A Terrible Movie that you love

Raja

2 hours ago, DMC said:

BY FAR Matt Damon's best role ever. 

Another weird thing about that movie the last time I saw some of it was realizing Tim from Justified was the lead's wing man.

One of my step-brothers is named Scott. He used to catch hell from this in HS. 

On 4/14/2020 at 7:26 PM, Tywin et al. said:

I've got a confession to make. I really enjoy this terrible, awful movie.

Club Dread

I didn't think was awful, it's just an intentionally corny movie. The Broken Lizard guys wanted to do a slapstick stoner parody of 80s horror. It didn't have the, erm, nuance of the Naked Gun movies, but it was more clever than the glut of American Pie ripoffs of that decade. Of their movies, I'd say Slammin Salmon and Super Troopers 2 were truly, utterly atrocious, though. 

15 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

I didn't think was awful, it's just an intentionally corny movie. The Broken Lizard guys wanted to do a slapstick stoner parody of 80s horror. It didn't have the, erm, nuance of the Naked Gun movies, but it was more clever than the glut of American Pie ripoffs of that decade. Of their movies, I'd say Slammin Salmon and Super Troopers 2 were truly, utterly atrocious, though. 

ST2 was just pure shit, can't speak for the other film though. But there's no way to argue that Club Dread is in any way good. And that's why I think it's so likable, plus like you said they weren't making a serious movie.

On 4/12/2020 at 2:42 AM, Triskele said:

Yeah, I think that I see why a lot of folks didn't like this one, but David is just so good that it's still got its moments.  And it also just looks good.  

Oh I didn’t like it. In a way. It was just hilarious. And should have been film 3 instead of 2z 

On 4/13/2020 at 12:44 AM, williamjm said:

I remember a friend telling me that when he went to see it the sound cut out in the cinema halfway through the film and they had to make up their own dialogue for the rest of the film. He said that definitely improved the film.

I think it's a great film. Of course it is utterly ludicrous but at least it knows that it is. The jousting makes for good action, Ledger is charismatic while Bettany, Addy and Tudyk are good sidekicks.

This feels a bit different to something like A Knight's Tale, because I'm not sure the film-makers really intended it to be as ridiculous as it is, so I think it does belong in this thread. It's very pretty, but I think that's the only thing it genuinely does well, other than that it's definitely a so-bad-it's-good film that I can enjoy without thinking it's in any way a good film.

Another suggestion - Godzilla : King of the Monsters. The scenes with the monsters fighting are a lot of fun and I can definitely get behind the film's suggestion that the world would be better with Godzilla and Mothra in charge, but the script is catastrophically bad.

Oh my god how DARE people imply that A Knights Tale is a terrible movie it is a DELIGHT 

21 hours ago, Raja said:

Hah. I think that makes it 3 people who watched that movie on the big screen.

I saw Life in the cinema as well. I've definitely seen worse Alien rip-offs although it's certainly not a great movie.

4 hours ago, williamjm said:

I saw Life in the cinema as well. I've definitely seen worse Alien rip-offs although it's certainly not a great movie.

Hah - there *are* 3 of us after all. We are legion! I really need to watch Alien...

Archived