A Terrible Movie that you love

Raja

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

He tips his yacht racing in that film, right?

I honestly don't remember.  Sounds like you have better recall of it than I do.  Of course I just got high.

You could give yourself two super guns and put paint ball mode on. It was pretty funny. A friend actually gave me a N64 a year ago. Never tried to fire it up, but if I ever do and it works, I'll be looking for the above and Mariocart. 

Yeah I'm aware of paint ball mode and the cheat, we just never cared to use it.  My brother and I still frequently use our original N64 to play Goldeneye & Mariocart when friends are over.  In fact spent hours playing both the last time we had friends over, which was a month ago of course.

It was one of the many fun cheats in the game. You could give yourself two super guns and put paint ball mode on. It was pretty funny. A friend actually gave me a N64 a year ago. Never tried to fire it up, but if I ever do and it works, I'll be looking for the above and Mariocart. 

Sadly Goldeneye's controls and terrible frame rate have aged terribly. It's really quite unplayable if you're at all used to dual stick first person shooters.

I'm really not sure what's stopping them from doing a remake anymore. They had one 80% done about a decade ago and then had to abandon it and do Perfect Dark because Sony and Nintendo couldn't come to an agreement. But the two companies been playing nice lately.  

11 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Sadly Goldeneye's controls and terrible frame rate have aged terribly. It's really quite unplayable if you're at all used to dual stick first person shooters.

I'm really not sure what's stopping them from doing a remake anymore. They had one 80% done about a decade ago and then had to abandon it and do Perfect Dark because Sony and Nintendo couldn't come to an agreement. But the two companies been playing nice lately.  

The sticking point is there's always one asshole who picks Oddjob and grabs the golden gun. Even in development. 

2 minutes ago, Aemon Stark said:

I don't think it's actually terrible... but maybe it is. It all comes down to Samuel L. Jackson's speech. 

Oh I love the film, but there are some truly terrible things about it. Tom Jane being able to dodge sharks in water has to be at the top of the list, along with just everything LL Cool J was doing. 

That scene though has I believe won multiple awards for the best death and most shocking death.

Spoilers....

On 4/11/2020 at 6:19 PM, Fez said:

As for me, an actual terrible movie that I love is In Time; a Justin Timberlake sci fi-movie from 2011 with a great premise (almost certainly stolen from some less known works) that is executed terribly. Character motivations make no sense, there's enormous plot holes everywhere, and almost the entire movie looks like it was filmed in a Los Angeles River viaduct. HOWEVER, I like the concept so much, and Cillian Murphy and Mad Men's Pete Campbell are such sniveling villains, that I can't help but the love the movie.

Oh shit! In Time is a good pick. I loved it and it was terrible for all the reasons you mentioned.

49 minutes ago, RumHam said:

It's really quite unplayable if you're at all used to dual stick first person shooters.

Yeah my brother always complains about this these days because he's a devoted gamer (to say the least).  For me, the only non-sports games I ever got into are Goldeneye, MarioKart, GTA, and I guess really early Zelda.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So in the hierarchy of terrible movies that are also awesome, 

where does Tremors go?

Fucck that, lets not confuse "terribly dated" with terrible.

8 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah my brother always complains about this these days because he's a devoted gamer (to say the least).  For me, the only non-sports games I ever got into are Goldeneye, MarioKart, GTA, and I guess really early Zelda.

Try RDR2. It's as close to Westworld as you can hope for. Plus a PS4 is actually just super useful, even if you don't game much like me.

8 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Fucck that, lets not confuse "terribly dated" with terrible.

I mean, it's dated, but there's also so much that's awful about the film.

Seems like you broke into the wrong god damn rec room, though, so fucccck, you. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

I mean, it's dated, but there's also so much that's awful about the film.

Seems like you broke into the wrong god damn rec room, though, so fucccck, you. 

The bar is lower for horror though. 

Just now, williamjm said:

It goes in a thread about movies which are definitely not terrible.

I mean, it is kind of terrible, but it's also great. Seems like the perfect movie submission for this thread. Like, we're not discussing underrated or unknown movies that are actually great. 

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

The bar is lower for horror though. 

More or less true. But I always took this thread to be about movies that weren't very good, but despite their flaws were incredibly lovable.

For example, wouldn't Point Break be like king of the hill for these kind of movies? It's objectively awful in so many ways, and the hero is like the shittiest cop ever, and yet, great film in its own way.

Archived