What's the most sadistic house?

Alyn Oakenfist

Just now, Only 89 selfies today said:

The houses most devoted to the Old Gods.

Not sure about that. I think the Ullers seem far more sadistic then any Northern house besides the Boltons.

1 minute ago, Only 89 selfies today said:

The Wildlings take the cake though.  Harma Dogshead and the Weeper. 

I was thinking more houses. If you want people look no further then the Dothraki who have not one but two near total genocides under their belt. Also a civilization that exist on bloodshed and warfare. The Wildlings might have those as semi regular thing too, but not as constants. Also they don't have slavery.

sadism:

the tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others.

"beneath the apparent loving concern she had glimpsed spite and sadism"

synonyms:

schadenfreude · callousness · barbarity · bestiality · perversion · viciousness · brutality · cruelty · savagery · fiendishness · cold-bloodedness · inhumanity · ruthlessness · heartlessness · mercilessness · pitilessness

I don't know about houses; but as far as individuals fitting the definition of sadistic:

Euron, Ramsey, Cersei, Victarion, Qyburn

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Why is Victarion sadistic

callousness · barbarity · bestiality · perversion · viciousness · brutality · cruelty · savagery · fiendishness · cold-bloodedness · inhumanity · ruthlessness · heartlessness · mercilessness · pitilessness

Think of his behavior towards the Dusky Woman and his sacrifice of the children he captures to name two.  

Would definitely say the Boltons. They have been flaying people for thousands of years, and that's without mentioning their actions within the main story itself.

The Ullers have a ... not-so-nice origin story, but their alleged torture victim was someone who was burning all the castles bar Sunspear down to slag heaps. Plus, Ellaria is a pretty nice lady.

3 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

?

bestial:

savagely cruel and depraved.

"bestial and barbaric acts"

synonyms:

savage · brutish · brutal · barbarous · barbaric · cruel · vicious · violent · inhuman · subhuman · depraved · degenerate · unnatural · perverted ·

From events of the main story, the Boltons win hands down thanks to Ramsay. I also think they are the most sadistic historically speaking as well.

King Royce Bolton, Second of His Name, is said to have taken and burned Winterfell itself; his namesake and descendant Royce IV (remembered by history as Royce Redarm, for his habit of plunging his arm into the bellies of captive foes to pull out their entrails with his bare hand) did the same three centuries later. Other Red Kings were reputed to wear cloaks made from the skins of Stark princes they had captured and flayed.
-
TWOIAF, The North.

I do think the Wyls and maybe Ullers are meant to be seen as the Boltons of the south. However, World is written by a maester serving the Iron Throne and is biases in some ways, so the author may have sought to condemn the Wyls and Ullers who fought for Dornish independence.

Cercei's got Qyburn in the basement stapling heads on Mountains and cutting up bards and her only reaction to what's going on down there seems to amount to either 'good' or 'how droll'. She's sending people out to bring her dwarves' heads and she would rather they err on the side of bringing in a head than making sure it's the right one.

Jamie threw a kid out a tower window with the dismissive quote 'The things I do for love'. Tywin had a woman gang raped to make a point to Tyrion.  Joffrey...

The Lannisters are the most sadistic house in the 7 Kingdoms.  

Main business of nobles is selling protection. So I assume that most nobles would become very violent when someone becomes threat to them or their "rights".

Besides some violence is needed keeping status quo like making sure that peasants keep paying their taxes and rents and bannermen understand their role as servants. 

Or running a noble house is almost like being a leader of organized crime. In that kind of role it is almost impossible to evade using violence.

Archived