Sign in to follow this  
Kyll.Ing.

Rothfuss XVI: Books? What books?

14 hours ago, Werthead said:

I get the impression that Rothfuss is very happy at being talkative when he is in charge of and has power in the situation (which is like 99% of the time) but not so much when he is not, and this is one of those times. I suspect there's some dialogue going on behind the scenes and maybe we'll get some kind of statement reaffirming all parties' mutual respect for one another in a few days.

I expected the "mutual respect" announcement too, but with each day that passes it feels like the probability of that decreases and the probability of the "I'm such a victim woe is me" announcement increases.

I removed several posts that were nothing but personal insults and histrionic grandstanding.

Also a word of warning: if you say something breath-takingly stupid that can be proven incorrect in nanoseconds without even trying, doubling down on your ignorance and ranting like a two-year old is not the way to proceed.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Ninefingers said:

I expected the "mutual respect" announcement too, but with each day that passes it feels like the probability of that decreases and the probability of the "I'm such a victim woe is me" announcement increases.

Even more likely is total silence from all parties. To the best of my knowledge, Rothfuss has never followed up on anything remotely controversial. Or, even, like, Worldbuilders stretch goals that fail to materialize. And Wolheim said what she said.

Edited by thistlepong
legibility: ball to all

12 minutes ago, thistlepong said:

Even more likely is total silence from all parties. To the best of my knowledge, Rothfuss has never followed up on anything remotely controversial. Or, even, like, Worldbuilders stretch goals that fail to materialize. And Wolheim said what she said.

Eh, he'll have to say something eventually. He can hide from this for as long as he wants, but the next time he wants money for worldbuilders or some other project and engages on Twitch (or some other platform) he'll be flooded with questions about it. 

1 hour ago, Ninefingers said:

Eh, he'll have to say something eventually. He can hide from this for as long as he wants, but the next time he wants money for worldbuilders or some other project and engages on Twitch (or some other platform) he'll be flooded with questions about it. 

No, he'll just rant about it. not answer any questions. and then keep playing whatever crappy reg game he helped develop on kickstarter for the 50k people who buy the game and the 20 people who watch him play it.

24 minutes ago, lysmonger said:

No, he'll just rant about it. not answer any questions. and then keep playing whatever crappy reg game he helped develop on kickstarter for the 50k people who buy the game and the 20 people who watch him play it.

Correct. And the subject of the rant will be: "I'm such a victim woe is me"