Agents of SHIELD: Season 7

SpaceChampion

• 1 month later...

So I remember the last thing I saw regarding this show was Yo-Yo's arms getting cut off. (S4, I think)

As I remember, this show was canon back then. Is it still? And is it worth watching the remaining stuff, because I hear people sayin it was good enough to watch, and I don't know.

1 minute ago, Daeron the Daring said:

So I remember the last thing I saw regarding this show was Yo-Yo's arms getting cut off. (S4, I think)

As I remember, this show was canon back then. Is it still? And is it worth watching the remaining stuff, because I hear people sayin it was good enough to watch, and I don't know.

It’s never been made explicitly not canon, but they don’t address the snap at all which to most, puts it in its own universe. I think it’ll stay in that canon purgatory, there’s no point Feige de-canonising it and pissing the fans off, and there’s no chance any of the characters will ever migrate to the MCU proper.

It’s still a really solid show, but it needs to be enjoyed on its own merits (which isn’t easy, as they still talk about whatever’s happening in the films).

1 minute ago, DaveSumm said:

It’s never been made explicitly not canon, but they don’t address the snap at all which to most, puts it in its own universe. I think it’ll stay in that canon purgatory, there’s no point Feige de-canonising it and pissing the fans off, and there’s no chance any of the characters will ever migrate to the MCU proper.

It’s still a really solid show, but it needs to be enjoyed on its own merits (which isn’t easy, as they still talk about whatever’s happening in the films).

That's sad, honestly. At a younger age I was so fond of this stuff (don't ask me why), and I'm still unable to convince myself to watch the remaining 3 seasons.

11 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Season 5, after the space time travel plot. But that season ends very well - Daisy vs Talbot, Fitz, Coulson's farewell. It was thought to be the end, so it felt strongly as a series end, then it was miraculously renewed. I don't know if you watched that and don't remember, or didn't watch.

OTOH, season 6 is a bit all over the place. It has some fun episodes, but a weaker main villain.

Season 7 is generally endearing, with silly plots, but strong character moments, too, and it ends the show solidly. The last villain sucks, though.

11 minutes ago, Mr Gordo said:

Don't  know if I mentioned this in this thread but there was actually a scene cut from the final episode where they talk about t he snap and how they avoided it(something something time travel quantum something). They say it was cut for time but I think it's more likely someone high up cut it so it will be easier to pretend its not canon now.

I haven’t seen a single good explanation for them avoiding the snap, so I really struggle to imagine what that could’ve been. More likely it was cut for being weak as fuck. The best r/shield has come up with is “the snap happened but not one of the cast got snapped and nobody ever mentioned it, or it’s repercussions”. OK. 

I found it, just for completeness sake:

"Some of the stuff they did with time travel in 'Endgame' indicated that there are other timelines where other adventures are occurring. We’re following the multi-verse rule. The only way that someone survives Thanos’s snap in the movies is go into the quantum realm, and we originally did plan to give that a mention — because we used the quantum realm to move between timelines — but it got cut for time."

They did indeed use the quantum realm ... two full seasons after the snap. So yea, weak as fuck.

Archived