Agents of SHIELD: Season 7

SpaceChampion

45 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Perhaps this is unofficially Agent Carter season 3.

Maybe, but I feel like if they had Atwell that would have been the headline, not Souza. I'm thinking this is unwounded pre-war Souza. 

Agent Carter was the one Marvel TV show I thought had a chance of coming back on Disney+. But the character's kinda in a weird place because it's still unclear if she ended up with time traveling Rogers in the main timeline or some other timeline. I think the directors of Endgame said one thing and the writers said the opposite. 

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

Agent Carter was the one Marvel TV show I thought had a chance of coming back on Disney+. But the character's kinda in a weird place because it's still unclear if she ended up with time traveling Rogers in the main timeline or some other timeline. I think the directors of Endgame said one thing and the writers said the opposite. 

Well if Chris Evans was up for it they could have done a series with the both of them, Cap trying to stay out of messing with the timeline, but Peggy keeps getting into trouble with Hydra.  He'd have to take on the namesake of a different superhero probably.   I bet they did pitch that to him.

Which, if any, streaming services will this be on in the UK? I gotta say SHIELD is a real success story of a tv show for me, considering how exceptionally MEH it started out, I'm so glad it didn't fall down the cancellation hole like so many other Marvel (and just us tv shows in general) because now this is something I actively want to watch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Glad the thread was bumped up. Indeed, the 2-hr finale is tonight. I predict a bittersweet ending based on how this season has gone.

An enjoyable season overall, with a lot of carefree and nostalgia moments, and some good tearjerker moments. The time loop episode stands above all the others this season, unless the finale is better. 

There have been disappointments, too, notably needing to mostly write Fitz out because of the actor's availability. The main villain has been boring and annoying, and the secondary villains have been ok-ish. Sybil should have gotten more narrative space.

I love this show but it can be so stupid sometimes. Last night I started season three with the monolith. Fitz tracks down an ancient scroll that's supposed to explain what it is. He finally gets it and it just says [dramatic pause] "DEATH" in hebrew. So someone thought that would be helpful, I guess. To write death on a piece of paper and hide it away in an ornate...scroll holder. There was more room on the scroll. They could have elaborated!

Working my way through season four now. It's a shame Luna didn't get his Hulu soft-reboot of Ghost Rider. Also Fitz is so different, with his brain injury seemingly gone and much more confidence. 

Another dumb bit though: So Robbie and his brother were going out to race the Fifth Street Locos in their uncle's rather distinctive car, Robbie had already beaten them once.

Separately in a huge coincidence/contrivance the lead scientist using the Darkhold hires the same gang to kill their uncle (instead of say, just killing him with the demonic book he was so fond of.) 

I mean I guess it's possible that some of the gang knew about the race and not the hit while others new about the hit and not that the car they were supposed to be hitting was being driven by someone else to race members of their own gang, but it's real sloppy writing. 

Archived