Upload on Amazon Prime: Season 1 - 56k Modem

ithanos

Premise:  
In 2033, humans are able to "upload" themselves into a virtual afterlife of their choosing. When computer programmer Nathan dies prematurely, he is uploaded to the very expensive Lake View, but soon finds himself under the thumb of his possessive, still-living girlfriend Ingrid. As Nathan adjusts to the pros and cons of digital heaven, he bonds with Nora, his living customer service rep, or "Angel". Nora struggles with the pressures of her job, her dying father who does not want to be uploaded, and her growing feelings for Nathan while slowly coming to believe that Nathan was murdered.

In these unprecedented times, its nice to have something funny and unexpectedly nuanced to watch. I'm 2 episodes from finishing the first season and have so far enjoyed it immensely. I've belly lauged more than a couple times. There will be the obvious comparison to The Good Life which is supernautural in its bones. Upload is quite digital and with a nod maybe to a world like Altered Carbon.

Got to like the main characters, even if they're all too damn beautiful. Amell (who plays Nathan) looks like a soft Christiano Ronaldo with a hint on Tom Cruise.  And I'm really digging a few of the recurring characters.

The title graphic, a simple progression of the series title, becomes more amusing with every epsiode - because lets face it, most will recognise and empathise (with frustration) at the hesitancy.

Renewed for Season 2 by Amazon.

Archived