Do the old--and I do mean old--posters still post here?

MeanMrMustard

I think I joined sometime early in 2005 (or possibly late 2004). I do remember being on the board for a while before this one came along but I was still relatively new at the time.

12 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Man, for a stoner, Scot sure keeps himself busy!

I reckon at least 5K of them are probably complaints about what Peter Jackson did with Denethor's plotline in Return of the King.

3 minutes ago, lessthanluke said:

I must reek of immaturity hah!

(Which would have definitely been true in my early years here)

It's probably because of the suggestive way you look at your GF's hips when she dead lifts.

I cannot blame you, btw. 

:P

On 4/27/2020 at 9:07 PM, lessthanluke said:

Same. Joined in 2007 at the rip old age of 19 according to my profile but I lurked for quite a while before that. Still class myself as a noob though.

Also 19 when I joined, in 2006. And I definitely still think of myself as newcomer. Not ready to be an old-timer yet.

21 hours ago, Raja said:

The more I read gen chat, the more this holds true.

And then Bilbo's 'I'm old gandalf' starts playing in my head.

Do you also feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread?

7 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Do you also feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread?

Hah! You know, that's one of my favourite lines from the movie, especially the bit about 'butter scraped over too much bread', I feel like it's such a spot on description.

( Is it from the books? It's been a while since I've read them. I've only read them once!)

2 minutes ago, Raja said:

( Is it from the books? It's been a while since I've read them)

Yep, though made a little more concise in the film, I think. The full quote is:

Why, I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread. 

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

Is it cool to ask after long-timers who have moved on? I am not Facebook friends with people so I don't know real life stuff. Like, where is TerraPrime? I hope he's doing well wherever he is.

He's on FB, yes, and doing well last I checked. :)

10 minutes ago, williamjm said:

In your defence, there were a lot of people who needed to be educated about the genius of Blade Runner.

Yes it’s true hehe. I was a very enthusiastic 18 year old :lol: I think I got told off a couple times for posting too much (sorry everyone!) :D 

Archived