Football: The Closed Season

mormont

So what? Everton will find a way to lose it, Pickford to the rescue if anything else fails.

Meanwhile, 94:40 bestest second in a football game ever.

Yes, I said bestest, because best would be insufficient to describe the majesty. :)

Lovren is dreadful, we really need to get rid of him.

We've kind of carried on as we left off - team sits back against us and we create nothing, team gains confidence and ends up battering us for the last ten minutes. Such a shame after the amazing season we've had that we're probably going to limp over the line.

It looks really difficult for footballers to suddenly pick back up without a pre-season:  Rusty, lacking match sharpness and unfortunately injury prone because of it.  Without Robertson or Salah, both of our wide attacking combinations were disrupted from the start, and then Milner and Matip added more injuries.  Keita looks confident at least.

I wasn’t expecting miracles but I was hoping we’d be a bit better than that.  Especially after City made it look easy against Arsenal, albeit Arsenal made it easy.

46 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Unlucky Everton. I'm not sure if Liverpool are making a genuine effort to collapse against all odds or just want to hope that City will lose tomorrow so they can win the league against Palace and pretend that'll wipe out #Crystanbul.

oh don't you worry about us , just make sure u can scrap by to 5th place, just in time for the City ban to get overruled.

That would be comedy gold. :)

I was playing Ultimate Frisbee last night. Yes, I loathe derby matches that much. Seems we were well organized, which is good, and could have won, which would have been better. But I can't complain, can I?

Anysways, I don't think Burnley's going to beat City now. I can't see them scoring six in the last 25 minutes. Call me crazy.

The important news today is of course that Nice has taken Morgan Schneiderlin on. So he will not hang around on our bench any longer. 

Best of luck to him - and Nice - and I hope, for their sake, that he performs differently there.

Archived