Do we need an optimistic space adventure that is of high quality and well written?

NickGOT456

We are entering a golden age of space TV but sadly very few of the new space shows are of high quality. The Orville's costumes and CGI look cheap and tacky. Vagrant Queen looks generic. I find Star Trek's Klingons and new aliens boring. There is Lost in Space but I would prefer a galaxy or universe spanning adventure with space battles.

The Expanse is light years ahead of all those but I miss the optimism and sense of wonder of space adventure.

Should we have a space opera that is set in an far future universe like Mass Effect or Iain M. Banks Culture that is not cheap and generic?

Do we need socks made of cheese?

Do octopuses need cheese graters?

What if the moon was taupe-coloured?

What if the OP actually got involved in the discussion in yet one another of these threads they start instead of vanishing as soon as it was asked?

Questions, alas, that I suspect will never be conclusively answered.

4 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

ITS NOT ABOUT WOMEN ITS ABOUT ETHICS IN GAME JOURNALISM

In Mass Effect you can punch a lady journalist in the face for being an uppity bitch.

I think this is the reason that people lament the loss of Firefly as much as they do.... had it run it's course, it might have been what you're describing.... Vagrant Queen is unwatchably bad ... the Orville is fun, but derivative... Killjoys has ended... and while the Expanse is my favorite sci fi show ever, I get the wont for a true space opera

4 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Time for another of these posts already? My my how time flies when you’re in lockdown!

How long has it been since I did a crazy drunk thread start?

I think think the "Haircuts" one was the last one. And that was a while ago.

Edit: The "Cats" thread don't count. That thread is necessary.

On 5/1/2020 at 8:47 PM, Darth Richard II said:

Pfft yeah like Mass Effect wasn’t generic.

Mass Effect was a reheated Babylon 5 with some BSG 2.0 mixed in and left to cook in a Farscape-branded oven for a few hours. The cook was Jar-Jar.

Archived