Could a Sansa and Aegon marriage be possible?

3 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I don't think she was a child, maybe you think that because at the beginning of the scene Tyrion thinks about her probably being captured as a child and soled into slavery. But yeah, regardless it was a horrible scene.

Probably not a child per se in the eyes of Westeros, but at a very, very young age -- seemed like a barely pubescent teenager.

4 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

why do you think that?

Will need to reread, but the word "girl" and some of her physical characteristics seemed like that. Admittedly as something more implicit than explicit.

But as she's a slave, it's not much better even if I'm completely wrong here. :)

1 hour ago, Vaith said:

He's always the man who used a child sex slave in Selhorys no matter who knows about him. A murderer's friends might think they are a "good" person if they only saw that person being kind, but that does not negate the crime of murder. Similarly Tyrion being liked by a few people doesn't negate his various awful deeds so far.

I agree with you to an extant. What Tyrion did, some Robert Kraft shit that almost all freeborn Volantis are guilty of, is not the marking of a Mickey Mouse.

But the night is dark and full of terrors. Ned will always be the man who executed a harmless pitiful man in chapter 1. Dany will always have 163 crucifixions on her Dothraki belt. How can Dany not be a good guy?

1 hour ago, Vaith said:

A child married to him against her will, not a spouse. And she escaped, she was not kidnapped -- being in KL with the Lannisters was as much as a danger to her as she is with LF now.

Agreed. Which is dangerous as hell

1 hour ago, Vaith said:

Hopefully moping about Tysha is enough to make him forget about his thoughts of wanting Sansa sexually after their marriage.

Probably not, Alayne is just getting more and more beautiful

1 hour ago, Vaith said:

Hopefully not there, either. Arianne seems much happier knowing she's heir to Dorne (she plotted Myrcella's whole usurpation so that she'd be in a political position where it would be impossible to deny her Sunspear) and I don't think she'll want to throw that away so quickly. Plus I doubt she'll go behind Doran's back again or find Aegon attractive. 

Team Aegon might not see it as a necessity, they're hedging their bets on Dany for the moment. Personally I see Arianne as an advisor more than spouse, but at the end of the day even she seems likelier than Sansa.

Yea maybe, in twow Arianne it hints at it though, i think.

Why wouldnt she find Aegon attractive?

1 hour ago, Nagini's Neville said:

And all this time I thought Mickey was the bad guy. Mice wearing clothes are not to be trusted 

Thats a very good point. 

wouldn't exactly call it a kidnapping, she did leave on her own free will and put a lot of planing and risk into taking this opportunity. And I think even though LF is creepy as f she is still 10 times happier, than being stuck in KL with the murderers of her family

Tyrion probably would. The Eyrie was never his friend, although he has friends in the Vale. LF himself is a known enemy of Tyrions, with the whole knife fiasco. And his wifes there. It all fits too nicely for Tyrion, a Lannister pays his debte.

And Sansa thinks of going to Tyrion to escape LF but she thought he was dead. Thats gotta be a little better, the same, or a little worse. Not 10x

oh come on i thought you liked young Griff- I personally think he's not that bad. I liked, that he forbid Tyrion to drink right away after they met. who seems to have it more together please? Tyrion is after all still sort of a madman himself.

Young Griff or Griff? Aegon or Jon? Griff forbid Tyrion from drinking not Young Griff.

I dont really care for either of them. I mean, Aegons brave and hes a nice enough kid sometimes. But, hes a little reckless. I guess hes cool enough. Blackfyres are cool.

Old Griff? Nah fuck that guy. (Although he did save Tyrion) Hes such an asshole, cloaked in hate and vengeance for 20 years. Plus hes a fool whos being lied too, which is kinda funny. But hes getting reckless like his "son", if he finds out that Rhaegars son is indeed dead...well im invested in his story.

Who has it more together? Dude wears gloves and long sleeve shirts to cover up his grayscale. Social distance bro, shits contagious. Imp is stabbing his fingers like Jon Snow flexes his fist. Conn does not have it together. But yea, Imps nuts maybe even just as

Why not? Why would Tyrion and Sansa be happy together?

Aegons kind of an asshole sometimes, has a temperament on him that Tyrion says reminds him of Joff. Plus hes a misogynist who doesnt really have a great understanding of personal property.

Shared history? I doubt Tyrion can be really happy in marriage, like Victarion. Maybe though. Maybe Sansa too

I don't think LF's plan for Sansa is to be queen-that would put too much a target on her back and his for that matter, but Lady of the Vale and WF

LF tells her he has a gift for her, the war of 3 queens. (Cersei Dany Sansa) Which is kinda extreme, the gifts not Harry or a crown, its the war

1 minute ago, Hugorfonics said:

I agree with you to an extant. What Tyrion did, some Robert Kraft shit that almost all freeborn Volantis are guilty of, is not the marking of a Mickey Mouse.

But the night is dark and full of terrors. Ned will always be the man who executed a harmless pitiful man in chapter 1. Dany will always have 163 crucifixions on her Dothraki belt. How can Dany not be a good guy?

Ned was not aware of the man's full story, Dany was trying to rid the world of slavery. Personally I think that knowingly using a slave, even when such an institution is abhorred in Westeros, is a pretty low moment for him.

2 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Yea maybe, in twow Arianne it hints at it though, i think.

Why wouldnt she find Aegon attractive?

She has a "type", and Aegon doesn't really fit the mold:

Pretty poison, though.  That was how he’d fooled her.  Gerold Dayne was hard and cruel, but so fair to look upon that the princess had not believed half the tales she’d heard of him.  Pretty boys had ever been her weakness, particularly the ones who were dark and dangerous as well.  That was before, when I was just a girl, she told herself.  I am a woman now, my father’s daughter.  I have learned that lesson.

Dark and dangerous? He's practically been raised to be Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes, and gets sulky when he loses at cyvasse. He's six years her junior, and doesn't seem the type that'll make her choose on attractiveness alone (she's always the type to consider what's politically important, anyway)

12 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Young Griff or Griff? Aegon or Jon? Griff forbid Tyrion from drinking not Young Griff.

yeah, you're right. Honestly I should shut up about Tyrion's dance chapters- haven't read them in ages. I've got to reread them soon!

Do your really think Tyrion will come back to Westeros and search for Sansa?

15 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Social distance bro, shits contagious. Imp is stabbing his fingers like Jon Snow flexes his fist. Conn does not have it together. But yea, Imps nuts maybe even just as

:lmao:

16 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Plus hes a misogynist who doesnt really have a great understanding of personal property.

luckily we don't have that problem with Tyrion :laugh:

17 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Shared history?

They didn't manage to form a connection at all. And it was not only Sansa's fault. Tyrion was constantly insecure and bitter, full of passive-agressivnes and sarcasm.

And I don't know how that is supposed to be better now? It will be even worse after all the stuff he has been through/ done himself. 

Sansa has her own emotional/psychological problems- I don't see a way they could/would ever connect. Tyrion can't love a woman, he has never learned it.

23 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

I doubt Tyrion can be really happy in marriage, like Victarion.

Without some Westerosi therapy- I don't see any chance there

24 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Maybe Sansa too

I think with the right man Sansa could be happy in marriage- IMO it is what she always wanted and that hasn't changed up until now (she is still longing to be loved for herself) just she has become a bit more realistic and doesn't believe in fairytales anymore.

1 hour ago, Vaith said:

Ned was not aware of the man's full story,

Shoot first ask questions last

1 hour ago, Vaith said:

Dany was trying to rid the world of slavery.

So its ok to crucify 163 people in your spare time? Dany took the city, ended slavery and crushed the resistance, then she executed the folk for vengeance

1 hour ago, Vaith said:

Personally I think that knowingly using a slave, even when such an institution is abhorred in Westeros, is a pretty low moment for him.

I agree. I dont think it takes away his title of good guy though

1 hour ago, Vaith said:

She has a "type", and Aegon doesn't really fit the mold:

Dark and dangerous? He's practically been raised to be Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes, and gets sulky when he loses at cyvasse. He's six years her junior, and doesn't seem the type that'll make her choose on attractiveness alone (she's always the type to consider what's politically important, anyway)

Aegons handsome enough, and hes not dark now but that could change

yeah, you're right. Honestly I should shut up about Tyrion's dance chapters- haven't read them in ages. I've got to reread them soon!

All of Dance, the chapters mirror themselves

Do your really think Tyrion will come back to Westeros and search for Sansa?

Tyrion is undoubtedly coming back to Westeros. I think he has unfinished business in the Vale, as he promised it to the indigenous, I think he has unfinished buisness with Petyr as well. A Lannister always pays his debts

Sansa will be around, their shared story is not yet complete

luckily we don't have that problem with Tyrion :laugh:

Do we? He lets Chella on his council just like any other member of his men at arms. His summery of Dany was purely based off her actions not her gender. Tyrion despises his sisters because of her perceived stupidity but not once did he think shes the weaker sex. Unlike Aegon who doesnt know Cersei

"Even so," said Strickland, "alone, we cannot hope to—"

Griff had heard enough of the captain-general's cowardice. "We will not be alone. Dorne will join us, must join us. Prince Aegon is Elia's son as well as Rhaegar's."

"That's so," the boy said, "and who is there left in Westeros to oppose us? A woman."

I have doubts about this match for a variety of reasons.

I think Sansa"s story is of the North.  There is too much Northern and Stark imagery for it to be otherwise.   And there is nothing in KL for her but Cersei and bad memories.  Aegon doesn't have anything to offer her except being Queen of Westeros, which I think she would regard as something of a poisoned chalice.  I don't think she has any interest in that.

How and why she goes North I don't know, but I'm convinced that she will.  One possiblity would be if the Others invade I could see her convincing the Vale to send help.

I am also of the belief that Aegon is more of a red herring than anything else and will only last long enough for him to become one of the lies Daenerys slays.

While it may be a possibility, I don't see her willing to be LF's puppet on this and certainly don't see her doing it on her own.  Also, as stated above, I think their stories are headed in different directions. 

It doesn't really matter if Aegon is Illyrio's bastard, he was raised a Targaryen just like Jon was raised a Stark. Does that suddenly make him less of a Targ? Not really. Slayer of lies sounds KEWL but if she kills Aegon it probably means something the opposite. I dont think anyone in this series has been a murderer for blood purity before. 

• 4 months later...

Well, no one  knows how this can go, but when thinking of Sansa as of now, you have think about what Little Finger thinks it's best. Sansa is his bargain chip, but LF is not so impulsive as to give her away to a pretender who doesn't have lands or titles yet, just a promise. I think it would be more typical of LF if he were to gather intelligence about Aegon first, and exploit Aegon's  story gaps  to spread rumors that he isn't a Targaryen to create chaos, distrust and get him out of the way.

- LF has a bit more sway than Varys with the Tyrells whom he has collaborated to get rid of Joffrey - this isn't entirely different.  Right now it looks like Arianne may want to make a marriage bid with fAegon which if it works, it would probably take a Margeary's bid off the table and the Tyrells would go back to scheming in response. I think LF would probably set the seeds of mistrust with a powerful house (even if Aegon is true), specially if he learns that Daeny has taken control of Slavers Bay and a return to Westeros is inevitable or if Daeny refuses to meet with Aegon. LF thrives in war aftermaths and family disputes, he'd pit Danny's and Aegon's side against each other betting on their mutual destruction so he gets the throne. 

- If fAegon marries Margeary, same deal - spread rumors as Danny arrives and get people to abandon Aegon to split the realm. You have a norther rebellion up north - and a crumbled riverlands, they're not want to risk fighting 3 dragons and a massive army for someone who might or might not be who he says he is. Specially if Aegon can't bond with a dragon, he's credibility would be toast. 

- IMO Sansa is a predictable character - She's most likely going to be a ruler at the end of this.  Yes she's learning a lot, may pull one or another trick to take the north or the vale, then give LF a taste of his own medicine but she's fairly safe and protected. If LF marries her to fAegon, she'd die for sure.  

- And this is all discounting Euron too who's currently a big plan wrecker for team Aegon. Not discounting what he might do to Dany, but he's not going to be easy to beat. 

On 5/10/2020 at 12:59 AM, Lord Varys said:

The idea that Sansa might (try to) marry Aegon was always an interesting notion to me. I very much expect the Vale to enter the main plot by declaring for Aegon during that tourney in the Vale, possibly at the instigation or due to the manipulation of Sansa herself, who might realize that this Aegon fellow is her ticket to publicly become a Stark again. She could force the hands of the assembled lords and knights - many of them young men, eager to show their valor in battle - by publicly revealing their true identity and thus forcing them to choose between handing her over to Tommen and stay in the good graces of the Iron Throne, or take up arms against the Lannisters and Tyrells in the name of Aegon who provides a focal point for such an uprising.

100% agreed and not only for the prospect of a second handsome princeling turning out to be a douche. 

On 5/10/2020 at 12:59 AM, Lord Varys said:

Littlefinger would also like the idea of making Sansa a queen to get closer to the ultimate price - once she has given Aegon a child they could do away with him and he could marry Sansa and rule the Realm as Lord Regent or Protector of the Realm (or think he could). After all, Littlefinger would have no idea that Aegon was Varys' creature - if he knew that, he would likely not go with such an idea, but not knowing about that it might seem too tempting. And if it is Sansa who starts the whole thing in the Vale he would have to adapt and jump the bandwagon, or risk being left behind and lose all his influence in the Vale. He could not possibly stop the lords of the Vale if most of them decided that this was a great idea, having no real authority over them.

I think you have a roach in the rushes here.

At best Littlefinger has some suspicion that Varys had some plot going on with Viserys and now maybe Dany - who if anyone is the one LF has plans for, or modelled his plans on. But no way LF knows about (f)Aegon; that secret has been hidden by a better schemer than him.

Archived