What do you think is the meaning of "Child of Three?"

The Green Bard

On 9/11/2020 at 9:22 PM, Rondo said:

Child of Three is Azor Ahai.  Her importance is not due to being of the royal family but because of something going much farther back in time.  She is a descendant of the Empresses and Emperors of the Great Empire of the Dawn.  She builds the foundation of each new empire after a violent climate change has cleansed the planet.  Her ancestor built the foundations of the Great Empire of the Dawn and fits with her Mother role.  

Agreed

10 hours ago, Eliscat said:

Has the idea been put forth that Daenerys was triplets? Val and Wylla Manderly? Or some such pair? A dragon born with three heads? One to bed one to dread etc..

I will say  no to triplets.  There is that theory that's been going around of a twin/ brother to balance out the prophecies.  Symmetry, to follow the chain of sister-brother marriages.  King Aerys must have fathered a lot of bastards.  Gerold Dayne is my suspect. 

On 9/14/2020 at 8:14 AM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

I will say  no to triplets.  There is that theory that's been going around of a twin/ brother to balance out the prophecies.  Symmetry, to follow the chain of sister-brother marriages.  King Aerys must have fathered a lot of bastards.  Gerold Dayne is my suspect. 

I thought Darkstar was Queen Rheallas bastard, Jaehaerys Targaryen. He was weaned on venom, dislikes his name prefers to ba called Darkstar as it would be his own name and is jealous/hateful of Arthur Dayne 

She is Daenerys, of House Targaryen.  The daughter of Aerys and Rhaella.  Heir to the Kingdom of Westeros.  Khaleesi and all of the titles she earned.  But there is much more.  All those are already known.  Why take the trouble to tell her what she already knows.  So why is Quaithe so determined to make her remember who she is?  It has to do with her past lives.  Those memories of hers are not all from this life time.  The girl was what, 14 when she came to see the warlocks.  She doesn't have a lot of history at that early of an age because she was barely a teenager.  Quaithe is talking about something else.  She went in seeking advice on where to find an army.  They told her nothing useful about that.  But she found a way on her own to acquire a formidable army.  I don't think the riddle is about finding an army because she is very capable to do that on her own.  It's about Azor Ahai.  She is most likely this Azor Ahai mentioned in the prophecies. 

Child of Three is just one term used to describe her.  It's not the most important to me.  Mother of Dragons, now that is a great description and very specific.  Daughter of Death because she was conceived during a time of war.  Her mother died in the birthing bed, brothers dead, father dead.  Husband and son died during her rebirth.  Bride of Fire.  She is a Targaryen bride and they are fire.  It just means a Targaryen bride.  Groom of Fire was never mentioned because she will not marry another Targaryen. 

On 9/14/2020 at 12:27 AM, Eliscat said:

Has the idea been put forth that Daenerys was triplets? Val and Wylla Manderly? Or some such pair? A dragon born with three heads? One to bed one to dread etc..

A triplet is a rare enough event.  It would have been noted.  Her life has been tracked and monitored since birth.  That is a hard secret to contain.  Possible but very hard to conceal something like that.

On 9/23/2020 at 11:50 PM, Jeeves said:

A triplet is a rare enough event.  It would have been noted.  Her life has been tracked and monitored since birth.  That is a hard secret to contain.  Possible but very hard to conceal something like that.

True. I was thinking maybe they were separated at birth discreetly. Plus I can’t recall triplets being mentioned anywhere. Maybe not possible in Planetos. Strange considering all the 3s everywhere...codon or musical triplet? Just spitballing and chasing rabbits. (Stooopid 3s everywhere, multiple conflicting theory’s, its madness! I’m close to having a room with pictures pasted to the wall connected by worming threads as thin as my sanity!)

On 9/11/2020 at 9:22 PM, Rondo said:

Child of Three is Azor Ahai.  Her importance is not due to being of the royal family but because of something going much farther back in time.  She is a descendant of the Empresses and Emperors of the Great Empire of the Dawn.  She builds the foundation of each new empire after a violent climate change has cleansed the planet.  Her ancestor built the foundations of the Great Empire of the Dawn and fits with her Mother role.  

Child of Three identified her as the daughter of House Targaryen.  The titles put together made her Azor Ahai.  Each of the titles are roles which she will play in this long drama.  Daughter of death, she is an orphan because her parents are both dead.  Targaryen is her house of origin, her childhood identity.  Bride of Fire, is her as a wife.  Mother of Dragons, is her identity as the hatcher and rider of Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal.  Mhysa is what she is to the people whom she rescued from slavery.  Slayer of Lies, because she will execute the liars, Stannis, Aegon, and Jon. 

On 9/18/2020 at 12:46 AM, Eliscat said:

I thought Darkstar was Queen Rheallas bastard, Jaehaerys Targaryen. He was weaned on venom, dislikes his name prefers to ba called Darkstar as it would be his own name and is jealous/hateful of Arthur Dayne 

Queen Rhaella had little privacy.  Fooling around would have been hard.  She had servants and other lady attendants trailing her every step.  Any hate towards Arthur could have something to do with the sword.  He didn't get it.  

All that has been said is true. 

But it is also the prophecy of the three dragon heads. 

In Braavos sees the head that eats the reborn head and the mystery third. 

Arya eats the dead apple so she is the (third??) head and she is tied to Rhaegar's sons (Jon and Aegon VI). She has the coin and the needle. 

Jon is the reborn head (azor ahai reborn). 

Aegon VI is the mystery head since his identity is hidden. 

So where does Dany come to play? Well she birthed three dragons by sacrificing her own child (the stallion that mounts the world). This is what in essence Aegon V hoped to accomplish. 

So how is she "child of three"? She has three dragons, she is of three siblings, and she has walked under the shadows (Mirri Maz Duur). 

So what is the answer, because there is one. There is an answer. I just don't see it yet. 

8 hours ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Queen Rhaella had little privacy.  Fooling around would have been hard.  She had servants and other lady attendants trailing her every step.  Any hate towards Arthur could have something to do with the sword.  He didn't get it.  

True. But we have seen kings guard shaging Queens. Aerys reaction after the birth of Jaehaerys, locking her up in the maiden vault, and forced septa’s as bed companions, makes me suspicious. Strange steps to take to protect a newborn prince......unless Aerys was trying  to keep the baby’s mama away so he could kill it. No Bastard may sit the iron throne!....if I got my facts straight Even if I do I’m probably wrong on the interpretation. My minds a muddled mess of maddening myopic plots.

Daenerys is the child of Visenya, Rhaenys, and Aegon.  The Lannisters are the children of Lann.  Hizdahr is the son of the harpy.  It's just a cool way of stating her birth family.  She will be known as The Prince Who Was Promised because Valyrian is neutral in terms of gender.  Azor Ahai is her name in the eastern lands.  Asshai in particular. 

Archived