COVID-19 and your life

Fury Resurrected

I have been tested once, and while I wouldn't say it hurt like hell, neither would I want to be tested again unless I suspect I have contracted the virus. 

Hoping for your sake and your family's, @Kalbear, that the test is negative. 

I've been keeping a journal the last two years. I've been writing in it almost daily since 3/19/20, which I believe was the first week of lockdown here. The first entry about the coronavirus conveniently landed on page 100, to which I've now written 62 pages since then.

2 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Got the test this morning.

The swab into your brain is NOT FUCKING AROUND. Oy. It's been two hours and my sinuses are still asking what the hell just happened. 

Supposedly 3-4 days, but could be as little as 24 hours. 

Thanks all for the thoughts. In the meantime I've been hiding in my office with a murphy bed away from the whole family. naturally our power went out for 10 hours when I started that, so that was extra fun. 

Didn't I hear that Trump is tested every day? I can imagine how he feels at the end of a week. Unless he lies about being tested.

2 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Got the test this morning.

The swab into your brain is NOT FUCKING AROUND. Oy. It's been two hours and my sinuses are still asking what the hell just happened. 

Supposedly 3-4 days, but could be as little as 24 hours. 

Thanks all for the thoughts. In the meantime I've been hiding in my office with a murphy bed away from the whole family. naturally our power went out for 10 hours when I started that, so that was extra fun. 

Fuck, the power outage on everything else. Sending positive thoughts, for whatever they're worth, your and your family's way.

6 minutes ago, maarsen said:

Didn't I hear that Trump is tested every day? I can imagine how he feels at the end of a week. Unless he lies about being tested.

I think that there's a less invasive version of the test (is this the Abbott test?)  That is the test that Trump gets every day; I believe I read that he only got the more unpleasant test once, and he didn't care for it. 

I hope those of you getting haircuts are tipping very generously. Most barbers and stylists are independent contractors and wouldn’t be able to collect UI staying home beyond state shutdowns even with the CARES act- so they do not have a choice on whether to go back and cut your hair if they don’t feel it is safe. And since there is no way to be six feet away from you and cut your hair- it’s not very safe with the masks available. Please be very mindful of the stress these workers are under when you go in and be as extra careful as you can to keep them safe.

Its looking like in my state, tattoo artists will be in the same boat June 1st. It definitely doesn’t feel safe to me and freaks me out, and I deal with only 1 or 2 clients a day, and usually not as close to the face as a stylist is. The worker is way more at risk than the client.

I'm currently debating about whether I should go back to the gym.  Ironically I've been sending emails to our gym manager bitching and moaning about when the gym was going to open up after the stay at home order was lifted, and when I finally got the go ahead that it was open, I've been too chicken to actually go use it.  

It's never terribly crowded, but it's also not terribly big, so I'm not exactly sure how they are going to do the social distancing thing.  In addition, it's one of those anytime fitness gyms so there is usually no one there to enforce any rules or capacity limits.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried to do any semi serious cardio while wearing a mask?  

30 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I think that there's a less invasive version of the test (is this the Abbott test?)  That is the test that Trump gets every day; I believe I read that he only got the more unpleasant test once, and he didn't care for it. 

That's part of the problem with all of this. What would be normally seen as rumors is now so believable. 

I doubt he actually gets tested. At least daily. 

This is fucking nuts. First Trump dismisses Pompeo scandal, saying that any he'd rather have Pompeo talking to world leaders than doing dishes or walking their dog, THEN Trump claims that he has been taking Hydroxychloroquine. 

We are all doomed.

41 minutes ago, Trebla said:

This is fucking nuts. First Trump dismisses Pompeo scandal, saying that any he'd rather have Pompeo talking to world leaders than doing dishes or walking their dog, THEN Trump claims that he has been taking Hydroxychloroquine. 

We are all doomed.

While Contagion is pretty accurate in a lot of respects, the most accurate part was the huckster blogger getting rich on an unproven treatment and faking garbage to get it. Except instead of it being a huckster blogger, it was the president. 

Archived