Do the old--and I do mean old--posters still post here?

MeanMrMustard

Fury - Gotta be honest: I do not know what that/those is/are. I will ask around as best I can. I have seen goldfish here, but nothing farmed or pearly. I actually thought of you awhile back as I was trying to picture a new tattoo idea I've kicked around. Fun fact: guy screwed up my first one, got the colors reversed. But come back to MN? My sister showed me all the anti-Costco stuff happening and it made me really happy not to be in the US these days. Imagine boycotting a store because they had the gall to ask you not to potentially spread a virus?

Bird - I am hoping I will be allowed in. There is some easing happening in Thailand, so maybe flights will open up by end of June. Otherwise, I honestly don't know what I will do. Stay here as a tourist and remote teach, I guess.

On 5/7/2020 at 3:10 PM, mashiara said:

Soph!!! I have such fond memories of you too, I hope you are doing well!!

:-) Thank you.  Yes, generally things are going well.  Mentat and I have been together almost 11 years now, though still in different countries, so the worst thing about this coronavirus situation is that we have been apart longer than at any other time and it's quite painful, especially not knowing when our respective countries will align to let us visit each other again.

In other news, and my workload has been a bit insane due to having to teach online and support students more, but I do have two wonderful rescue cats to keep me company.

10 hours ago, Lightning Lord said:

Fury - Gotta be honest: I do not know what that/those is/are. I will ask around as best I can. I have seen goldfish here, but nothing farmed or pearly. I actually thought of you awhile back as I was trying to picture a new tattoo idea I've kicked around. Fun fact: guy screwed up my first one, got the colors reversed. But come back to MN? My sister showed me all the anti-Costco stuff happening and it made me really happy not to be in the US these days. Imagine boycotting a store because they had the gall to ask you not to potentially spread a virus?

Bird - I am hoping I will be allowed in. There is some easing happening in Thailand, so maybe flights will open up by end of June. Otherwise, I honestly don't know what I will do. Stay here as a tourist and remote teach, I guess.

Pearlscales are spherical. Like a golfball or an orange with fins. The US doesn’t have the quality that Thailand, China, and Singapore do.

You are correct that America is pretty terrible right now. The worst in people is really being brought out. Someone shot four people working at a McDonalds because the dining room was closed. You couldn’t make this shit up if you tried

On 5/8/2020 at 1:50 PM, Lightning Lord said:

Mash! Omg, long long time! I am glad you two (four) are doing well. I cannot imagine teaching first graders through distance learning - I cannot even imagine teaching them in person... My sincere admiration

My favorite panda!! Glad you are doing well too!
Saying I'm actually teaching the poor things anything right now is a lie. It is extremely frustrating and I'm ready for it to be over, one way or another.

4 hours ago, Sophelia said:

:-) Thank you.  Yes, generally things are going well.  Mentat and I have been together almost 11 years now, though still in different countries, so the worst thing about this coronavirus situation is that we have been apart longer than at any other time and it's quite painful, especially not knowing when our respective countries will align to let us visit each other again.

In other news, and my workload has been a bit insane due to having to teach online and support students more, but I do have two wonderful rescue cats to keep me company.

I'm so happy you are still together with Mentat, you guys made such a sweet couple. I know first hand how awful it is to be in a different country than your partner and this situation with its uncertainty must be hell for you two. Hopefully you'll be able to travel safely in the not so distant future. *hugs*

Everyone trying to do online teaching in any form for the past two months has my love and support. May we never have to do this ever again. Yay for cats, though! We sadly lost our two eldest in the past two years but we still have the board-famous Muppet -the sex maniac who is very much devoted to his IKEA Mr Broccoli, even after all those years, and a new kitty we found in the streets a few months ago.

On 5/8/2020 at 5:50 AM, Lightning Lord said:

FB - I am actually in Thailand these days, though only for a couple more months. Moving to Indonesia for the next school year. How are you doing? I see your posts in the US politics thread quite often and then I see Tywin yell at you...it's weird because he should be more chill if we want Canada to accept our homestate into your great nation.

I have never yelled at @Fragile Bird.

I just threaten to steal liberate her water. 

And she started it! 

17 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Do pm me with an address when you think appropriate! Maybe when you get digs in Indonesia? But will you be able to leave, this virus looks like it’ll be around for a while.

Tywin likes his bird jokes, lol!

The ratio of BIRD! jokes to old fogey church lady jokes has to be decreasing.

3 hours ago, mashiara said:

Everyone trying to do online teaching in any form for the past two months has my love and support. May we never have to do this ever again. Yay for cats, though! We sadly lost our two eldest in the past two years but we still have the board-famous Muppet -the sex maniac who is very much devoted to his IKEA Mr Broccoli, even after all those years, and a new kitty we found in the streets a few months ago.

Muppet! It's so good to hear he's well!

On 5/9/2020 at 7:42 AM, mashiara said:

the sex maniac who is very much devoted to his IKEA Mr Broccoli, even after all those years

Oh I found a very small painting I did of Muppet molesting Mr. Broccoli!

It's funny. Even though I did join in the latter days of the EZ Board era, I don't really feel like an old poster. Maybe because all the time I've lurked a whole lot more than I've posted. This forum is so full of smart people that I rarely feel I have anything to contribute.

On 5/12/2020 at 8:14 AM, Eponine said:

Oh I found a very small painting I did of Muppet molesting Mr. Broccoli!

I think I remember you posting that painting in that thread! Good times, good times all around!
Muppet and Mr Broccoli have been together for almost 8 years now. It brings tears to my eyes. not many relationships make it that long...

19 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

But have they been lurking all along, or did a Board bat signal go out?

I drive by once every 3-4 months to see if there's something new and big in Lit. It's been hard to think of any book, any genre in the last few years that has gotten people really excited to all read and discuss together.

1 hour ago, Eponine said:

I drive by once every 3-4 months to see if there's something new and big in Lit. It's been hard to think of any book, any genre in the last few years that has gotten people really excited to all read and discuss together.

We have a pretty good ongoing discussion in the “what are you reading” threads, but only a few authors/series have active dedicated threads.  Abercrombie and Lawrence jump to mind, but we definitely get interesting new discussions that pop-up for a while, like Jemisin a couple of years ago.

Hope you’re doing well Ep.  The Exercise threads continue to rumble on with a lot of the same posters.  I think you used to post your marathon training.

1 hour ago, Iskaral Pust said:

We have a pretty good ongoing discussion in the “what are you reading” threads, but only a few authors/series have active dedicated threads.  Abercrombie and Lawrence jump to mind, but we definitely get interesting new discussions that pop-up for a while, like Jemisin a couple of years ago.

Hope you’re doing well Ep.  The Exercise threads continue to rumble on with a lot of the same posters.  I think you used to post your marathon training.

Yeah, a little hatred got a pretty decent amount of investment from a lot of people. Cant think of anything else that came close recently. 

Archived