Acrophobia #38: Raven Messages (part III)

Dolorous Gabe

1) 3 - Foes invading realm. Empress, Aemon now dies believing lost orphan’ll overcome doom!

2) 7 - Take aggressive risks getting allies. Regretting years...exhausted now.

3) 1 - Oh lovely Daenerys, Venerable ally lingers. Your return is anticipated!

Dolorous, if the person who sent in entry #5 included the word "exhausted" in their entry and you mistakenly left the word out when you showed us the entries (which has happened to me) then I would like to make 5 my first choice and move every other entry down one.  If leaving out a letter was a mistake made by the person who sent in the entry then I won't vote for it and the above three are my votes.

1 hour ago, Howlin' Howland said:

Dolorous, if the person who sent in entry #5 included the word "exhausted" in their entry and you mistakenly left the word out when you showed us the entries (which has happened to me) then I would like to make 5 my first choice and move every other entry down one.  If leaving out a letter was a mistake made by the person who sent in the entry then I won't vote for it and the above three are my votes.

Full disclosure.

The new word has been added by the author, it wasn't there originally.

Guys, how you vote in this situation is your prerogative. Just bear in mind that I am responsible for letting such mistakes slip through the cracks. Admittedly I don't check for such errors but I should.

I promised to host this game so I did but if I'm honest I regretted it as soon as we got started. I think I need a break from the forum to be frank.

<deleted because it was not in keeping with using good manners, as I was taught.>

1) 5 -  it is the best one this round "E" or no "E" ! :cheers:

2) 8

3) 7

<deleted for the same reason.>

Thanks @Dolorous Gabe for stepping in and hosting when I think I was supposed to do it, but since I had never done it before I was hesitant to take charge because I was afraid I might not be as good at it as you. B)

1st.   1 - Oh lovely Daenerys, Venerable ally lingers. Your return is anticipated!

2nd.  7 - Take aggressive risks getting allies. Regretting years...exhausted now.

3rd.   4 - Observe love. Determine values assisting life. Your responsibility is achievable.

2 hours ago, She who must be Obeyed said:

but since I had never done it before I was hesitant to take charge because I was afraid I might not be as good at it as you. B)

I think I promised to host before you put yourself forward, unless I am mistaken. Nevertheless, you'd definitely do a better job than me at the moment.

ROUND SEVEN RESULTS

1 - Oh lovely Daenerys, Venerable ally lingers. Your return is anticipated!

Author: She Who Must Be Obeyed  1+1 +3+1+1+3 = 10

2 - Fire ignites. Rhaegar enshrined, Aemon nearly. Daenerys becomes lightbringer of obsolete dragons.

Author: RhaenysBee 1+1 +2 = 4

3 - Foes invading realm. Empress, Aemon now dies believing lost orphan’ll overcome doom!

Author: Julia H. 1+1 +3+1+3 = 9

4 - Observe love. Determine values assisting life. Your responsibility is achievable.

Author: honeyed chicken 1+1 +1+2+1+1 = 7

5 - Forever, I repined, exhausted. And now, dragons! Bright looms our old dreams!

Author: Fragile Bird 1+1 +3+3+3+2 +3 = 16

6 - Occupying lands, dragons, victories aplenty!?!  Lady, your return is assured.

Author: Howlin’ Howland 1+1 +2+1 = 5

7 - Take aggressive risks getting allies. Regretting years...exhausted now.

Author: rocksniffer 1+1 +2+1+2+2 = 9

8 - Fiery impregnation routs Egg's -- alas! -- nixed dragon birthing. Lucky obstetrics, obviously, dearie!

Author: Count Balerion 1+1 +2+3 = 7

A first, I think. Joint winners. In the end a tie between Julia H. and Fragile Bird.

Congratulations to both!

FINAL STANDINGS

Julia H.   68 + 9 = 77   /   Fragile Bird   61 + 16 = 77

rocksniffer   58 + 9 = 67

She Who Must Be Obeyed   54 + 10 = 64

Count Balerion   42 + 7 = 49   /   honeyed chicken   42 + 7 = 49

Howlin’ Howland   41 + 5 = 46

RhaenysBee   36 + 4 = 40

Eternally_His   15

Castellan 8

Based on the collective entries of the two winners overall, I’d suggest the tie as it stands is a very fair reflection of a strong contest between two of the top tier Acrophobia players. Shall we leave it at that?

Thanks to everyone for playing and putting up with my bad hosting.

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

A first, I think. Joint winners. In the end a tie between Julia H. and Fragile Bird.

Shall we leave it at that?

As a matter of fact, I would like another round. :cool4:

Just kidding. :P

Thank you, Gabe, for the game! You are an excellent host! 

45 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

It's nice to make history with the amazing Julia! :love:

It was great to compete with you again! :cheers: :love:

Congratulations to everyone! :grouphug:

On 5/25/2020 at 8:57 AM, She who must be Obeyed said:

Wow! It seems like an honest mistake was made and in my opinion it shouldn't be such an issue. :o

The entries this game have been great across the board and I am sure that the host as well as each player has made every effort to do the right thing. I am reminded that we all have made mistakes at one time or another. It is just a game that is supposed to be for fun, after all, and the results aren't world shattering.

My advice is lighten up! ^_^

Furthermore it hasn't changed my mind about my enjoyment of the game or my choices for this round, which are as follows:

1) 5 -  it is the best one this round "E" or no "E" ! :cheers:

2) 8

3) 7

Final observation, for what it is worth, we are all friends here and when a game becomes so contentious perhaps it is time to take a break. Thanks @Dolorous Gabe for stepping in and hosting when I think I was supposed to do it, but since I had never done it before I was hesitant to take charge because I was afraid I might not be as good at it as you. B)

Was there contention? Maybe the health hoohah put people in a mood?

11 minutes ago, Count Balerion said:

Was there contention? Maybe the health hoohah put people in a mood?

@Count Balerion,  I was in a mood myself, and I apologize to everyone for speaking out. :(

I always enjoy these games so much and I let my over stressed mind loosen my tongue - well fingers. I want to thank @Dolorous Gabe for being a wonderful host, as always, and everyone of you, the players, who make this game a challenging momentary escape from the daily grind. :grouphug:

Congratulations to @Julia H. and @Fragile Bird for the outstanding double win! :)

Crazy idea (a specialty of mine ;) ):

All star acrophobia.

There isn't currently (I do not believe) a thread for an Acrophobia archive like there is for pictionary or used to be for the elimination game, but one could track down the old games with some effort. The host picks out the highest vote getting entry from a round in each of ten old acros and lists them without the author's name and without the game number. We vote on them, and since there's no writing to be done, hold a vote every other day. Instead of posting results on a round by round basis, the host reveals a winner at the end.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, a free shadow said:

Is there to be a new acrophobia game? So that I can not play it :ninja: 

why don't you start a 20 questions game, then we can all decide if we will play it.

Archived