Something fishy with Davos?

Your Mummer

My apologies if you've heard this one before -

During the Battle of Blackwater, Davos swims beneath the chain and the wildfire to escape where “Something touched his leg…”,  but he blacks out and wakes up on a rocky outcrop in the middle of Blackwater Bay (unusual) called the Spears of the Merling King. This is similar to Patchface in Shipbreaker Bay. Patchface has been linked to the merpeople/squishers/Deep Ones by other theorists. 

Last time we saw big D, he was tasked by House Manderley with retrieving Rickon from Skagos. Manderley’s sigil is a merman and one of the houses on Skagos is located at Deepdown. Is he about to make contact with the merpeople/squishers/Deep Ones?  

"something touched his leg" meant he was in shallow water and would thus explain how he washed to safety.  No ground beneath meant deep water which would have led to his drowning.  He was lucky to bump onto the rock.

We won't know what happens to Davos on his way to the Skagos Islands until it does.  The deep ones is just a theory to explain what the people don't have an explanation for.  We don't know what happened to Patchface.  Oxygen deprivation on its own can cause sufficient damage to the mind.  It doesn't have to involve the deep ones.  

7 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:

We won't know what happens to Davos on his way to the Skagos Islands until it does.  The deep ones is just a theory to explain what the people don't have an explanation for.  We don't know what happened to Patchface.  Oxygen deprivation on its own can cause sufficient damage to the mind.  It doesn't have to involve the deep ones.  

But it is enough to give people prophetic abilities? I think not.

On 5/1/2020 at 5:48 AM, Your Mummer said:

My apologies if you've heard this one before -

During the Battle of Blackwater, Davos swims beneath the chain and the wildfire to escape where “Something touched his leg…”,  but he blacks out and wakes up on a rocky outcrop in the middle of Blackwater Bay (unusual) called the Spears of the Merling King. This is similar to Patchface in Shipbreaker Bay. Patchface has been linked to the merpeople/squishers/Deep Ones by other theorists. 

Last time we saw big D, he was tasked by House Manderley with retrieving Rickon from Skagos. Manderley’s sigil is a merman and one of the houses on Skagos is located at Deepdown. Is he about to make contact with the merpeople/squishers/Deep Ones?  

You might be on something... maybe. 

I'd add that when Davos met Godric Borrel he noted that he (or was his sister) had a webbing between their fingers.

What however give me chills is this:

"The bones help," said Melisandre. "The bones remember. The strongest glamors are built of such things. A dead man's boots, a hank of hair, a bag of fingerbones. With whispered words and prayer, a man's shadow can be drawn forth from such and draped about another like a cloak. The wearer's essence does not change, only his seeming." Melisandre, ADWD

Did Mel get a hold on Davos fingerbones? How? Does she plan to use them?

1 hour ago, rotting sea cow said:

You might be on something... maybe. 

I'd add that when Davos met Godric Borrel he noted that he (or was his sister) had a webbing between their fingers.

What however give me chills is this:

"The bones help," said Melisandre. "The bones remember. The strongest glamors are built of such things. A dead man's boots, a hank of hair, a bag of fingerbones. With whispered words and prayer, a man's shadow can be drawn forth from such and draped about another like a cloak. The wearer's essence does not change, only his seeming." Melisandre, ADWD

Did Mel get a hold on Davos fingerbones? How? Does she plan to use them?

I think Mel will glamour someone using those bones. Stannis will think it is Davos urging him to burn his daughter. That's just how I think Stannis will end up giving Shireen to the flames. Although I must admit I'm not sure how she got them unless another survivor found them?

On 5/1/2020 at 5:48 AM, Your Mummer said:

Something touched his leg…”

If ships were crashing and burning in a strong current, shouldn't there be a lot of debris going downstream? Plus its a good micro-spook. Also GRRM likes to throw in some flirts with Lovecraft here and there. I don't think he'd let it go further than just that though; ASOIAF isn't an homage to Lovecraft and I don't think GRRM would let his life work get turned into something like that at this point either.

Archived