Favorite Part Of ASOIAF

The Wolves

Sorry if the topic has already been done. 

I want to know what is everyone’s favorite part of the series is. What do you like best about the series, it’s history, world build, the great houses, the characters, etc..?

I like it’s history mostly especially the houses. Houses Stark and Targaryen interest me the most. I especially like to read about many of the Stark rulers like Theon Stark, Jon Stark, Bran the Builder. I like reading about Valyria and love the air of mystery it has in the books after the Doom. 

I think the Riverlands have the most diverse and interesting houses. I love to read about the Blackwood and Bracken feud. I also think that the Manderlys and Peaks also have a really interesting feud. 

The North, Dorne, and Vale are my favorite  places because they have such interesting histories. I like reading about Casterly Rock and think the Lannisters have had some interesting people from their family. 

Im not a fan of the intrigues of Kings Landing(Except when the Targaryens are involved) I do like reading about the inter fighting in the great houses between the great families. 

What are some of y’alls favorite part of the series? 

Honestly I especially enjoy the parts that connect with our history, such as the Battle of the Blackwater (which for those who don't know is very similar with the Siege of Constantinopole in 717), Jon Snow's assassination, and so on and so forth. I really like history and it's nice, either when I do figure it out before hand, or when the pieces fall into place and I see all the nice references.

Archived