COVID-19 and your life

Fury Resurrected

If this is a sensitive point then I will bow out.

Though I would say first that the persecution of early Christians by the Roman Empire has often been exaggerated, not least by the RE teacher at my school years ago.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You must know it's more playful than not.

At least to anyone who can be fun at parties.

ETA: No @Weeks

I'm a lot of fun at parties.

1 minute ago, A wilding said:

If this is a sensitive point then I will bow out.

Though I would say first that the persecution of early Christians by the Roman Empire has often been exaggerated, not least by the RE teacher at my school years ago.

May a thousand nuns beat you with rulers in hell!

8 minutes ago, Week said:

I'm a lot of fun at parties.

So am I, if you like to chat about recent crazy court decisions, gruesome murders, and methods of Roman torture. Well, and how you would describe the wine we're drinking at the moment.

I do hope to be able to attend a dinner party some time again and talk about supple, mellow tannins, pleasing body and tastes of cherries, black currant, tobacco, chocolate etc etc.

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

So am I, if you like to chat about recent crazy court decisions, gruesome murders, and methods of Roman torture. Well, and how you would describe the wine we're drinking at the moment.

I do hope to be able to attend a dinner party some time again and talk about supple, mellow tannins, pleasing body and tastes of cherries, black currant, tobacco, chocolate etc etc.

Oh god no, you too!

Also, most people like to start with idiotic talk about pairing cheese, crackers and wine. Save the murder talk for dessert. That's how you get into the room to drink scotch and smoke cigars.

But I can't give the whole guide away. 

Be careful with proposing business ventures though. You need to wow these full, drunk, smoked up fools.

10 hours ago, Triskele said:

How the fuck did you get a cake?

:D Separate 3 eggs: whisk the whites with some sugar till peaks form; add the yolks and whisk a little more; add plain flour; put into tray bake tin and bake for 10 minutes. When cold, cut in half and sandwich the two halves with buttercream. Apply lemon icing. Try not to eat all at once.

3 hours ago, Zoë Sumra said:

:D Separate 3 eggs: whisk the whites with some sugar till peaks form; add the yolks and whisk a little more; add plain flour; put into tray bake tin and bake for 10 minutes. When cold, cut in half and sandwich the two halves with buttercream. Apply lemon icing. Try not to eat all at once.

Hah! Told you, Triskele!

3 hours ago, Zoë Sumra said:

How much flour?

2 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Incredibly, I actually beat my chest in moments of great frustration or great excitement.  

I thought you threw shit at people. 

That's what they say about your kind, at least.

33 minutes ago, Triskele said:

I'll have you know, sir, that the system won't let me like stuff.  I think they might finally be close to perma-banning me.  

Talk to Jace about her night of a thousand likes. @Ran wouldn't let her touch her fun button for a few days.

You monkey lot are just as uncontrollable. 

Whelp...looks like I'll survive to see another day at my job.  I was not amongst the managers purged today. Though two chefs who I liked working with a lot were let go, along with one of my assistants and a director, just not the one everyone wanted to go...that they decided to actually go through with hiring a new Resident District Manager for out account just as we were shut down due to Covid likely cost two of those four their jobs ultimately. Tomorrow's calls will be intersting.

13 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

How much flour?

50g flour and 75g caster or golden caster sugar. You also need a pinch of salt. This is such an easy bake that it may become my go-to base for swiss rolls etc.

Neighbors ...

Across-the-street-long time-friend-former-biz partner-still friend-neighbor left freshly baked cornbread by our door in the night (he has our keys to building and apartment too, for all the reasons one wants extra keys held by a trusted another). When dropping off the bread he picked up the pilaf waiting for him out of our dinner.

Across-the-hall-mentally-ill-neighbor called in need of ear plugs because a new fan system as installed in the building next to her side and she can't sleep and is in panic state.  I had ear plugs so was able to put some outside her door. Today I'll leave some chicken soup and rice (after I make it).

Just a couple of the multi-faceted aspects of life in isolation.

80+° and all the sidewalks are packed shoulder to shoulder, nobody wearing masks, drinking, since about 12:30 PM.  Spilling into the streets that have more traffic on them every single day.  It really does look like Bourbon Street out there.

Every restaurant and cafe are serving on the sidewalk.  Every one of them.

People are acting as if the City's wide open, which it is most certainly not, but nobody cares.

This will not end well.

What's everyone else doing about haircuts?  My hair has gone completely out of control, and so have I.  I've been wielding the scissors like a madman, snipping here and there indiscriminately.  

6 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

What's everyone else doing about haircuts?  My hair has gone completely out of control, and so have I.  I've been wielding the scissors like a madman, snipping here and there indiscriminately.  

I'm shaving my head this weekend, and my son's too. My wife has asked me to clip the hairs on the back of her neck as well.

Archived