Whose death was most satisfying?

James Steller

2 hours ago, Ygrain said:

A bit of chasing through the woods and his girls eating him from the crotch would be just about fine, IMHO. 

Yes, please! :drool:

Also, @Alexis-something-Rose reminded me of another death I’m very much looking forward to: Littlefinger. 

As to Joffrey, as much as I disliked the nasty little shit that he was, his death felt very uncomfortable for me... :dunno:

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

This feels lazy, it's the middle ages surely we can think of something better. Hanged drawned and quartered is always a good choice, or if you wanna go old school crucifixion might be pretty good too.

8 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

This feels lazy, it's the middle ages surely we can think of something better. Hanged drawned and quartered is always a good choice, or if you wanna go old school crucifixion might be pretty good too.

But being chased, hunted, and eaten by his “girls”, maybe as they follow a direwolf as pack leader is not lazy, it’s beautiful and it’s called KARMA IS A BITCH. :lol:

1 minute ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

There's foreshadowing in ADwD of a fight between the direwolves and Ramsay's hounds, so you might get part of your wish.

I didn’t say that for nothing! :D

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

But being chased, hunted, and eaten by his “girls”, maybe as they follow a direwolf as pack leader is not lazy, it’s beautiful and it’s called KARMA IS A BITCH. :lol:

Well if you want actual karma, I would say held for a few months in which he should be raped and whipped and whatever messed up stuff he did to Jeyne combined with the finger games he played with Theon, then be chased by the dogs and then finally flayed alive.

Lysa.

One moment she was there acting all crazy and revealing big secrets and then... she was gone.

28 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Too quick. He doesn't deserve that.

Starving him and feeding him his own flesh is much better :devil:

20 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Also, @Alexis-something-Rose reminded me of another death I’m very much looking forward to: Littlefinger. 

As to Joffrey, as much as I disliked the nasty little shit that he was, his death felt very uncomfortable for me... :dunno:

Nice to have someone to share my dreams with :D

Yeah, Joffrey's death is written in a way that makes you feel sorry for him, and for his mother. GRRM is bloody good at his job...

23 hours ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

There's foreshadowing in ADwD of a fight between the direwolves and Ramsay's hounds, so you might get part of your wish.

Now that would be so awesome.  Ramsay and his Girls hunting Arya and her direwolf. 

I know that you're supposed to feel sorry for Joffrey, as ultimately he's a 13 years old being poisoned to make way for the ambitions of adults, but he's SUCH a little piece of absolute shit that I just couldn't.

As for a truly, 100% cathartic death, I'm pretty sure we're supposed to cheer when people like the Bloody Mummers or Vargo Hoat die. They're portrayed as barbarous monsters with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. The same will happen if/when Ramsay bites it. 

I think the problem with revenge is that so often it turns out to be disproportionate or hits the wrong targets.   Theon is a good example of someone who I wanted to get his comeuppance, but what happened to him was far out of proportion to his sins.  Cersei's walk of shame was horrible to read, in a way that Cersei being sent to the block would not be.  Jon Connington and the Sand Snakes wanting to get revenge on Robert and Tywin is fair enough.  But, it's entirely illegitimate for them to seek revenge against their child descendants.

But, revenge against awful people that is both well-directed and proportionate is very satisfying to read.  So, "Edd, fetch me a block", "Is there gold in the village?" , Master Kraznys going up like a torch, and Amory Lorch crying like the coward he is are all very satisfying moments. 

As to Joffrey, I'm afraid I felt no pity for him at all.  He was just such an awful creature. 

I think for Ramsay, I'd like him to be fleeing from Winterfell, and then for him to fall into the hands of the relatives of his victims.  The scene would then end with them drawing out their flaying knives.

On 5/13/2020 at 11:11 PM, Alexis-something-Rose said:

Could you give us the quotes that show the foreshadowing in ADwD? Thanks.

George also mentions Ramsay's hounds fighting multiple Stark direwolves:

N.B. A note for future reference. A season or two down the line Ramsay’s pack of wolfhounds are going to be sent against the Stark direwolves, so we should build up the dogs as much as possible.

4 hours ago, a black swan said:

Could you give us the quotes that show the foreshadowing in ADwD? Thanks.

This;

"He's trained 'em to kill wolves as well," Ben Bones had confided. Reek said nothing. He knew which wolves the girls were meant to kill, but he had no wish to watch the girls fighting over his severed toe. (Reek III, ADwD 32)

And this;

"Stark's little wolflings are dead," said Ramsay, sloshing some more ale into his cup, "and they'll stay dead. Let them show their ugly faces, and my girls will rip those wolves of theirs to pieces. The sooner they turn up, the sooner I kill them again." (Reek III, ADwD 32)

These made me completely change my mind about who will take Winterfell from the Boltons.

About Joffrey's death, I think it's more the way he died, than his death in on itself. If King's Landing had fallen and Stannis had had him executed, then I don't think many of us would have blinked and eye.

But his death was more brutal than Tywin's for instance and we know the things that Tywin was responsible for. Him clawing at his throat because he couldn't breathe was horrible. I think it's really the manner of his death that was shocking. There was nothing clean about it. And the death coming from Tyrion's POV adds some pathos to it, because Tyrion couldn't stand Joffrey. But the whole he looked terrified and noticing that he had Jaime's eyes, remarking that he was just a boy, certainly added more layers to the whole thing.

Archived