What exactly did Aerys do to Rhaella?

Hrulj

It’s something that’s never touched upon other than it caused her pain and screams. But surely it wasn’t something as simple as BDSM or whatever the Westeros equivalent of it is. Is there any hints as to what exactly went on behind closed doors?

Probably something that Jeyne Poole would be familiar with. I'm curious as to whether or not it's something that could have conceivably led to impregnation, but I doubt we'll ever get a blow by blow accounting from inside the room.

There are no mysteries here. The madder Aerys got, the more sadistic he became. He got sexually aroused whenever he burned someone, and would then proceed to rape and abuse his wife. Lovely man. NOT.

AFfC, Jaime II

But whenever Aerys gave a man to the flames, Queen Rhaella would have a visitor in the night. The day he burned his mace-and-dagger Hand, Jaime and Jon Darry had stood at guard outside her bedchamber whilst the king took his pleasure. “You’re hurting me,” they had heard Rhaella cry through the oaken door. “You’re hurting me.” In some queer way, that had been worse than Lord Chelsted’s screaming. “We are sworn to protect her as well,” Jaime had finally been driven to say. “We are,” Darry allowed, “but not from him.”
Jaime had only seen Rhaella once after that, the morning of the day she left for Dragonstone. The queen had been cloaked and hooded as she climbed inside the royal wheelhouse that would take her down Aegon’s High Hill to the waiting ship, but he heard her maids whispering after she was gone. They said the queen looked as if some beast had savaged her, clawing at her thighs and chewing on her breasts. A crowned beast, Jaime knew.”

Probably just garden variety marital rape. No complex business like whips or whatever else shit Ramsay does. Add in some teeth and nails and you probably get what he did.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:41 PM, Jay21 said:

I'm curious as to whether or not it's something that could have conceivably led to impregnation, but I doubt we'll ever get a blow by blow accounting from inside the room.

It pretty clearly could result in impregnation given that Dany is a thing

22 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

There are no mysteries here. The madder Aerys got, the more sadistic he became. He got sexually aroused whenever he burned someone, and would then proceed to rape and abuse his wife. Lovely man. NOT.

AFfC, Jaime II

But whenever Aerys gave a man to the flames, Queen Rhaella would have a visitor in the night. The day he burned his mace-and-dagger Hand, Jaime and Jon Darry had stood at guard outside her bedchamber whilst the king took his pleasure. “You’re hurting me,” they had heard Rhaella cry through the oaken door. “You’re hurting me.” In some queer way, that had been worse than Lord Chelsted’s screaming. “We are sworn to protect her as well,” Jaime had finally been driven to say. “We are,” Darry allowed, “but not from him.”
Jaime had only seen Rhaella once after that, the morning of the day she left for Dragonstone. The queen had been cloaked and hooded as she climbed inside the royal wheelhouse that would take her down Aegon’s High Hill to the waiting ship, but he heard her maids whispering after she was gone. They said the queen looked as if some beast had savaged her, clawing at her thighs and chewing on her breasts. A crowned beast, Jaime knew.”

Yeah remember seeing that but it seems as such a letdown for it to be just him clawing or biting her. Sure it's torture and all but not something to be that horrified about. Thanks for confirming it though 

1 hour ago, Hrulj said:

Yeah remember seeing that but it seems as such a letdown for it to be just him clawing or biting her. Sure it's torture and all but not something to be that horrified about. Thanks for confirming it though 

Um.... what? 

It is sad but Aerys was not the only husband to abuse their wives.  He is the king and what he does is public.  Emotional problems caused by his paranoia made his behavior more disturbing than that of the abusive husband.  And the Kingsguard are not the only knights to stay out of domestic problems.  Hand of the Kings Jon Arryn and Eddard Stark knew what kind of husband Robert was.  

11 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Well it's about as likely as some other then Aerys being Dany's father.

I guess we'll see. There's no reason to believe that she was conceived in KL instead of on Dragonstone other than that's what's commonly believed.  It's something that would be impossible for anyone in Westeros to have determined.  If the timeline as presented is accurate, Rhaella would not have been showing when she left Kingslanding so it's not like there's proof.  We don't know Dany wasn't premature, we just know that roughly 9 months after leaving KL Rhaella gave birth to her. Aerys was not a loving husband.  Who's to say that after finally escaping him she didn't find solace in the arms of a former suitor who happened to be on hand?  With all of the baggage that Jon, Tyrion and Dany carry from their respective fathers I expect each of them to be released from that at some point, Dany especially.  That Mad King stuff gets thrown in her face far too often.

Archived