US Politics: Help Me Vladimir!!! Xi Wants Me to Lose!!!

Tywin Manderly

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Not only that, but in some states it’s legal to protest while carrying guns but illegal to carry protest signs. Michigan is one of those states. You’ll notice nobody in the Michigan group that stormed the legislature had signs.

Hey, it's important that libertarians let everyone know they own guns, even if it has really nothing to do with the actual argument or anything else. And didn't you know the second amendment is way more important the the first amendment or any other amendment in the bill of rights. For instance, if some kook down in Arizona wants to violate people's fourth amendment rights, no problem. At least their second amendment rights didn't get violated.

Anyway, a lot of those gun owners are fucking mentally deranged. They are just obsessed with guns. Don't know exactly what their problem is, but they are definitely a few cans short of a six pack.

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That’s an overstatement.  I suspect the ability to bring firearms into legislative assembly buildings is a hold over from the 19th century that “2nd Amendment” activists have fought to keep static.  

I agree it is crazy now.  

That said if these armed crazies actually threatened someone while they were there (more than merely possessing the weapon) they would be facinf charges.

The laws allowing these crazies to have firearms in that locale desperately need changing.

What do you think such "protesters" are going to do if/when Trump loses?

3 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That’s an overstatement.  I suspect the ability to bring firearms into legislative assembly buildings is a hold over from the 19th century that “2nd Amendment” activists have fought to keep static.  

I agree it is crazy now.  

That said if these armed crazies actually threatened someone while they were there (more than merely possessing the weapon) they would be facinf charges.

The laws allowing these crazies to have firearms in that locale desperately need changing.

My brain is a piece of shit today. Obviously this is a typo (I'm not criticizing Scot!), But I sat here trying to read "facinf charges" for way too long trying to figure out what this strange legal term meant.

6 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

My brain is a piece of shit today. Obviously this is a typo (I'm not criticizing Scot!), But I sat here trying to read "facinf charges" for way too long trying to figure out what this strange legal term meant.

I’ve corrected.  My apologies.  :)

20 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’ve corrected.  My apologies.  :)

Lol, no need for apologies. I do this kind of thing WAAAAY more than I should. I remember in a research and statistical methods course last summer, the girl next to me had a planner on her desk. It said: Two Thousand Nineteen, but it was written like this:

T        N
W      I

O       N

T       E (you get the picture)

H

O

U

S

A

N

D

But something was obscuring the vertical "nineteen" and for a good thirty minutes I was like, "To thou sand?" Is that like a biblical verse or something? "To Thou Sand...Ye Shall Go...If God is Defied." 

True story.

15 minutes ago, Triskele said:

COVFEFE

I'm so happy I first saw that being mocked in a newspaper, who knows how much of my day I would have wasted had I read it on Twitter with no context.

Also, @DanteGabriel

I saw this story on the Hill this morning about an Obama/Hillary ticket being possible (I didn't actually read past the headline and byline). I laughed. Then I googled the author, and the first two stories of his were something about the Covid19 panic being stupid, and Trump being the smartest President we've ever had. So...yeah.

Not sure if I'm to laugh or cry about those gunmen, but I did enjoy this takedown. Note, I'm not really interested in guns, and my 12 months in the military (mandatory at the time) was spent as a first aid soldier. Still, seemed to me this guy knows what he's talking about.

On a seperate note.

Am I teh only one, who gets freaked out over the size of Mike Pence's head?

I mean, when I saw him on TV I realized how tiny his head is in relation to his body. Ok, there really isn't that much in there, other than corporate Jesus, and he doesn't need that much space afterall. But really, this is Jared levels of creepy.

59 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Not sure if I'm to laugh or cry about those gunmen, but I did enjoy this takedown. Note, I'm not really interested in guns, and my 12 months in the military (mandatory at the time) was spent as a first aid soldier. Still, seemed to me this guy knows what he's talking about.

Fury Sr wouldn’t be having it if I (or anyone near him) had a finger directed anywhere near a trigger like that until ready to discharge. I learned that shit at like 8years old. Where are these dipshits’ fathers to be “not angry, disappointed”

So, the plan I guess is to just declare mission accomplished on the health crisis.

Over nearly two days, Trump is expected to meet with his chief of staff Mark Meadows and other top advisers like Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow and press secretary Kayleigh McEnany to plan for his televised coronavirus town hall at the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday night and weigh various tax policy and regulatory proposals to boost the economy, according to interviews with half a dozen senior administration officials and Republicans close to the White House. It’s all part of the White House’s broader strategy of shifting its coronavirus message to an economic one — a move the president’s political advisers believe plays more to his strengths as a former real estate developer.

“States that wait until June to reopen are wiping out all of the economic gains they would have made in 2020,” said Stephen Moore, an informal economic adviser to the Trump administration dating back to the 2016 campaign. “If I were the president, I would be talking a lot more about that — that these states are doing severe damage to societies and citizens if they keep businesses without revenue and people without paychecks for another month.”

Trump plots economic pivot at Camp David
The president is expected to meet with aides to plan for a televised town hall and weigh tax policy and regulatory proposals to boost the economy.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/02/trump-camp-david-economic-pivot-230001

1 hour ago, Rorshach said:

Hope they all realize they look like a bunch of dorks.

Archived