A Terrible Movie that you love

Raja

Quote function is being a piece of shit, but @Week mentioned Star Trek V and...

Ooh, yeah, that's a good pick for this list.

I really, really enjoy Star Trek V even though it is so, so bad Endlessly quotable and full of schlock. It's even funny when it means to be! Just great sci-fi nonsense.

11 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Show some respect to Michel Crawford, you horrible, horrible arsebadger! How dare your besmirch the hero of Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em!

Hah! Perhaps if you'd given my 8 year old self a piece of your mind, I'd have developed better (or more British at least) cinematic taste. British Broadway actor doesn't necessarily fit the bill for fish-out-of-water American comic book hero, though.

8 hours ago, Vaughn said:

The bad Bigelow movie is 'Strange Days', not 'Point Break'.  And not, as I recall it, in the so bad it's good way. I remember kind of hating it and Fiennes' character specifically after it was over. 

Strange Days is great.  Not as great as Point Break, but still pretty good.  I had forgotten Bigelow directed Strange Days.

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Heh I loved Trek V as a kid then hated as a young adult but now love it again. 

I have almost no memory of it, though I do remember seeing it.  I love IV so much it kind of overshadows V.

The Last Boy Scout. It's like every Bruce Willis movie rolled into one. Quips, pantomime villains and hard-boiled machismo dialled up to 11. I love it. Bonus: Halle Berry.

Speaking of machismo, has Commando been mentioned yet? 

14 hours ago, Vaughn said:

OK, not terrible perhaps but perhaps worse than being remembered poorly, 'Strange Days' is forgotten. Matrix, 5th Element, Gattaca, etc...  - even in the scope of 90s movies, there are so many peers to this movie which are still resonant to this day and come up when people discuss great or fun scifi movies. This one isn't. 

62% on Rotten Tomatoes and forgotten from the cultural lexicon is far from 'well regarded'. 

I love the film “Gattaca”.  Who claims “Gattaca” is a bad movie?

35 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I love the film “Gattaca”.  Who claims “Gattaca” is a bad movie?

I'm saying Gattaca and those other films are (IMO) good films which have more legs and cultural impact today than SD. I did not care for it, some of you did. C'est la vie. (you're all wrong BTW) 

'Isle of Doctor Moureau', now that was an over-the-top pile of nonsense which I found car-crash compelling while also being terrible. I haven't seen it in years though, perhaps it's just terrible.  It did directly lead to the Mini Me character in 'Austin Powers' so there's that.

Val Kilmer should be in the Waititi / Gunn branch of the MCU. 

4 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I always liked Not Another Teen Movie. Cap in his younger days. 

It's an very well done parody, definitely not a bad movie.

12 hours ago, lacuna said:

The Last Boy Scout. It's like every Bruce Willis movie rolled into one. Quips, pantomime villains and hard-boiled machismo dialled up to 11. I love it. Bonus: Halle Berry.

Speaking of machismo, has Commando been mentioned yet? 

I haven't thought about that movie for years, but I still remember why Milo crossed the road. 

3 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Has Eurotrip been brought up, yet?

BY FAR Matt Damon's best role ever. 

Another weird thing about that movie the last time I saw some of it was realizing Tim from Justified was the lead's wing man.

Archived