Westoros (and Planetos) apocalypse

From TWOW,

Spoiler

“The bleeding star bespoke the end. These are the last days, when the world shall be broken and remade"

Euron speaking to Aeron whilst the later is intoxicated

This is very similar to some Aragorn quotes. E.g

"Behold the Sun setting in a great fire! It is a sign of the end and fall of many things, and a change in the tides of the world"

Yes, Planetos and in particular Westeros are heading to an apocalyptic event. The world that will emerge will be completely different, but not like Euron wishes or images. The most obvious catastrophic event is the a very harsh Winter and subsequent Other invasion, but many have guessed that it might not affect the whole Westeros continent, let alone the rest of Planetos. Let's discuss what is happening and some ideas of what might happen. You can also add yours.

Westeros

From North to South

1.  Beyond the Wall: The Free Folk is already experiencing their holocaust. They have been the main target by the Others so far. Their attempt to escape from them has been thwarted by Stannis. They have little hope to escape. A fraction have been able to find refuge south of the Wall and as long as it stands strong they are reasonably safe, but it won't be for too long. Nevertheless, it is unlikely that many will survive and their culture will be changed forever. 
  2.  The North  will be clearly the most region affected by the Winter and they will shoulder most of the burden of the fight against the Others. They have been already weakened by the wars, including internal infighting. So, clearly they will suffer the most. However, there might be some time to make some emergency preparations
  3. The Riverlands have been devastated already by TWO5K and the forthcoming Winter doesn't bring better perspective. There is considerable setup that the fighting will continue so little preparation will be possible. It is certainly possible that the Others invasion reaches the Riverlands (e.g. Dany's dream)
  4. The Iron Islands: I think their catastrophe has a name: Euron. He has taken a very large contingent of ironmen for his war. I don't think that many will come back. Besides that I don't know what else may befall upon them.
  5. The Westerlands: They haven't suffered too much with the wars. They have certainly lost a good number of its fighting forces in TWO5K and they have also been sacked by the northmen. Otherwise they are pretty intact. I don't have much idea what ill they will suffer in the next books but probably is related to some Tyrion's actions. Casterly Rock will imho destroyed become some sort of mytical Dorado. Any other idea here?
  6. The Vale: I don't have much idea what might happen here. I imagine if the knights of the Vale go north with Sansa to never come back, the mountain clans might use this opportunity to invade the Vale. Tyrion might also give them a hand. 
  7. The Crowlands: Whilst they have seen some fighting and suffering they are not devastated. I tend to think their suffering will increase in the next books, specially with the fight between Aegon and Dany.  If the Jade's apocalypse proves its worth, King Landing will go k-boom. I don't have any idea what might happen to Dragonstone though.
  8. The Stormlands: They have seen some fighting and pillaging even now as the Golden Company is landing but nothing catastrophic and I don't see it happening. The only thing that comes to my mind is that JonCon might start a greyscale epidemic there.
  9. The Reach: They are currently being ravaged by Euron's forces. I tend to think that the Hightower and the Citadel will disappear, maybe whole Oldtown, to some Euron's magic. If Euron gets a dragon, it might further devastate them.  They also might suffer under Dany's invasion.
  10. Dorne: They have avoided most of the fighting so far. They will likelt get involved in Aegon's side and pay the price. It is possible that it is the region that will suffer the most with Dany's invasion. 

Essos

In no particular order

1.  Slaver Bay is currently experiencing its apocalypse. Astapor is no more, Yunkai will burn and Meereen will be reduced to a shadow of its former glory. That is the cost of abolishing slavery. Harder to say what will happen to their immediate surrounding, New Ghis, Mantarys, etc. but I won't be surprised if they follow the same pattern.
  2. Qarth: I'm one of the few who think that Dany will go/need to go to Qarth, for a whole bunch of reasons. Together with the Dothraki they will sack and burn "the greatest city that ever was or ever will be"
  3. Asshai: I think it will be swallowed by the Shadow to never be heard again. But we won't see that of course.
  4. Yi Ti: There is currently grey plague going on there. Hopefully we hear some rumors of more things.
  5. The Dothraki Sea:  Something is amiss there, I believe. Nevertheless their catastrophe will be Dany taking them to war to the other side of the Narrow Sea, where none will come back.  The Dotharki population will be severely diminished.
  6. Volantis is set to be burned and liberated. The Old Blood will perish most likely and a new class of merchants will take their place. 
  7. The Three Sisters (Myr, Tyrosh and Lys)  will probably share a similar fate although a cannot imagine specifics. They might also get involved in some Westerosi events, may enter in war against Braavos, etc.
  8. Pentos will be handed to a dictator currently known as the Prince of Tatters, but possibly it will avoid a major catastrophe.
  9. Braavos: Truly, I cannot imagine what disaster may befall upon Braavos. It also needs one, or not? I tend to think that the Titan of Braavos will not survive.
  10. Qohor and Norvos will likely fall to the Dothraki hordes.

Other places to think about: Naath, Summer Isles, Ibben, Lorath.

Ideas are welcomed!

For the Summer Isles, maybe Jalabhar Xho will return and start a civil war to get his kimgdom back. Or Euron might attack it just because.

I think the Thousand Islands will get submerged in flooding, and the same might happen to Lorath or Ib on a lesser scale since they are larger.

For Braavos, maybe the Iron Bank will collapse (some people think this is what Illyrio has been working towards). Maybe Pentos will go to war with them

I think that a mini-Doom will come for Mantarys, Oros, Tyria etc, or that Dany’s forces will destroy them.

Not sure about Naath or Sothoryos.

Tyrosh and Lys are going to go to war against each other, and both want Myr on their side. We hear Myr may have sided with Tyrosh but the Golden Company breaks contract with Myr to fight for Aegon VI. So we may see Tyrosh and Myr vs Lys. I think Salladhor Saan will side with his homeland of Lys to make it a fair fight.

1 hour ago, McGuv19 said:

For the Summer Isles, maybe Jalabhar Xho will return and start a civil war to get his kimgdom back. Or Euron might attack it just because.

I got an idea.

"If the sailors could be believed, the east was seething with wonders and terrors: a slave revolt in Astapor, dragons in Qarth, grey plague in Yi Ti. A new corsair king had risen in the Basilisk Isles and raided Tall Trees Town, and in Qohor followers of the red priests had rioted and tried to burn down the Black Goat. "And the Golden Company broke its contract with Myr, just as the Myrmen were about to go to war with Lys."  - The Queenmaker, AFFC

The Corsair King might be Euron (or not), but it is possible that the Summer Islanders, who have the best ships in Planetos, will enter in war against the Basilisk islanders after this raid.

For Braavos, maybe the Iron Bank will collapse (some people think this is what Illyrio has been working towards). Maybe Pentos will go to war with them

It is possible that the Iron Bank will collapse, but this is not an apocalyptic event.

Tyrosh and Lys are going to go to war against each other, and both want Myr on their side. We hear Myr may have sided with Tyrosh but the Golden Company breaks contract with Myr to fight for Aegon VI. So we may see Tyrosh and Myr vs Lys. I think Salladhor Saan will side with his homeland of Lys to make it a fair fight.

Lyseni slavers are going to catch wildings to bring them back as slaves. The Braavosi know that. Maybe Braavos will enter in war against the Three Sisters?

Archived