Acrophobia #38: Raven Messages (part III)

Dolorous Gabe

ACROPHOBIA #38: RAVEN MESSAGES (part III)

Well hello acrophobes! Here begins game #38 of Acrophobia, the game brought to the forum by Emmit many moons ago and still going strong.

In this edition we will revisit the raven messages concept that was suggested by none other than the elusive shadow :ninja:

Each round will provide a sender and recipient of a message with a time window within the books, your job will be to write this message from the given acronyms. You may of course not use symbols, only acceptable punctuation and format for clarity. You will send your creation to me in a private message - send me a private message thread entitled "Acrophobia #38: [insert your board name here]"

Scoring

You vote for your favourite three entries in order of preference - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd - with the number of votes increasing if there are ten entrants or more.

1st place is worth 3 points

2nd place is worth 2 points

3rd place is worth 1 point

You will receive a point for creating an entry and a point for voting.

The player with the highest number of 1st place votes will gain an extra 3 points, 2 points each if there is tie.

So remember, send me a private message entitled "Acrophobia #38: [insert your board name here]" to sign up.

Players

Julia H

She Who Must Be Obeyed

Castellan

honeyed chicken

Eternally_His

Fragile Bird

RhaenysBee

Howlin' Howland

Count Balerion

rocksniffer

ROUND ONE

Wyman Manderly to Walder Frey

Wyman Manderly writes to Walder Frey at some point between his monologue to Davos and the ending of ADWD. Lord Walder opens the message. What does it say?

Acronyms

B P W U F

Y T G A M A G

A C I D P L R O W

Let's try to have all entries in by Friday 17th April at 12 noon UK time

I knew I did a Ravens one, I knew Shadow suggested it, was mine the first? I looked it up, it was Ravens from Mom, all the way back in 2015, inspired by watching Ron Weasley getting a howler from his mom. And OMG, were some of the entries damn fine! But I gave a lot of letters, so mom could say something. :) 

Also, only one set of letters, until the end, and then 2 sets of submissions!

You won that one, Gabe, sneaking up on Howlin'. Tsk tsk.

The final raven was to Jon Snow from Lyanna. The first three letters were NYU and out of 10 entries 9 started with either 'Now you'll understand' or 'Ned's your uncle'.

The most prophetic entry was written by Emmit, to Arianne Martell from her mom. "Murder spineless Doran. Organize his ruin. Steal Sunspear". Lol, I did not remember that!

There are a lot of missing players. Woofless actually lives in Toronto, and we used to chat, but then she just vanished. Sad.

I shall try to use some voodoo. Calling @Night's Queen  @Woofless  @yomi @Stonehearted Snake  @lil' ghost

More hopefully, @Emmit  and @Lady Blizzardborn

19 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I knew I did a Ravens one, I knew Shadow suggested it, was mine the first?

I didn't think the "ravens from mom" was the first but I could be wrong. I thought the first edition of it wasn't specific in that way.

23 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

You won that one, Gabe, sneaking up on Howlin'. Tsk tsk.

My signature move :P

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Not sure how many players we usually do here, but I’ll play if there’s still a spot!

There's no cap on numbers. I'm sure in its heyday we once reached 22 :o

The more the merrier :D

On 4/13/2020 at 5:49 AM, Dolorous Gabe said:

I didn't think the "ravens from mom" was the first but I could be wrong. I thought the first edition of it wasn't specific in that way.

I remember there was one which included Rhaegar writing to Aemon. I remember because I enjoyed rearranging the entries to make the story of Rhaegar & Lyanna in chronological order. 

10 hours ago, Howlin' Howland said:

Sigh, it's true.  :bang:

Well I'm incapable of running away with it like you have. You were about 50 points ahead of 2nd place, possibly more. I'll never achieve that as I produce too many zero-point entries.

On 4/12/2020 at 7:13 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

Let's try to have all entries in by Friday 17th April at 12 noon UK time

A few people have entered by sending me a PM but haven't sent in an entry yet. It wasn't an official deadline, so I'm happy to make the official deadline Sunday if that is amenable? Will have to be during the day. I'm supposed to be picking up my sister after her flight from Barcelona where she has been stuck since lockdown there.

Regarding R1, there's some low-hanging fruit that is getting very readily picked. Take that info and do with it what you will.

ROUND ONE

Vote for your favourite three in order of preference

I'm expecting one more entry to come in by Monday morning. I hope you're willing to wait till then to vote.

1 - Yours truly gaining again. Marriage arrangements good?

2 - Ambassadors certainly improved dinner party! Leftovers reheated - outstanding! - Wyman

3 - Baking pies! What utensil, Frey?

4 - Bitter pill: Wendel’s unanimate form.

5 - Youngsters took gifts and made amazing goulash!

6 - Attention, cowardly, infamous, despicable plotters: Loyalty’s revenge overthrows Walderlings!

7 - Boys' pies were uncommonly flavorful!

8 - Bringing pies Walder, unforgettable food.

9 - Be prepared. We’re united, fucker.

You have till Thursday 23rd April at 7pm to vote

Archived