My theory for (f)Aegon VI

King Adrian Storm

Everyone knows Aegon is not going to be the hero of this story. He's going to be taken out at some point. This is my theory.

At some point in TWOW he will take the iron throne. This is pretty much guaranteed.  Later on Daenerys will make her way to kingslanding with her dragons. Euron will make his way north from Oldtown. I think Aegon will get himself in deep shit with Dany and Euron. At some point Euron will get a dragon from Dany with the dragon binder (probably Viserion). Dany will go north to fight the Others, and Euron will attack kingslanding. I think Aegon will try to take the dragon from him, and once it realizes he's not a Targaryen it will burn him, and Euron will take his throne. 

18 hours ago, King Adrian Storm said:

Everyone knows Aegon is not going to be the hero of this story. He's going to be taken out at some point. This is my theory.

At some point in TWOW he will take the iron throne. This is pretty much guaranteed.  Later on Daenerys will make her way to kingslanding with her dragons. Euron will make his way north from Oldtown. I think Aegon will get himself in deep shit with Dany and Euron. At some point Euron will get a dragon from Dany with the dragon binder (probably Viserion). Dany will go north to fight the Others, and Euron will attack kingslanding. I think Aegon will try to take the dragon from him, and once it realizes he's not a Targaryen it will burn him, and Euron will take his throne. 

OK, I'm not sure I can agree with the "everyone knows" and the "guaranteed" part of your assumption.  I think it's entirely possible that Aegon will survive to the end and there won't be an Iron Throne to sit on.  

I am - as many I suppose - under the impression that he is a fake because of mummers dragon/slayer of lies thing.

With that in mind, what I am more curious about - and I can't forsee how is going to go - is how Dany will learn the truth, when (timing is important) and whether that truth will be disclosed (publicly) or not.
Especially if he's going to sit on the throne, something that however, I don't take for granted. It might be, it might not be.

The crowd cheering at the mummers dragon may refer to his triumph along the streets of the capital city (and if so, he'll be king at least for a while) but it may also be about a crowd elsewhere, after a huge victory or a serie of victories, but still prior to the take of the Capital City and therefore of the throne, that - in the end- won't occour.

But like I said, I don't have a precise opinion about him seizing the throne (or not) and what I really want to know, is if Dany's  will make the truth public knowledge. That because I also believe in R+L = J and - assuming that's the case -  I think that the revelation about Jon's parentage cannot be addressed in the same way. Even if the outcome will be different (one will be Rhaegar's real son, the other not), it will feel redundant. Or even more redundant than it actually is.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Aegon is real and he sits in the throne but Dany believes him to be the mummers dragon and driven by the mad longs paranoia goes to war with him

Although I’m not sure if he sits on the throne in Oldtown or Kings Landing since I don’t see Cersei leaving Kings Landing until she is dead and doubt she’s going to die soon

On 5/1/2020 at 4:22 PM, lalt said:

I am - as many I suppose - under the impression that he is a fake because of mummers dragon/slayer of lies thing.

With that in mind, what I am more curious about - and I can't forsee how is going to go - is how Dany will learn the truth, when (timing is important) and whether that truth will be disclosed (publicly) or not.
Especially if he's going to sit on the throne, something that however, I don't take for granted. It might be, it might not be.

The crowd cheering at the mummers dragon may refer to his triumph along the streets of the capital city (and if so, he'll be king at least for a while) but it may also be about a crowd elsewhere, after a huge victory or a serie of victories, but still prior to the take of the Capital City and therefore of the throne, that - in the end- won't occour.

But like I said, I don't have a precise opinion about him seizing the throne (or not) and what I really want to know, is if Dany's  will make the truth public knowledge. That because I also believe in R+L = J and - assuming that's the case -  I think that the revelation about Jon's parentage cannot be addressed in the same way. Even if the outcome will be different (one will be Rhaegar's real son, the other not), it will feel redundant. Or even more redundant than it actually is.

Barristan could be the one to tell Dany. He knew the real Aegon when he was young, and if he can tell that there's a clear difference in appearance between the two she could find out that way. I doubt it will be a "public" thing. Dany will probably be the only one who knows, and no one else will believe her or really even care.

Just now, King Adrian Storm said:

Barristan could be the one to tell Dany. He knew the real Aegon when he was young, and if he can tell that there's a clear difference in appearance between the two she could find out that way. I doubt it will be a "public" thing. Dany will probably be the only one who knows, and no one else will believe her or really even care.

Daenerys is the most important character in the series and within A Song of Ice and Fire.  You can bet everybody will care what she says.  She is the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Azor Ahai, Queen of Meereen, and the heir to Westeros.  Her words carry a lot of influence.  She has the dragons.  Aegon has nothing to prove himself.  If she makes a public announcement that he's fake, well everybody will believe he's a fake. 

22 minutes ago, Big P said:

Daenerys is the most important character in the series and within A Song of Ice and Fire.  You can bet everybody will care what she says.  She is the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Azor Ahai, Queen of Meereen, and the heir to Westeros.  Her words carry a lot of influence.  She has the dragons.  Aegon has nothing to prove himself.  If she makes a public announcement that he's fake, well everybody will believe he's a fake. 

Yes, Daenerys is the mother of dragons, and all of the other titles you chose to include... to us. We've heard before, the people of Westeros don't care who sits the iron throne. They just want peace. When a foreign invader from Essos comes to Westeros with 3 dragons, the dothraki, and unsullied they aren't gong to worship her. They're going to fear her. It's doubtful she'll have many allies around kingslanding because nobody knows her. She has no friends in Westeros besides a couple of excommunicated knights and probably Tyrion.

In Aegon's case, the people of Westeros are living under a tyrant right now. Cersei is crazy. The people don't like her. When the silver haired prince Aegon VI comes in with Varys, Dorne, and the golden company they will see him as a hero. Dany's vision said the mummers dragon would be paraded through the streets by the people. They are obviously going to love him, and see Dany as the tyrant. That's the irony of the situation.

Westeros has been invaded many times before.  The first men fought the children of the forest and took their lands.  The Andals came and pushed the First Men further north into less desirable lands.  The Rhoynar came and carved out a place for themselves.  Westeros is a land of immigrants.  There is no reason why the Dothraki cannot carve a place for themselves.  Westeros will be severely depopulated.  The war that started between the Starks and the Lannisters, the White Walkers, grey scale, and winter will surely kill the majority of the people.  There will be enough space to accommodate the Dothraki who chose to follow their leader.  The newly liberated slaves can find their own place too.  The survivors in Westeros will be desperate.  The Starks and the other families have failed them in this hour of need.  Aegon or Faegon, whatever he is, does not have the resources.  That vision of the mummer's dragon does not only have one possible meaning.  It can easily mean fool's dragon, fake dragon, paper dragon (somebody set up to take a fall), puppet dragon (a pawn), and those propping him up are the fools.  

On 4/30/2020 at 10:53 AM, King Adrian Storm said:

I disagree that Aegon taking the Iron throne is  pretty much guaranteed. I actually think it is very unlikely he manages to take the Iron Throne. Why? Because  Of the prophecy that Cersei Will be cast down by a Queen. I think that this  Almost Disqualifies Aegon from ending up on the Iron Throne.  Unless another Queen Takes it first and then Aegon took it from that person.

I personally think Aegon will stay put until he gets the support of Dorne and then once they Become Allies  instead of Instantly marching on Kings landing , They will choose to march on The Reach Instead . It would make sense strategically as the  Targaryens have support there and it has a ton of crucial supplies for there enemies and there own armies , like food.  I think Danny Arrives in Westeros , where she defeats Aegon before he ever takes Kings landing

6 hours ago, House Of Wolves said:

I disagree that Aegon taking the Iron throne is  pretty much guaranteed. I actually think it is very unlikely he manages to take the Iron Throne. Why? Because  Of the prophecy that Cersei Will be cast down by a Queen. I think that this  Almost Disqualifies Aegon from ending up on the Iron Throne.  Unless another Queen Takes it first and then Aegon took it from that person.

I personally think Aegon will stay put until he gets the support of Dorne and then once they Become Allies  instead of Instantly marching on Kings landing , They will choose to march on The Reach Instead . It would make sense strategically as the  Targaryens have support there and it has a ton of crucial supplies for there enemies and there own armies , like food.  I think Danny Arrives in Westeros , where she defeats Aegon before he ever takes Kings landing

What is the point of Aegon's character in the story if he's not going to have any impact? Plus, the queen that casts Cersei down could be Arianne. They are very similar characters. And Margery seems like she could have already fulfilled the prophecy. Or Cersei could leave kingslanding, and return in the next book with Euron and the iron fleet, and return to power. This could open up the possibility for many other options. Daenerys, Sansa, etc. Aegon not taking the throne would completely ruin everything set up for Varys in ADWD. Cersei is powerless right now she has no supporters. There aren't many Lannister knights in KInglsanding at this point. 

Daenerys won't be doing anything in Westeros until Ados, the earliest she'll get to Westeros is the end of TWOW. DO you really think Aegon is going to sit around for the ENTIRE book, and do nothing. It's pretty clear that he's eager to take the throne, seeming as that he ditched the plan of meeting Daenerys, just so he could march on Westeros sooner without 3 dragons.

Grrm has said many people will sit the iron throne before the story is over.

1 hour ago, King Adrian Storm said:

What is the point of Aegon's character in the story if he's not going to have any impact?

He does not have to take King's Landing in order to have an impact.

Plus, the queen that casts Cersei down could be Arianne. They are very similar characters.

Arianne does not have a history with Cersei. It does not make sense for her to be Cersei's archenemy.

Or Cersei could leave kingslanding, and return in the next book with Euron and the iron fleet, and return to power.

Cersei would rather commit suicide and burn the city than fleeing, as she made it clear even in ACoK where she was relatively more sane.

Aegon not taking the throne would completely ruin everything set up for Varys in ADWD.

You mean the book which ended with Varys declaring his intent to restore Cersei?

Cersei is powerless right now she has no supporters. There aren't many Lannister knights in KInglsanding at this point. 

Cersei has the gold of the Casterly Rock. She has the gold cloaks.

Daenerys won't be doing anything in Westeros until Ados, the earliest she'll get to Westeros is the end of TWOW. DO you really think Aegon is going to sit around for the ENTIRE book, and do nothing. It's pretty clear that he's eager to take the throne, seeming as that he ditched the plan of meeting Daenerys, just so he could march on Westeros sooner without 3 dragons.

fAegon will conquer Westeros piece by piece, by trying to draw the Lannister/Tyrell armies to the field rather than trying to besiege them in fortified cities. Right now, fAegon does not have enough power to take King's Landing. He does not have a navy. He already has some losses. He does not have the treasury to cover the expenses of a large city like King's Landing and he already has lots of hungry knights and lots waiting for their prizes.

fAegon will have his glory moment in Oldtown when he arrives just in time to save the city from ironborn. Cersei will stay in King's Landing until she burns the city at the end.

Why does Aegon even exist? The only thing I can think of is to be in thorn in Dany's side by having a better claim to the throne and being a better ruler. If he fake and/or a bad ruler, then he's a pointless character and GRRM should never had introduced him. There are already many idiot contenders to the throne and I don't think the story is served by one more.

I think he’ll sit the iron throne and prove himself capable and loved which will combined with the mummers dragon prophesy make Daenerys go mad queen on the city. I think however that he’s the real deal and tragedy will be in Daenerys extinguishing the last hope for her house, while the mummers dragon will be Jon. 

1 hour ago, Mithras said:

He does not have to take King's Landing in order to have an impact.

Arianne does not have a history with Cersei. It does not make sense for her to be Cersei's archenemy.

Cersei would rather commit suicide and burn the city than fleeing, as she made it clear even in ACoK where she was relatively more sane.

You mean the book which ended with Varys declaring his intent to restore Cersei?

Cersei has the gold of the Casterly Rock. She has the gold cloaks.

fAegon will conquer Westeros piece by piece, by trying to draw the Lannister/Tyrell armies to the field rather than trying to besiege them in fortified cities. Right now, fAegon does not have enough power to take King's Landing. He does not have a navy. He already has some losses. He does not have the treasury to cover the expenses of a large city like King's Landing and he already has lots of hungry knights and lots waiting for their prizes.

fAegon will have his glory moment in Oldtown when he arrives just in time to save the city from ironborn. Cersei will stay in King's Landing until she burns the city at the end.

The point of Aegon's character imo, is to show he would be the perfect king, but since he's not the rightful heir, he will be killed. I didn't say Cersei and Arianne have history. I'm saying they are similar characters. Both of them are women who want to rule, but are controlled by their fathers to just be a wife of a powerful leader. Both are jealous that they aren't treated equally to their younger brothers. Both fall in love with men, they know they can't be with. She's a good foil to Cersei but I don't think she will be the more beautiful queen. I don't think the more beautiful queen prophecy will have a definitive answer. it will be open to interpretation. You could say it's margarey, arianne, Dany, whatever. Cersei may not want to leave, but she'll have no choice. Tommen is going to die as the prophecy states, and the mountain will take her to Casterly Rock. She isn't giving up, she's regrouping and gaining more power. She'll return with an army, and share part in taking Aegon down with Euron. Cersei isn't smart enough to stay in power she's a reckless idiot, and can't outsmart people like Varys or Littlefinger. Varys wants Cersei in power for the moment, BECAUSE she's so stupid. He knows she'll only make things worse for herself. It's ironic and perfect to have Daenerys spend so long trying to reclaim her throne, just to see that another "targaryen" has already done it. Aegon will have the power in the south, and faith of the people, which is why Dany will have to go north to gain trust, where she'll get involved with the Others. 

1 hour ago, Hrulj said:

I think he’ll sit the iron throne and prove himself capable and loved which will combined with the mummers dragon prophesy make Daenerys go mad queen on the city. I think however that he’s the real deal and tragedy will be in Daenerys extinguishing the last hope for her house, while the mummers dragon will be Jon. 

How could Jon be the mummers dragon? If he is Rhaegars son then he's the rightful heir. If he's not, then he's just a northern bastard. He wouldn't be a targaryen at all. It's heavily implied Aegon is the mummers dragon, the dark flame (blackfyre) quaithe says he is.

1 hour ago, dbergkvist said:

Why does Aegon even exist? The only thing I can think of is to be in thorn in Dany's side by having a better claim to the throne and being a better ruler. If he fake and/or a bad ruler, then he's a pointless character and GRRM should never had introduced him. There are already many idiot contenders to the throne and I don't think the story is served by one more.

All of these "idiot contenders" you say, will serve a purpose.

Varys will sit Aegon on the iron throne.

Doran will have his daughter become queen for a time.

Stannis won't become king, but he will be the one to get the north ready to fight the Others.

Littlefinger will create another "littlefinger", in Sansa, and she will take power in the Vale.

Euron will probably take the throne as well during the Other attack.

Martin has said a few more people will take the throne before the end of the story. Most likely, Aegon, Euron, and maybe Dany.

16 minutes ago, King Adrian Storm said:

How could Jon be the mummers dragon? If he is Rhaegars son then he's the rightful heir. If he's not, then he's just a northern bastard. He wouldn't be a targaryen at all. It's heavily implied Aegon is the mummers dragon, the dark flame (blackfyre) quaithe says he is.

A mummers dragon, ie dragon belonging to a mummer or actor, not that the dragon itself is a mummer or false. And what is Eddard Stark if not a mummer for all these years? She didn't say mummer dragon, but mummers, belonging to one. 

2 minutes ago, Hrulj said:

A mummers dragon, ie dragon belonging to a mummer or actor, not that the dragon itself is a mummer or false. And what is Eddard Stark if not a mummer for all these years? She didn't say mummer dragon, but mummers, belonging to one. 

Okay. Aegon has been raised by mummers his entire life then. People lying to him, and telling him he's the rightful heir when he's not. Varys or Illyrio could be seen as the mummer. Illyrio is most likely his father, and Varys is the one using him as a puppet. And what is Varys if not a mummer, if he's a blackfyre as well, pretending not to be one.

Another thing, Jon is already referred to in the HOTU, as the blue flower on the wall of ice. I doubt he's referred to again, as a mummers dragon in the same prophecy. And if Aegon is going to be a big deal in Dany's future, why wouldn't he be included in the HOTU.

Archived