Do the old--and I do mean old--posters still post here?

MeanMrMustard

This thread has been a pleasant trip down memory lane, but also I fucking refuse to believe Scot’s kid is 17, good grief, I must be ancient.

-the artist formerly known as DVD ROTS

Hey, I remember the drawing of Randyll Tarly's van!  I guess that must mean I'm officially an "old" boarder.   I also recall seeing a picture of Zak during NHAW frying up some eggs or whatnot and wondering about the wisdom of doing such in that state of undress.

I remember finding out how many posts I needed to get a custom title (I think I had 25 or so at the time), and then seeing some poster named "Ran" with a custom title and only +/-400 posts and I thought, "well who the fuck is this guy and how does he rate?"

16 minutes ago, The Mance said:

I remember finding out how many posts I needed to get a custom title (I think I had 25 or so at the time), and then seeing some poster named "Ran" with a custom title and only +/-400 posts and I thought, "well who the fuck is this guy and how does he rate?"

I thought I transfered over my old post count from EzBoard by that point, but maybe not!

I remember joining back in 2006, and my first real arguments being against some guy pushing a non-R+L=J theory alongside a poster called Ser Greguh . . . who hasn't posted here in more than seven years. Oh, I feel old. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 7:04 PM, JEORDHl said:

Hmn... I'm 3 years or so free, but Billy and willow are probably two of the most missed for me.

No way am I going back to the hellhole that was FB. 

You are breaking my heart, J.

On 7/14/2020 at 4:38 AM, BigFatCoward said:

if you joined when the books still came out at a reasonable rate.

Define "reasonable".

Also, I think this was explained in another thread, but I looked up the join date of my 1st account (got locked out of that one because we had one of those instances where we had to re-register, and I'd forgotten my email password for that account because I didn't use that email anymore) and it was March 22, 2007. So, where does that fall on the n00b/fl00b timescale? Also, does lurking count? Because I was lurking shortly before AFFC came out.

ETA: I know a lot of the old posters here don't know me from Adam, but since I lurked and read posts for so long, it's good to see so many of the old posters I enjoyed following coming back to the board.

On 4/29/2020 at 7:50 PM, Relic said:

Been here since 1999, when i was just a wee lad. NHAW for life. 

Are there any other "n00bs" who regret missing out on participating in NHAW, or is it just me?

When I started lurking, I almost exclusively hung out North of the Wall, and NHAW was in GenChat, iirc. When I finally scaled the Wall to make my way down to U.S. Politics, etc., I found NHAW, which I think had recently ended when I found it. I spent more time than I care to admit planning my (non) costume for the next time 'round, when sadly it was canceled because of NSFW concerns. I was heartbroken. :crying:

14 hours ago, Greg said:

You are breaking my heart, J.

GREG HOLY SHIT

edit: saying I missed Terra and willow the most from Facebook was more of a statement about how often they challenged my previous shallow thought processes on certain subjects. Of course I miss the Fam. Still yap with Relic occasionally, YW [through Sarah lol] though not you or Min or Corvid-- because I left too abruptly and didn't acquire other means of contact. Sent you a DM, brother.

Archived