Whose death was most satisfying?

James Steller

Those who felt for Joff are saints, after the Red Wedding, I was cheering. I enjoyed Lysa's death too.

I want to say that i enjoyed Tywin's, but Westeros is an absolute shitshow without him and a firm hand is just what it needs,  miss you man.

On 5/13/2020 at 12:36 PM, EccentricHorse11 said:

Mirri Maaz Duur? I actually felt sorry that she died. Agreed about Joff and Harma and I can understand Weyma, but MMD was not meant to be satisfying.

It was to me.  James Steller was asking whose death was most satisfying to me.  I made a list accordingly. 

2 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Here are mine:

Lysa, MMD, & Kraznys off the top of my head. 

Lol, was that pun intended, because Kraznys' head exploded? 

1 hour ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Me also & I think saying "it wasn't meant to be satisfying" is an opinion rather than fact. 

True... But its so satisfying

Dany poured the oil over the woman's head herself. "I thank you, Mirri Maz Duur," she said, "for the lessons you have taught me."

"You will not hear me scream," Mirri responded as the oil dripped from her hair and soaked her clothing.

"I will," Dany said, "but it is not your screams I want, only your life. I remember what you told me. Only death can pay for life." Mirri Maz Duur opened her mouth, but made no reply. As she stepped away, Dany saw that the contempt was gone from the maegi's flat black eyes; in its place was something that might have been fear.

Its kinda the making of a monster, and Ive often wondered what the something that might be fear was, but the whole exchange is just so badass. "I will" lol.

GRRM does a really good job of distracting us when people die, how much can we sympathize with the maegi when Danys planning on stepping into a pyre? Or when Lysa wasn't "only Cat", I was just too shocked that Petyr was behind everything to think of anything else

I think Joff was the best example. The main antagonist, the fucking king. And I didn't even blink. As soon as the wedding started I was just waiting for Sansa to make a run for it, and then it just became clear that Tyrion was going to get arrested. I hated Joffrey for 3 books and then GRRM robbed me of satisfaction lol.

Even Weateros was as cold blooded as me. Tywin was on the throne, Jaimes son was king and Margaery will be queen. Nobody seemed to care about Joff, except his mother... Which is kinda sad, but, poor Cersei? Lol nah

Call it a guilty pleasure for some.  It's not forgiving to enjoy the death of anybody even if it was necessary.  An execution should only be considered after the guilt has first been established.  Then precedents have to be considered, like were others who were similarly guilty also executed?  The taking of lives is taken lightly in Westeros.  It's even worse in Essos. 

14 hours ago, frenin said:

Those who felt for Joff are saints, after the Red Wedding, I was cheering. I enjoyed Lysa's death too.

I want to say that i enjoyed Tywin's, but Westeros is an absolute shitshow without him and a firm hand is just what it needs,  miss you man.

When I read the death of Tywin I was also cheering, but after thinking everything he did I got the feeling that Tywin got off too easy. Since we do not see Gregor's suffering, his death for me was also not satisfying.

Deaths that I cannot wait to see are Roose, Littlefinger and Walder.

On 5/14/2020 at 7:09 PM, Unit A2 said:

Now that would be so awesome.  Ramsay and his Girls hunting Arya and her direwolf. 

No way :crying:, Leave Arya alone, she has been through enough... poor girl deserves a hug and spoiled for that rest of her life after all that suffering, the last thing I wanna see in the books is Arya interacting with Ramsey.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:17 AM, Falcon2909 said:

Mirri Maaz Duur did nothing wrong. Drogo deserved to die.

I agree, Drogo had it comming.

5 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Lol, was that pun intended, because Kraznys' head exploded? 

Haha!! No pun intended!

True... But its so satisfying

Yep I agree. I was talking about another poster saying it wasn't meant to be satisfying. It was so satisfying.

Its kinda the making of a monster, and Ive often wondered what the something that might be fear was, but the whole exchange is just so badass. "I will" lol

Oh yeah. And she did. 

6 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

GRRM does a really good job of distracting us when people die, how much can we sympathize with the maegi when Danys planning on stepping into a pyre? Or when Lysa wasn't "only Cat", I was just too shocked that Petyr was behind everything to think of anything else

Yep, I had to read that passage again like 4 times when Lysa says they are behind Jon Arryn's murder! 

think Joff was the best example. The main antagonist, the fucking king. And I didn't even blink. As soon as the wedding started I was just waiting for Sansa to make a run for it, and then it just became clear that Tyrion was going to get arrested. I hated Joffrey for 3 books and then GRRM robbed me of satisfaction lol

Haha! Right?! AND of all people to feel sorry for in that moment, I felt bad for Cersei! As a mother I just can't think of anything worse than watching your child die in front of you. 

Even Weateros was as cold blooded as me. Tywin was on the throne, Jaimes son was king and Margaery will be queen. Nobody seemed to care about Joff, except his mother... Which is kinda sad, but, poor Cersei? Lol nah

Haha! Yeah, not poor Cersei but mom to mom I felt for her in that moment. 

5 hours ago, 867-5309 said:

Call it a guilty pleasure for some.  It's not forgiving to enjoy the death of anybody even if it was necessary.  An execution should only be considered after the guilt has first been established.  Then precedents have to be considered, like were others who were similarly guilty also executed?  The taking of lives is taken lightly in Westeros.  It's even worse in Essos. 

Indeed but since they aren't real people I think we are ok enjoying their deaths :devil:

3 hours ago, Arthur Peres said:

No way :crying:, Leave Arya alone, she has been through enough... poor girl deserves a hug and spoiled for that rest of her life after all that suffering, the last thing I wanna see in the books is Arya interacting with Ramsey.

Right! Goodness. Poor little girl. I wouldn't wish Ramsay on anyone tbh, let alone a child. 

4 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Yep I agree. I was talking about another poster saying it wasn't meant to be satisfying. It was so satisfying.

Oh yeah. And she did. 

Yes she did lol. It's a great scene

Yep, I had to read that passage again like 4 times when Lysa says they are behind Jon Arryn's murder! 

I still remember how shocked I was, so much of what I assumed turned out to be wrong. The very next chapter though was Catelyn nodding her head yes. Hands down, imo, best part of asoiaf.

(Very satisfied with Merretts death btw)

"No," Merrett squealed loudly. "No don't, I gave you your answer, you said you'd let me go."

"Seems to me that I said I'd tell them to let you go." The singer looked at yellow cloak. "Lem, let him go."

"Go bugger your self." The outlaw replied brusquely.

The singer gave Merrett a helpless shrug and began to play, "The Day They Hanged Black Robin."

Haha! Right?! AND of all people to feel sorry for in that moment, I felt bad for Cersei! As a mother I just can't think of anything worse than watching your child die in front of you. 

Haha! Yeah, not poor Cersei but mom to mom I felt for her in that moment. 

For sure. Maybe, it is poor Cersei...

Indeed but since they aren't real people I think we are ok enjoying their deaths :devil:

True. I mean, under normal circumstances, if its a failed midwife or a successful witch I wouldnt want her to burn alive lol, but since its fiction, fuck it, lets hear ya scream lol.

Although Vargos death, which Jaime was anticipating turned strange and sour. Even for a fictitious monster, his death had me disgusted. (Although, I guess I still enjoyed it, even if I thought it strange)

Right! Goodness. Poor little girl. I wouldn't wish Ramsay on anyone tbh, let alone a child. 

So, one death Im not looking forward to, is Rams. All men must die though, so Ill eventually have to say goodbye to one of my favorites.

So, itd be nice I guess if Poole kills him, but shes not really one of our characters like that. Theon is, but he shouldnt be lol. 

So obviously Rams is a monster, but im heartless like that lol. I dont care about MMD, I care about Dany being a good guy. I don't care about Hoat, I care about Jaime. I dont care about Joff, but I do care about Cersei. I like Jeyne, sort of, but I really dont care that much. I do care however about her name. Ramsay has told the world that her name is weak and terrified. Bolton took the name of Arya Stark and flayed it. That, imo, deserves repercussions. Even if she just stabs em with the pointy end

7 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

still remember how shocked I was, so much of what I assumed turned out to be wrong. The very next chapter though was Catelyn nodding her head yes. Hands down, imo, best part of asoiaf

Yeah, me too. 

Very satisfied with Merretts death btw

Oh yeah! Forgot that one. 

For sure. Maybe, it is poor Cersei..

Maybe a little. Not too much tho. 

True. I mean, under normal circumstances, if its a failed midwife or a successful witch I wouldnt want her to burn alive lol, but since its fiction, fuck it, lets hear ya scream lol.

Haha! Agreed!

Although Vargos death, which Jaime was anticipating turned strange and sour. Even for a fictitious monster, his death had me disgusted. (Although, I guess I still enjoyed it, even if I thought it strange)

Yeah, I was good with him dying but yuck! 

I could've done with him dying a different way. 

So, one death Im not looking forward to, is Rams. All men must die though, so Ill eventually have to say goodbye to one of my favorites

Ahh agreed. He brings alot to the series but man he deserves it. 

So, itd be nice I guess if Poole kills him, but shes not really one of our characters like that. Theon is, but he shouldnt be lol.

Agreed. 

So obviously Rams is a monster, but im heartless like that lol. I dont care about MMD, I care about Dany being a good guy. I don't care about Hoat, I care about Jaime. I dont care about Joff, but I do care about Cersei. I like Jeyne, sort of, but I really dont care that much. I do care however about her name. Ramsay has told the world that her name is weak and terrified. Bolton took the name of Arya Stark and flayed it. That, imo, deserves repercussions. Even if she just stabs em with the pointy end

Definitely. I'm good with Arya taking him out. I'll have anxiety the whole time though, worried he is gonna get his filthy paws on her.

23 hours ago, Arthur Peres said:

You have got to be kidding!  She's very dark now.  She will get even darker the closer she gets to the other Starks.  It is a disturbing thought what she might do when she hears what happened to her brother at the wall.

@Bullrout why would he be kidding? Do you dispute she has been through her fair share of trauma? She is a little girl. 

Why would she get 'darker' as she gets closer to other Starks? 

Whether or not she seeks revenge for Jon, I don't think she deserves Ramsay. 

48 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

@Bullrout why would he be kidding? Do you dispute she has been through her fair share of trauma? She is a little girl. 

Why would she get 'darker' as she gets closer to other Starks? 

It seems like they belong to the "Starks are baddies" branch of Daenerys fan club.

1 hour ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Nobody deserves Ramsay. 

I think the implication behind having Ramsay send his hounds after Arya and chase after her goes even beyond this wish. Apparently there are some who would like to see an 11 year old girl torn apart by dogs and raped by a sadist, or don't understand that this is what happened to Kyra and Grey Jeyne and every girl whose name lives on in those hounds.

Archived