Rothfuss XVI: Books? What books?

Kyll.Ing.

The previous thread passed 20 pages, so I guess it's time to start a new one. I've had this title in mind for a while, so I decided to jump on it. I hope I wouldn't need mod approval to start a new thread, if so I apologize.

As for Rothfuss' writing progress, we've actually had some recent news: 

8 hours ago, Ninefingers said:

Looks like a "no" on whether the book is coming this year

LINK

The gist of the quote is: "If I had a publication date, I would have told you in a spectacular fashion, I wouldn't have to be asked on Twitch about it". 

So yeah, I'm going to re-use my opening paragraph from the previous thread: It seems like the progress on the Kingkiller Chronicles is still exactly where we left it at the end of the previous thread. And the one before. And the one before. And a few earlier iterations of the thread too. Anybody have any interesting thoughts they'd like to share? It's not like anything else seems to be happening at the moment.

What is it with the Cheerios? Are those empty boxes? Did he clean the boxes out? Is there ring dust at the bottom attracting cockroaches? Is it art? Is it hoarding? Is it some sort of drug dealing thing that he's taken to keep him busy when he can't hang with celebs, or sign contracts for TV or movie deals? Could he be designing a new game like Tak? Should we be sending boxes of breakfast cereal to third world countries for World Builders? Inquiring minds need to know.

7 hours ago, Ninefingers said:

Missed opportunity to title the thread:

”Use your f*cking head”

Could have been a cool idea, indeed. Not sure if it would still be relevant at the end of the thread, though, which would be around Easter next year if it grows at the same rate the previous one did. We might have forgotten the incident completely by then and left to wonder why a thread hangs around this subforum with a semi-offensive title. It could very well still be the most recent progress report, however, so... well, maybe next time? Or maybe this time, if the mods find your suggestion better? I'll leave it to them.

For the record, the runner-up thread title idea in my head was "I think he wrote some books once". I suppose that one's evergreen enough to be re-used a few thread iterations down the line, though.

The Cheerios thing is probably some joke with his Twitch fans, but I find it a bit ridiculous that he has his own novel on the bookshelf instead of, like, five authors he thinks are great or something. Yeah, Pat, we know you fucking wrote Name of the Wind.

6 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

I find it a bit ridiculous that he has his own novel on the bookshelf instead of, like, five authors he thinks are great or something.

I dunno, he doesn't look particularly organised. I don't think it is deliberate. Its not like there are that many books anyway, its like 10 Cheerios to 1 book. He probably has proper bookshelves not filled with Cheerios where he actually puts books.

As far as Pat's personality goes, its nothing new. Just read his foreword on Slow Regard. :lmao:

20 minutes ago, TheMightyKC said:

This series must be on par with A Song of Ice and Fire to generate so many threads of discussion.  Is it difficult reading?  ASoIaF was good but also quite difficult to follow because of the Many Characters.

Book 2 could probably assist you with your abstinence talks

48 minutes ago, TheMightyKC said:

This series must be on par with A Song of Ice and Fire to generate so many threads of discussion.  Is it difficult reading?  ASoIaF was good but also quite difficult to follow because of the Many Characters.

This is nothing compared to Goodkind and Bakker. You should check those out if that's your criteria.

19 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

This is nothing compared to Goodkind and Bakker. You should check those out if that's your criteria.

I love the name Goodkind.  It's the Kind (no pun intended) of name I'd give a character if I was ever Going to Write a Book!  Will read the threads to see if it's Up My Alley!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, TheMightyKC said:

I love the name Goodkind.  It's the Kind (no pun intended) of name I'd give a character if I was ever Going to Write a Book!  Will read the threads to see if it's Up My Alley!  Thank you!

The pages of Goodkind would be better served ‘up your alley’ rather than read.

Archived