Pictionary 77 - Meanwhile in Westeros...

Yet another Arya !

Hi everyone!

Let's start a new Pictionary game!

Tired of the lock down? Searching for a way to escape reality? Longing for fresh air and wild landscapes? For this issue I propose this theme: "meanwhile in Westeros..."

So your first sentences (and only the first ones) will begin by "meanwhile in Westeros". Of course, I will accept that some elements from outside sneak into the ASOIAF world! I rely entirely on your limitless imagination!

There will be a system of scores, but quite simplier than last time: points will be delivered according your speed (if you are the first: 9 points, the second: 8 points; and so on; the last one will have 1 point.) If you complete a bonus round sentence, you will be awarded 5 points. Points are never deducted (because it's less complicated much nicer this way). Any player can ask to participate to a bonus round whenever he or she wants.

And as Pebble said last time: "points are meaningless, unless used for bragging writes, and do not indicate the quality of the submissions" (yes I directly quote you, such is my lazyness...) 

Please read or re-read carefully the rules below (obviously shamelessly copied-pasted from the previous issue -again thanks Peeble!)

How to play

1. Send me a PM entitled <Player Name> Pictionary 77 containing a starting sentence.

2. I'll send you someone else's sentence. You'll have around 72 hours (3 days) to draw (or otherwise art) the sentence and send me a link to it in the PM chain you started in #1.

3. You'll be sent someone else's picture. You'll have 48 hours (2 days) to send me a description of the picture in the PM chain.

4. I'll keep sending round the pictures and sentences in alternating rounds.

5. I'll post all the results for your amusement and delectation. 

Sentence rules

Your description should only be one sentence, not a paragraph. Don't go crazy with the subclauses. The spirit of what you think is being shown is more important than the details - your interpretation is what we want!

Picture rules

Any kind of visual art which has been completely created by you is great. Most people will either draw on paper and photograph/scan it, or use digital drawing software such as MS Paint. But feel free to unleash your creativity. For example, in the past there has been Plasticine pictionary.

Please link me to a PNG or JPG hosted elsewhere (e.g. people often use imgur). Make sure the picture link doesn't give any clues to the image or its origins. It should be a size where we can easily see it, and should be rotated to be the correct way round.

The only restrictions are: use of letters in drawings is not allowed; it must be entirely your own work - there shouldn't be any kind of copying/pasting from google images (though using them as reference material is fine).

Please note all ill clothed people must not be showing any body parts that pants (full granny briefs) or a maternity bra would obscure from view if correctly worn. If drawing children, please make sure that there is no adult content in the drawing. And generally speaking, plase avoid too explicit adult content in the drawing.

Our players are so far:

@The BlackBear

@She who must be Obeyed

@Buckwheat

@Jez Bell

@Eternally_His

@RhaenysBee

@Count Balerion

@Pebble thats Stubby

As soon as we have enough players we can begin. If anybody is interested please let me know! Ideally we should have 9 players.

Maybe the following guys will be interested:

@HelenaExMachina

@rocksniffer

@honeyed chicken

@Ser Not Appearing

@Lany Freelove Cassandra

@Count Balerion welcome on board!

@The BlackBear anyone can, so I will send you something to draw as early as today (let me find some juicy situation in ASOIAF novels) and you will start the first bonus chain.

I still need two players. I propose to wait until Tuesday, and if there is no more player we will start with seven champions.

I'm in.  I'll have to send you a sentence  tomorrow.   and if I remember my awesome spreadsheet for ordering the chains so you never follow the same person twice.     (thats if unlike me you can follow a spreadsheet and send the right pics to the right person)

3 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

For ordering chains I used to copy a Sudoku, and change the numbers for names

I tried that but found sometimes a person will follow thecsanevperson twice in a game.

My sheet is allready set up for several different number of players.

Ya don't have to use it, but it takes a lot of the setup work out.

Can we just agree that the starting sentences are spoiler-free as far as anything beyond the 5 ASOIAF books go? As in, no information from the TV series. That would be very nice.

No ideas for a sentence, am working on it ... :idea: 

@Buckwheat I agree. Let's say that in your first sentence, you can use elements from the five novels or common to the novels and the series, but please avoid elements taken from the series that don't appear in the novels (especially seasons 6, 7 and 8).The sentences already sent don't contain spoilers. :)

I'm still waiting for a last player (or a confirmation that @honeyed chicken can play as a "full player"). If nobody is interested by today 2100 GMT, we will play with 8 players. (As we are spread all accross the planet, I remind you that we will use GMT as usual)

By the way: of course you can already send your sentence!

I dreamt a Pictionary player was wondering what a picture was, and I said something like "mermaids" and to check the Acrophobia thread. Then we started recruiting random people in the classroom as minions.

Theon/Reek and Ramsays occupied a house; some females helped an escape, one of them (a sorceress) had been with Ramsay, but changed sides.

Archived