Who is the valonquar that will kill Cersei

And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

- maggy the frog

I know that I have been posting a lot about Cersei's prophecies but they're so interesting! 

After Cersei hears about this 'valonqar' she finds out that it means ' little brother' …..so.... who is it?  It could be either Jaime or Tyrion since they are both younger than her. Please give me your theories! no matter how strange cause I'm a sucker for those!

16 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

My money is on Tommen, after he has been wighted of course. Wrapping his hands around her pale white throat the way wights tend to kill people.

Agreed. The prophecy basically says "You'll have three kids. They'll rule, and then they'll die. And then the younger brother will strangle you."

Pretty clear-cut. It's just that Maegy wanted to manipulate Cersei, so she used a foreign word in order make her forget whose younger brother it is.

According to GRRM's 1993 letter to his editor, Cat was originally supposed to flee King's Landing with Arya and end up north of the wall, where she would be killed by the Others. Maybe he decided to move this plot line to Cersei? She has good reason to want to flee King's Landing, but OTOH, it seems out of character for her to go to the North.

There's a lot of possibilities about who it could be, considering a lot of people hate her. Tyrion and Jaime are younger brothers, there's also Loras and Garlan Tyrell (probably the former), Sandor Clegane. I wouldn't put it past Trystane Martell considering she's trying to kill him. And that's not going into the gender-neutrality possibilities of Valyrian...

42 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

It will have to be someone strong enough to overcome Cersei.  We know the lioness is fierce and not likely to surrender.  Tyrion has a history of strangling women.  It's Tyrion.

The wights are very strong too.

A good literary mystery should be uniquely solvable with the given clues. If you stretch the limits of the criteria to claim that any person (regardless of gender) who came out of a vagina after another person can be the valonqar, then you end up with pretty much half the cast as candidates. This is worthless. 

The solution is very simple. Cersei thinks that it is Tyrion but it will be Jaime.

Bran could be a good option. Technically he is Cersei's "younger brother" through marriage (Sansa & Tyrion) and secondly we have never seen Bran process what Jaime and Cersei did to him. That memory was suppressed by Bloodraven. At some point he has to face those memories and the emotions that come with it. Once he does he might be capable of killing Cersei.

2 hours ago, Elegant Woes said:

Bran could be a good option. Technically he is Cersei's "younger brother" through marriage (Sansa & Tyrion) and secondly we have never seen Bran process what Jaime and Cersei did to him. That memory was suppressed by Bloodraven. At some point he has to face those memories and the emotions that come with it. Once he does he might be capable of killing Cersei.

That's if he can not make like a tree and get out of there.

9 hours ago, Mithras said:

A good literary mystery should be uniquely solvable with the given clues. If you stretch the limits of the criteria to claim that any person (regardless of gender) who came out of a vagina after another person can be the valonqar, then you end up with pretty much half the cast as candidates. This is worthless. 

The solution is very simple. Cersei thinks that it is Tyrion but it will be Jaime.

But if it's her own younger brother instead of the younger brother among her children, then that would mean that Maggy lied, which goes against your argument that it should be uniquely solvable with the given clues.

On 5/6/2020 at 12:11 PM, John Suburbs said:

My money is on Tommen, after he has been wighted of course. Wrapping his hands around her pale white throat the way wights tend to kill people.

Oh Hell!  I like that.  Maggy gives Cersei just enough true prophecy (she will be Queen, 3 kids, Robert's bastards) to make the rest of it real in her mind.  Only she gets it wrong.  LOL!  I put this one right next to my guess that Robert Strong is sporting Robert Baratheon's head on Clegange's body.  I'm telling you when shit happens....   Subverting Cersei's expectations always cracks me up. 

Archived