Do the old--and I do mean old--posters still post here?

MeanMrMustard

On 4/27/2020 at 9:14 PM, Hereward said:

I started lurking in 2001, but I think I actually joined in January 2002, and went to my first meet up that April.

That helps me. That means I joined in Feb 2002 and my first meet up was with you iirc!

16 hours ago, Mya Stone said:

There’s far too many NOT OLD TIMERS posting in this thread for my liking. 

Its ok for you lot, you all fucked off when the TV lot arrived, we had to hold the fort.  Have you any idea how hard that has been? 

1 year on the board with the TV people is worth 10 years of NHAW, Ottoman shenanigans etc.

16 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Its ok for you lot, you all fucked off when the TV lot arrived, we had to hold the fort.  Have you any idea how hard that has been? 

1 year on the board with the TV people is worth 10 years of NHAW, Ottoman shenanigans etc.

Yeah, I feel like Kurtz in the jungle here. I've seen too much. "The horror! The horror!"

I miss trolling Mercenary Chef with tales of my culinary ineptitude.

Recently I attempted to make a shrimp/thai noodle/lime/cilantro thing and boy was it bad. :frown5:  I added fresh pea pods to it but clearly I don't know how to handle fresh pea pods.  Give me them steamer bags I'm fine.

I overcooked the noodles, made a mess of the pea pods.  The recipe called for an entire can of coconut milk but either that was too much or I didn't reduce it enough.  The sauce was so runny I threw in a couple packages of ramen to try and soak it up.  I fought the good fight with the peas, eating about half of them before picking the rest out and throwing them away.

I had great success with a Hawaiian Chicken Salad but it involved more soy sauce than my body could handle. 

I love to imagine his passionate outrage at my foibles.  Confidential to MC:  Yes, I am that inept.  There's nothing you can do about it. :love:

On 8/8/2020 at 6:18 AM, litechick said:

I miss trolling Mercenary Chef with tales of my culinary ineptitude.

Recently I attempted to make a shrimp/thai noodle/lime/cilantro thing and boy was it bad. :frown5:  I added fresh pea pods to it but clearly I don't know how to handle fresh pea pods.  Give me them steamer bags I'm fine.

I overcooked the noodles, made a mess of the pea pods.  The recipe called for an entire can of coconut milk but either that was too much or I didn't reduce it enough.  The sauce was so runny I threw in a couple packages of ramen to try and soak it up.  I fought the good fight with the peas, eating about half of them before picking the rest out and throwing them away.

I had great success with a Hawaiian Chicken Salad but it involved more soy sauce than my body could handle. 

I love to imagine his passionate outrage at my foibles.  Confidential to MC:  Yes, I am that inept.  There's nothing you can do about it. :love:

well, hello there.

Hey!!  You would have hated it.  A couple of years ago I bought a food processor and imagined that it would help me make pina coladas.

Instead I created a kind of pineapple slurry and added cream of coconut and rum.  It did not go well.

Good to see you. :)

Archived