Penny Dreadful: City of Angels (Spoilers from Satan's Board-Spawn)

SpaceChampion

Found the time to pick the series back up, I'm immediately hooked in again.

Up to episode 8 and oh sweet Lucifer I heard the sweet sweet tones of Patti LuPone and my heart grew three sizes and I squealed like a little girl. I'm so happy she agreed to appear, that now makes three characters across the series

• 2 weeks later...

I've been sitting on the final episode for a while because I don't want the disappointment of the ending. I've watched episode 9and it's clear that from where that left off, there won't be a satisfactory ending for any of these storylines. I'd guess Logan probably worked as he did for the original and had a multi-season story planned out. Very disappointing as I have loved this season overall and wish it was getting a renewal.

I do think the first half was stronger than the second though

I've been slowly working my way through this and also just have the last episode to watch. To be brutally honest, I can see why this show was cancelled. I don't even know why they associated this show with Penny Dreadful - it had practically nothing in common with the original in either tone or style and Dormer in different outfits playing different characters became old very quickly. There was also no relation whatsoever to the American scenes from the original or the Shaman lore. Without the supernatural stuff and association to PD, this show could have made a decent period piece but as it is, I found it to be just tedious and disappointing. 

Archived