Do the old--and I do mean old--posters still post here?

MeanMrMustard

7 hours ago, Ran said:

While he has been long gone from the board, I do have @SergioCQH on FB and just yesterday he started his residency as an MD. Which surprised me and, apparently, some of his schoolmates, who'd assumed he'd have been satisfied with the JD he already had.

He was always a pretty sharp fellow on the board. I remember him working out some of the physics if you tried to build a 700-foot-tall wall of Ice...

Sergio.

Daaaaaaaaamn.

Yikes. This thread is bringing back memories.

I would guess most of you don't remember me so well, but I think I count as Old Gods. I've never been a prolific poster, but I've been around for about the same as Scot. I am pretty sure it was junior year of high school on the EZ board. I remember opening this board and the original Thread that Never Ends.

Somewhere along the lines, I lost the go kart.

I mostly lurk. I think I was quite active like eight years ago. I got away for a few years, but I don't know where I would maintain my liberal brainwashing and hatred for various sports teams if I didn't check in here.

To quote a brilliant chef and a beautiful Bowie, fuck the Giants.

I joined in 2000, or at least the older types.  But lots and lots of periods with significant lurking only.

I do miss Chats, Stego, EHK, and a number of others who don't appear to be around anymore.  

3 minutes ago, ants said:

I joined in 2000, or at least the older types.  But lots and lots of periods with significant lurking only.

I do miss Chats, Stego, EHK, and a number of others who don't appear to be around anymore.  

RIP EHK. :( He is definitely missed.

Stego showed up in the politics threads recently and may still be lurking there.

4 hours ago, Ran said:

RIP EHK. :( He is definitely missed.

Stego showed up in the politics threads recently and may still be lurking there.

I still remember the shock of EHK's passing. I was a lot more active back then. Sometimes I still wonder how his rants would look in our times, and how much popcorn/scotch I would consume while reading through them.

Does Stego still lift heavy things and put them back down?

On 5/5/2020 at 1:19 AM, Iskaral Pust said:

And who was the board couple based in Greece?  She was Greek and he moved there to be with her.  Was that Maltaran?  I think they were the second official board couple after YW and Maya. 

On 5/5/2020 at 1:32 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

I’m certainly not an old poster but have vague memories of this person posting. Was it mashiara? (Shame the avatar is gone, that is what I recall most)

On 5/5/2020 at 2:06 AM, williamjm said:

Yes it was Mashiara, Dalthor is her husband. If I remember correctly they originally met on a Wheel of Time board, even if they both posted on here as well.

On 5/5/2020 at 4:54 AM, Jaxom 1974 said:

They're still active on Facebook and doing well.  Their twins are actually really close in age to my youngest and Mya and YW's youngest.   

Wow! I feel the love! Going through this thread brings back SOOO many memories, guys! Those were good times! I haven't been active around here at all for a few years, I see some of you on FB and I didn't think I'd find myself posting here again. The covid19 situation is as good a reason as any for a temporary return, I guess.

DalThor and I are doing fine, the twins are almost 9 now and thriving (driving us mad). We seem to have maintained our sanity during the trying times of a two-month long lockdown, barely.

1 hour ago, mashiara said:

Wow! I feel the love! Going through this thread brings back SOOO many memories, guys! Those were good times! I haven't been active around here at all for a few years, I see some of you on FB and I didn't think I'd find myself posting here again. The covid19 situation is as good a reason as any for a temporary return, I guess.

DalThor and I are doing fine, the twins are almost 9 now and thriving (driving us mad). We seem to have maintained our sanity during the trying times of a two-month long lockdown, barely.

Aww Mashiara!  It's so wonderful to hear from you (even got a tiny tear in my eye!) - sending very big hugs!  I have such fond memories of visiting you and delighted to hear that you're all well and the twins thriving even in the lockdown! 

Hey Mash! Glad you, D, and the boys are doing well. :)

9 already. Our girls are 12 and 10, and thank god we split them week on week off. It's not that they're particularly trying for us but, it's definitely driving them a little crazy and they're fighting more often -like they used to- though no fist fights anymore at least [knocks on wood]

What's the situation in ye olde Hellas?  Are you remote teaching your students and helping the boys with the same right now?   

42 minutes ago, Sophelia said:

Aww Mashiara!  It's so wonderful to hear from you (even got a tiny tear in my eye!) - sending very big hugs!  I have such fond memories of visiting you and delighted to hear that you're all well and the twins thriving even in the lockdown! 

Soph!!! I have such fond memories of you too, I hope you are doing well!!

28 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Hey Mash! Glad you, D, and the boys are doing well. :)

9 already. Our girls are 12 and 10, and thank god we split them week on week off. It's not that they're particularly trying for us but, it's definitely driving them a little crazy and they're fighting more often -like they used to- though no fist fights anymore at least [knocks on wood]

What's the situation in ye olde Hellas?  Are you remote teaching your students and helping the boys with the same right now?   

All our children have become so old already! how is that even possible?
Greece seems to be faring very well in this current crisis, for a change. We took really strict measures very early on and it seems to have paid off, with very few fatalities, considering. It remains to be seen if that will change now that the lockdown is easing up.
I am... trying to remote teach my 1st graders. It is NOT going well at all, it is extremely frustrating and I'm ready for them to open up the schools and I'll take my chances with the virus just to escape this agony. :PThe boys are doing the little bit of homework their teacher sends, with my help, but they are mostly left to their own devices, and thankfully they don't spend every second in front of a monitor, but also read and play and create all sorts of crafts and adventures. I just ignore the mess for now. There has been an increased amount of fighting here too. They never used to fight but I don't know if it's just an age thing, or a being sick of being cooped up inside for two months thing.

Same as here then, pretty much.

I worry about how much the girls might actually be retaining from how little work they are subsequently assigned to reinforce new lessons. In the greater scheme of current events of that's not a big deal of course, but it could be counterproductive to next year when in-person school resumes here [if it does, hope it does]   

11 hours ago, Lightning Lord said:

Yikes. This thread is bringing back memories.

I would guess most of you don't remember me so well, but I think I count as Old Gods. I've never been a prolific poster, but I've been around for about the same as Scot. I am pretty sure it was junior year of high school on the EZ board. I remember opening this board and the original Thread that Never Ends.

Somewhere along the lines, I lost the go kart.

I mostly lurk. I think I was quite active like eight years ago. I got away for a few years, but I don't know where I would maintain my liberal brainwashing and hatred for various sports teams if I didn't check in here.

To quote a brilliant chef and a beautiful Bowie, fuck the Giants.

Long time no see! You should post again! How are you? Are you still in Korea?

20 hours ago, mashiara said:

Greece seems to be faring very well in this current crisis, for a change. We took really strict measures very early on and it seems to have paid off, with very few fatalities, considering. It remains to be seen if that will change now that the lockdown is easing up.
I am... trying to remote teach my 1st graders. It is NOT going well at all, it is extremely frustrating and I'm ready for them to open up the schools and I'll take my chances with the virus just to escape this agony. :P

Mash! Omg, long long time! I am glad you two (four) are doing well. I cannot imagine teaching first graders through distance learning - I cannot even imagine teaching them in person... My sincere admiration

FB - I am actually in Thailand these days, though only for a couple more months. Moving to Indonesia for the next school year. How are you doing? I see your posts in the US politics thread quite often and then I see Tywin yell at you...it's weird because he should be more chill if we want Canada to accept our homestate into your great nation.

On 5/4/2020 at 6:19 PM, Iskaral Pust said:

Adding to my list of remembered posters: Relic, Kalbear, (I know they’re both still around), Nas, Coco, Balefont, Mandy, Cuellar, Wert, Trebla, KAH, Davos, Brude, Caress, Niamh, MFC, Angalin and Zak all popped into my mind as I was trying to fall asleep last night.  Now I’m haunted by the board.  I see avatars and then I have to rack my brain to remember their names.

And who was the board couple based in Greece?  She was Greek and he moved there to be with her.  Was that Maltaran?  I think they were the second official board couple after YW and Maya. 

I miss Zak and all his crazy-ass drawings. :love:  He and Needle married, IIRC

2 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

Just had their 10th wedding anniversary!

2 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

Coincidentally, I saw on Facebook earlier today that it is their 10th Anniversary.

When I first joined I didn't have an avatar initially and Zak sent me one of his MS Paint drawings which I used as my avatar for a couple of years.

9 hours ago, Lightning Lord said:

Mash! Omg, long long time! I am glad you two (four) are doing well. I cannot imagine teaching first graders through distance learning - I cannot even imagine teaching them in person... My sincere admiration

FB - I am actually in Thailand these days, though only for a couple more months. Moving to Indonesia for the next school year. How are you doing? I see your posts in the US politics thread quite often and then I see Tywin yell at you...it's weird because he should be more chill if we want Canada to accept our homestate into your great nation.

Come back to the frozen north! Or, while you’re in Thailand, hook me up with some pearl scale goldfish farmers please. 

It's funny, I haven't even been around that long but so many posters that were prolific when I first got here have completely stopped posting in Gen Chat. Life happens, I suppose.

It's nice to see most of the football ( soccer) folk still around, though I miss having Alex around. Him & Mexal are still the only ones I've met off the board, but hopefully that changes in the next few years :)

22 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

BTW, Fury, how did it work out with the horse "we" rescued years ago?  Please tell me it's still alive and kicking.  

Sadly, I do believe the poor beast died shortly after we made our donations.

10 hours ago, Lightning Lord said:

Do pm me with an address when you think appropriate! Maybe when you get digs in Indonesia? But will you be able to leave, this virus looks like it’ll be around for a while.

Tywin likes his bird jokes, lol!

Archived