US Politics: To Open or Not To Open, That's the Question

Tywin Manderly

2 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I was wondering if some of these fly-by posters taking shots at actual Democrats might be alts. 

They seem to pop up just when our resident agitators have no ground to stand on.

The "this site has some neat functions" comment made me think the same.

15 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I was wondering if some of these fly-by posters taking shots at actual Democrats might be alts. 

They seem to pop up just when our resident agitators have no ground to stand on.

Don't look at me.  My alts are loveable buffoons and they stay out of the politics threads.  I hardly let them out of Lit.

4 minutes ago, Stannis Cool-Ranchus said:

Tyrion raped the chick at Illyrio's and nobody who likes him ever wants to talk about it, I joined to point that out then remembered something contemporary it reminded me of.

Have a great evening!

That's quite a generous reading of your post, which anyone can access with a couple of clicks (another nifty feature of this site!):

Hello all. Long-time lurker, first time poster made an account just to address this issue I've seen people discuss a lot.

Tyrion did not rape Tysha. Even if we judge by modern standards, he was a child when that happened. His father basically raped both of them. If anybody did that today that's how he would charged.

That being said, if Tyrion did indeed bed the slave-girl at Illyrio's, then he is a rapist, no two ways about it. Though my reading of that chapter was that he may have just been trying to scare her.

Cheers!

But it's good to know you're so concerned about the welfare of... *checks notes* chicks.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Especially from this Fox News writer:

Only idiots and pro-Trump shitstirrers would try to make the case for Clinton as the VP nominee.

Well @Simon Steele you've officially tried to carry water for a right wing hatchet job. Welcome to the dirtbag left. I called you out before for questioning the integrity of fellow left wing posters. This latest shitpost leads me to believe you've sold your own integrity out, and you're just trying to divide the left. Fuck off with this bullshit.

All I'm saying is the speculation is out there, it's not just me. Certain posters that frequent this thread have long been hostile to me when I was only saying I supported Bernie. So, when I float the prospect that Biden picks Hillary, those posters flocked to say I'm an idiot and no one is talking about it. The Hill sucks, but it's deemed a moderate source of news. I don't care about Fox or any far right loons, I'm just pointing out there is a level of pettiness in how people respond to something that I thought was interesting. Dante--you're shifting the goal posts to say that I'm now in line with the dirt bag left. This argument was never about that.

I think you adding a right wing loon as though that is who I linked or agree with is pretty underhanded. I linked a legit, centrist paper that is considered to not carry much bias either with the left or right. 

And, I agreed with you when you said I was being a dick to a certain poster, and I apologized to them and admitted as much. Let's be a bit objective here. A few of you dislike me for my political views, and a level of vitriol has been directed my way. Fair enough, and I've certainly felt myself get more defensive over the last year, but ultimately, there is a level of pettiness with a handful of regulars no matter what I post. I'm sorry you're upset by my responses. 

I just happened to find that I'm not the only one theorizing the Hillary pick (centrist news like the Hill) a bit validating. I suppose there's a reason why the typical liberal leaning outlets haven't even explored this: it'd be a disaster and they don't want to validate it. But to say no one is thinking about it (including Biden) is so disingenuous.  

17 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Don't look at me.  My alts are loveable buffoons and they stay out of the politics threads.  I hardly let them out of Lit.

My last alt was called GigantaFace and Rand sniffed that one like a decade ago. I love the accusation of alts. Maybe it is an alt who is too afraid to side with me "in public?" 

4 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

All I'm saying is the speculation is out there, it's not just me. Certain posters that frequent this thread have long been hostile to me when I was only saying I supported Bernie. So, when I float the prospect that Biden picks Hillary, those posters flocked to say I'm an idiot and no one is talking about it. The Hill sucks, but it's deemed a moderate source of news. I don't care about Fox or any far right loons, I'm just pointing out there is a level of pettiness in how people respond to something that I thought was interesting. Dante--you're shifting the goal posts to say that I'm now in line with the dirt bag left. This argument was never about that.

I think you adding a right wing loon as though that is who I linked or agree with is pretty underhanded. I linked a legit, centrist paper that is considered to not carry much bias either with the left or right. 

And, I agreed with you when you said I was being a dick to a certain poster, and I apologized to them and admitted as much. Let's be a bit objective here. A few of you dislike me for my political views, and a level of vitriol has been directed my way. Fair enough, and I've certainly felt myself get more defensive over the last year, but ultimately, there is a level of pettiness with a handful of regulars no matter what I post. I'm sorry you're upset by my responses. 

I just happened to find that I'm not the only one theorizing the Hillary pick (centrist news like the Hill) a bit validating. I suppose there's a reason why the typical liberal leaning outlets haven't even explored this: it'd be a disaster and they don't want to validate it. But to say no one is thinking about it (including Biden) is so disingenuous.  

Nah, Nah, Nah, nah.

Nah, Nah, Nah, nah.

No, no, no.

This shit won't fly. 

You declared definitively that Biden is choosing HRC yesterday and that we will all be sorry for not seeing your truthiness. And today you linked a Fox News writing, Nazi Wifing, MAGA hat wearing hack as proof of your assertions. 

You don't get to pretend you were just talking it out or whatever. Who the fuck do you think you are? The President?

Archived