Lord of Storm’s End? More like Lord of Nothing.

Angel Eyes

So I went back and rewatched the part where Daenerys names Gendry Lord of Storm’s End. Part of it didn’t make sense, but part of it did. Let’s start with the nonsensical part. The Stormlands’ armies were all but wiped out by Ramsay in Season 5. You’d think that the Stormlands would be hankering for Cersei’s blood, the person who used her illegitimate children to usurp the line of Robert Baratheon. And yet in Episode 5 there’s no Stormlanders amongst the armies assembling against Cersei. 

But then it made some sense: Daenerys is shunting Gendry aside. She’s giving him a seat he can’t manage, with no armies to oppose her in future, and he might not be able to read so he’s useless.

The interaction with Gendry is beyond stupid. (I'm going to steal some of Glidus's points here, just because they're so damn good)

So first off Dany asks who is Lord of SE, and nobody, and I mean nobody, not even bloody Varys knows who that is. It's Like people asking at the UN who leads China, and nobody knowing. Then they decide to name one of their own as president of China. Dany appoints someone who has been a blacksmith as lord of SE, and legitimizes the only surviving son of the last accepted king, therefore creating a worthy contender to the Throne. The stupid continues at the council in the end. Who could we pick? It's like there's anybody here who is the legitimate son of the last accepted king of Westeros, someone with a kingdom behind him?

And of course with Dany being gone, and Yara not being the Queen of the Iron Islands, then isn't Gendry being legitimised no longer valid?

And the other issue is even with a minimal army, why would Gendry get to rule the Stormlands. Same for Bronn in the Reach. Other people would have taken over in the time when their previous rulers were done.

9 hours ago, Ghostlydragon said:

And of course with Dany being gone, and Yara not being the Queen of the Iron Islands, then isn't Gendry being legitimised no longer valid?

And the other issue is even with a minimal army, why would Gendry get to rule the Stormlands. Same for Bronn in the Reach. Other people would have taken over in the time when their previous rulers were done.

I thought Dany was being deliberate. He has no skills to govern, he has no army; since he has neither he can't oppose her and (theoretically) take back his father's throne.

On 4/24/2020 at 2:17 PM, Angel Eyes said:

I thought Dany was being deliberate. He has no skills to govern, he has no army; since he has neither he can't oppose her and (theoretically) take back his father's throne.

Also, note that while he is appointed Lord of Storm's End, he does not have their support because he does not help in the campaign against Cersei.

Archived