Taking it to the Streets - Covid-19 #12

Fragile Bird

1 minute ago, Liffguard said:

Is Trump actually worse than Bush? Honest question, not being rhetorical. Trump is definitely terrible, but Bush is a mass murderer and torturer (amongst many other awful things) on a scale that Trump has yet to match. Trump certainly still has time to do even worse things, and I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of his time in office (whenever that may be) he's unquestionably taken the title, I'm just not sure he's there yet.

Fair point, I guess it depends on how you measure it. They both have a lot to answer for.

But I don't think there's any doubt that, with specific reference to COVID-19, GWB would have done a far better job of handling this.

4 minutes ago, Liffguard said:

Is Trump actually worse than Bush? Honest question, not being rhetorical. Trump is definitely terrible, but Bush is a mass murderer and torturer (amongst many other awful things) on a scale that Trump has yet to match. Trump certainly still has time to do even worse things, and I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of his time in office (whenever that may be) he's unquestionably taken the title, I'm just not sure he's there yet.

Trumps gotta 50k+ and counting killed because of his horrendous response to the pandemic. 

he’s also just as blood thirsty for death in the Middle East as Bush was. His actions in Rojava and allowing the Turks to march in there to commit genocide have him up there close to Bush level of suck.

37 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

For anyone looking for a bit of animal-based respite from the horror of everything, this twitter account is mana from Heaven.

She did remember to inject those critters with disinfectant, right? 

ETA: Hey @Fragile Bird:

7 minutes ago, Liffguard said:

If you account for institutional damage and long term harm, yeah, he blasted past Bush a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, Bonnot OG said:

Trumps gotta 50k+ and counting killed because of his horrendous response to the pandemic. 

he’s also just as blood thirsty for death in the Middle East as Bush was. His actions in Rojava and allowing the Turks to march in there to commit genocide have him up there close to Bush level of suck.

That assumes that nobody would have died with the correct response. I dont want to defend him, but blaming him for every single death is clearly nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Liffguard said:

Yeah Bush’s record on Katrina, the financial crisis, tax cuts, Iraq...it’s pretty shocking. And easily overlooked because Trump is such a dick. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

That assumes that nobody would have died with the correct response. I dont want to defend him, but blaming him for every single death is clearly nonsense. 

True. Even so, I reckon next year's Darwin Award will have to be a collective prize.

The company that makes Lysol, Reckitt Benckiser, was worried enough they issued a statement this morning:

Due to recent speculation and social media activity, RB (the makers of Lysol and Dettol) has been asked whether internal administration of disinfectants may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).

As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route).  As with all products, our disinfectant and hygiene products should only be used as intended and in line with usage guidelines. Please read the label and safety information.

We have a responsibility in providing consumers with access to accurate, up-to-date information as advised by leading public health experts. For this and other myth-busting facts, please visit www.Covid-19facts.com

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

You do want to defend him hence the comment defending him. 

he’s responsible for tens of thousands people dying and more that will die thanks to his and the gops insistence  on worrying about money over people.

40 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

She's injecting them with something. They were as big as their momma at sixteen weeks! 

Like I joked around before in a different thread, if you're a pro athlete, now is the time to juice up. Nobody will test you for ages.

1 hour ago, Paxter said:

Yeah Bush’s record on Katrina, the financial crisis, tax cuts, Iraq...it’s pretty shocking. And easily overlooked because Trump is such a dick. 

But I mean, Obama once wore an out of season suit, and he saluted someone with a cup of coffee in hand.

So just as bad as Bush and Trump.

Worse if you watch Fox.

I clicked on a CNN article about the statement issued by RB about not ingesting Lysol, and didn't have to go far in the comments to find gold.

S....B... I heard trump that is not what he meant at all. He meant maybe they can come up with something people can inhale to clean the lungs. Such as they do with asthma or other respiratory disease. He wasn’t saying inhale Lysol. People inhale drugs all the time and maybe an in haled therapy would work to help clean the lungs. He is talking concept not actually inhaling Lysol. Wow

T....A:  S... B.... no one inhales anything for any disease to clean their lungs..

S...B...  You guys are just trump haters and heard Obama and yes your presidential nominee say the craziest stuff ever. However people understood what he meant. It’s just political to you all it’s not about the truth I get it. But maybe an inhaled therapy to clear the lungs would work my concern is People not you trump politics or people

J...L...  S.B. yes! he was asking them to think out of the box for cures - that’s all.

S...B...  Do you know that you hit the body with powerful sound waves and it destroys kidney stones. All the president was saying is think outside the box as researchers and medical professionals. Your political hate is crazy out of control. Guaranteed if Biden said this cnn would skip right over it like they do with decaying mental state and that is who you choose as your nominee. That’s what I call crazy!

I would link the article on Facebook but I don't think you see the comments, just the article. It's a CNN piece, Lysol Maker: Please Don't Drink Our Cleaning Products.

Trump has done a terrible job of managing this crisis, but there's also a lot of other blame to go around. The United States was always going to struggle terribly with this, more than any developed country, given their "health" system and the massive inequality, class divides and lack of a social safety net.

A proactive and science-based President could have made a much better response, but they wouldn't have been able to fix all of those other problems in time for this.

To be fair, other developed countries (e.g. Italy, Spain, UK) have not necessarily done a whole lot better in terms of actual health outcomes, although one might argue they're taking more care of their citizens overall.

1 hour ago, Bonnot OG said:

You do want to defend him hence the comment defending him. 

he’s responsible for tens of thousands people dying and more that will die thanks to his and the gops insistence  on worrying about money over people.

Im not defending him, I'm attacking you for talking nonsense.

There have been 50000 deaths in the states. You said he is responsible for every single one of them.  Moving the goalposts now is just silly. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

But I mean, Obama once wore an out of season suit, and he saluted someone with a cup of coffee in hand.

So just as bad as Bush and Trump.

Worse if you watch Fox.

And Dijon mustard on a hot dog. Which is a self-own by cuck-servatives because Dijon is the best mustard. It is known.

Archived