Do the old--and I do mean old--posters still post here?

MeanMrMustard

Hmn... I'm 3 years or so free, but Billy and willow are probably two of the most missed for me.

No way am I going back to the hellhole that was FB. 

4 hours ago, williamjm said:

I think I joined sometime early in 2005 (or possibly late 2004). I do remember being on the board for a while before this one came along but I was still relatively new at the time.

I reckon at least 5K of them are probably complaints about what Peter Jackson did with Denethor's plotline in Return of the King.

Yes?

10 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Sarcasm, Reny old boy. Sarcasm

How's Os, btw?

I wish I knew, I miss talking to him. 

I also miss Trebla, CaressofCersei, Lodengarl, dajamison, and Nymeria. Made some great memories with them at Worldcon. After my second WorldCon I went to the U of Oregon and while at a football game heard CaressofCersei's voice and found her. She then surprised me with a little get together that included, if I remember correctly, Lodey, dajamie, and Nymeria. We watched The Blood of Heroes and had some awesome salmon. Ah good times. 

ETA: I think while I was there, UofO, I also showed a lack of grasp of geography. Cause I believe we were chatting on night on AOL and you said you were in Vancouver and I assumed for some reason that Vancover, WA was Vancouver, Canada. 

8 minutes ago, Reny of Storms End said:

I wish I knew, I miss talking to him. 

I also miss Trebla, CaressofCersei, Lodengarl, dajamison, and Nymeria. Made some great memories with them at Worldcon. After my second WorldCon I went to the U of Oregon and while at a football game heard CaressofCersei's voice and found her. She then surprised me with a little get together that included, if I remember correctly, Lodey, dajamie, and Nymeria. We watched The Blood of Heroes and had some awesome salmon. Ah good times. 

Trebla has been posting in the NFL thread lately.

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

Trebla has been posting in the NFL thread lately.

Twitter too. Dude's still got it.

I haven't talked to Caress since the board axed its chatroom, iirc. Crazy.

7 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

Twitter too. Dude's still got it.

I haven't talked to Caress since the board axed its chatroom, iirc. Crazy.

Speaking of chat rooms, we're going to try out a Discord server as there's an add-on to Invision that allows integration somehow.

14 hours ago, Ran said:

Speaking of chat rooms, we're going to try out a Discord server as there's an add-on to Invision that allows integration somehow.

Whaaaa... a voicechat, Ran? Or text?

---

Hey, Whitestripe. :)

56 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Whaaaa... a voicechat, Ran? Or text?

---

Hey, Whitestripe. :)

Voice chat! We can all sing together  "what is love?"

On 4/28/2020 at 5:05 AM, Jeor said:

Coming up on 20 years now, I think I joined the ezboard back in 2000 sometime when I was in high school and now I'm 34 years old, how crazy.

I vaguely remember partaking in a lot of the wargames stuff on the Songs board. The board wargames were great fun but usually never finished properly because everyone usually resigned or packed it in before the final battles could be fought. I do remember playing on a Northern map once (where @Relic I think was leading the wildling team?). And LCT (Lord Commander Tollett?) created a random character called "Jon O'Beans" who was nowhere to be found but had extremely high Poison and Subterfuge skills, and everyone was freaking out about where he was on the map...

Mate, those Wargames were SO MUCH FUN. God, one of them led to so much drama too, when Os flipped out that Brady and I got wind of his plans to betray us, and had him executed in game. Os never got over it, sadly. Amryc was also insanely good at those games, and was a huge pain in the ass. RIP Songs of Westeros board. And RIP my beloved Board Beyond the Wall. Created in lonesome exile after testing the limits of Ran's patience, led to years of creation and cooperation, and honest to god friendships with the likes of the legendary @JEORDHl

Been here since 1999, when i was just a wee lad. NHAW for life. 

Archived