Do the old--and I do mean old--posters still post here?

MeanMrMustard

33 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I’m certainly not an old poster but have vague memories of this person posting. Was it mashiara? (Shame the avatar is gone, that is what I recall most)

Yes it was Mashiara, Dalthor is her husband. If I remember correctly they originally met on a Wheel of Time board, even if they both posted on here as well.

2 hours ago, williamjm said:

Yes it was Mashiara, Dalthor is her husband. If I remember correctly they originally met on a Wheel of Time board, even if they both posted on here as well.

They're still active on Facebook and doing well.  Their twins are actually really close in age to my youngest and Mya and YW's youngest.   

19 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Adding to my list of remembered posters: Relic, Kalbear, (I know they’re both still around), Nas, Coco, Balefont, Mandy, Cuellar, Wert, Trebla, KAH, Davos, Brude, Caress, Niamh, MFC, Angalin and Zak all popped into my mind as I was trying to fall asleep last night.  Now I’m haunted by the board.  I see avatars and then I have to rack my brain to remember their names.

And who was the board couple based in Greece?  She was Greek and he moved there to be with her.  Was that Maltaran?  I think they were the second official board couple after YW and Maya. 

Only because we did not believe that Ran exists back in the day. His existence  was only proven at the worldcon in Glasgow I believe. ;)

19 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Adding to my list of remembered posters: Relic, Kalbear, (I know they’re both still around), Nas, Coco, Balefont, Mandy, Cuellar, Wert, Trebla, KAH, Davos, Brude, Caress, Niamh, MFC, Angalin and Zak all popped into my mind as I was trying to fall asleep last night.  Now I’m haunted by the board.  I see avatars and then I have to rack my brain to remember their names.

There was a MediumFatCoward before I came along? 

23 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

As I said not an old poster by any means, but there are still a few posters I encountered when I first arrived who no longer post or post rarely and i often wonder how they are doing. Gillio, Dreamsongs, Lady Olenna, Q the Cat, Arya Kiddin’. Last post i recall from Q things were going well for her

They all posted mostly in TTTNE. I often ask myself also about how Koba, Lord Tyrion, Zar Lannister and others are doing.

1 hour ago, Prue said:

Mashiara and Dalthor always join the Eurovision chat. What a pity that there won't be this epic chat event this year. Oppa!

I remember them from there too.

I have been wondering if adding the chat function to the forum means we won't have to frantically search for ways to set up a chatroom in time for Eurovision every year from now on.

ETA: I have no idea if he counts as a really old poster or not, but does anyone know how Lord Mountain Goat is doing?

3 minutes ago, Reny of Storms End said:

I know I'm missing something here. Are you two married? 

Yes. We've been married for almost 13 years now. :) And we met because of the board and met at Worldcon. 

I believe that I joined in Late 2001. I know that I migrated to the new board in November 2005.

So many silly memories - thread rampages, drunken chats, be another boarder, world cups - good times. One of my biggest regrets is not going to the Toronto Worldcon in 2003. I was having a rough time with life - and anxiety kept me away. 

I rarely post nowadays, but find myself lurking a lot. Even after all of this time, the Board still tugs at me. 

While he has been long gone from the board, I do have @SergioCQH on FB and just yesterday he started his residency as an MD. Which surprised me and, apparently, some of his schoolmates, who'd assumed he'd have been satisfied with the JD he already had.

He was always a pretty sharp fellow on the board. I remember him working out some of the physics if you tried to build a 700-foot-tall wall of Ice...

On 5/2/2020 at 10:45 PM, drawkcabi said:

Yeah, I always think of having joined at relatively around the same time as you. I joined the old board on Dec, 31 2002, for some reason I always remember that.

. . .

I've stated before my take on board iterations:

EE site = The First Ones

EZ Board = The Old Gods

This board 2005 - up until GOT premieres in 2011 = The New Gods

Post 2011 GOT premiere = The Floobs

Wow. I'm one of the New Gods? 

I'll take it. :P

My hiatus began when I got started working for the company that helped produce the World of Ice and Fire book--their NDA was no joke!

When I took the Taos Toolbox Writer's Workshop with George, we joked that I should have made numerous bets on the board about the book's contents in the multiple threads it had before it got published. 

Shout out to my former Chicago BWB peeps. I still see some of them on FB and Twitter. 

Archived