at least, Vhagar and Meraxes (aka being able to carry multiple people should the need arise)

On 5/11/2020 at 11:15 PM, The Green Bard said:

Azure means blue.  Tourmaline is blue (among other colors), is it not? 

Amethyst is clearly purple.  I mean, what is your source that amethyst is bluish purple?  Amethyst is purple, a simple google search yields no mention of blue.  the only link I found that even mentioned blue is this and it is a minimal reference to shade range., 

https://www.gemselect.com/english/gem-info/amethyst/amethyst-info.php

Purple is blue and red.  It is close enough to blue.

On 5/15/2020 at 1:15 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Many of these glass like swords exists.  And perhaps one sword to rule them all.  Swords instead of rings.  GM was paying tribute to Tolkien. 

GM was inspired by Tolkien but JRR he isn't.  Elements were not a part of the Rings plot like it is here.  I still like the idea.  The Others are seeking this "sword" and it may be hidden in the crypts.  The "sword" may give them power to bring darkness.  Parallels require a second sword, the red sword, to light the darkness.  I am thinking there are two very important "swords". 

8 hours ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

GM was inspired by Tolkien but JRR he isn't.  Elements were not a part of the Rings plot like it is here.  I still like the idea.  The Others are seeking this "sword" and it may be hidden in the crypts.  The "sword" may give them power to bring darkness.  Parallels require a second sword, the red sword, to light the darkness.  I am thinking there are two very important "swords". 

I like this idea.  I think the other important sword is the Dawn sword. 

The comet's tail is Rhaego's blood. Not literally but that is the connection made in the tale of Azor Ahai. The sacrifice is what made the sword red. The weather has already turned to winter and this comet starts the chain reaction that will eventually defeat ice and bring back the light.  So it is perhaps the Lightbringer.  Dany's Lightbringer.  The Others may worship another comet that brings the darkness. 

On 5/20/2020 at 6:29 PM, U. B. Cool said:

The comet's tail is Rhaego's blood. Not literally but that is the connection made in the tale of Azor Ahai. The sacrifice is what made the sword red. The weather has already turned to winter and this comet starts the chain reaction that will eventually defeat ice and bring back the light.  So it is perhaps the Lightbringer.  Dany's Lightbringer.  The Others may worship another comet that brings the darkness. 

A "comet" blocking out the Sun? Or otherwise crashing into Earth and the debris filling the atmosphere and blotting out the Sun's light? Well then in that case the Long Night makes a lot of sense.

The comet arrives at the same time as the pole shift of the planet.  The red comet arrives at the same time the axis is about to tilt.  The comet does not have to be the cause as long as it is on the same schedule. 

George could say later on something different.  Like the comet's pull tilts the planet's axis. 

On 5/23/2020 at 8:16 PM, Bowen 747 said:

The comet arrives at the same time as the pole shift of the planet.  The red comet arrives at the same time the axis is about to tilt.  The comet does not have to be the cause as long as it is on the same schedule. 

George could say later on something different.  Like the comet's pull tilts the planet's axis. 

This could be the case b/c the world of ice and fire is low magic.  The comet arrives on its own schedule determined by the orbit.  It is on a long orbit around the planet.  The gravitational pull of the object wreaks havoc with the climate.   Belief drives prophecy b/c they lack an understanding of astronomy.

Edited by Son of Man

A Stark would be carrying a Darkbringer if there is such an object.  Ice is simple Valyrian Steel.  This Darkbringer will have to be something similar which predate Valyria.