Whose death was most satisfying?

James Steller

16 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Yeah, I was good with him dying but yuck! 

I could've done with him dying a different way. 

Its memorable. I like that GRRM robbed Jaime of his satisfaction. It shows some humanity in the kingslayer

Ahh agreed. He brings alot to the series but man he deserves it. 

Yea....I guess lol

Definitely. I'm good with Arya taking him out. I'll have anxiety the whole time though, worried he is gonna get his filthy paws on her.

She can take care of herself. Dont worry about that.

I feel a little bad that I care more about Aryas name then I do for like 90% of asoiaf characters, but it is what it is. I blame the Kindly Man, who insinuated that theres some type of power in the name Arya Stark.

1 hour ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

that this is what happened to Kyra and Grey Jeyne and every girl whose name lives on in those hounds.

They think theyre wargs

1 hour ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

Nobody deserves Ramsay. 

I think the implication behind having Ramsay send his hounds after Arya and chase after her goes even beyond this wish. Apparently there are some who would like to see an 11 year old girl torn apart by dogs and raped by a sadist, or don't understand that this is what happened to Kyra and Grey Jeyne and every girl whose name lives on in those hounds.

Right? That's what I'm saying. It's too much for anyone, let alone a little girl. 

Janos Slynt by a long margin, I still smile when I think about it.

Then, in no particular order: Pycelle, Tywin, The Tickler, Joffrey, Catelyn Tully, Lysa Tully.

Looking foward to: Bowen Marsh, Areo Hotah, Brienne, Littlefinger, most of the Freys, Jorah Mormont, Ramsay, the new high septon.

6 hours ago, SeanF said:

How can we have forgotten three of the most satisfying deaths of all?

I refer of course to the creation of the three Frey Bentos pies.

Damn straight, those Frey pies were hugely satisfying! 

ETA: Frey Bentos pies! :lol:

23 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Damn straight, those Frey pies were hugely satisfying! 

ETA: Frey Bentos pies! :lol:

I don't know if this play on Frey/Fray Bentos was deliberate, or just one of those delightful coincidences.  I'll definitely ask Martin if I ever meet him at a conference.

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I don't know if this play on Frey/Fray Bentos was deliberate, or just one of those delightful coincidences.  I'll definitely ask Martin if I ever meet him at a conference.

Yeah, I’d be curious to know as well! 

15 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yeah, I’d be curious to know as well! 

Even funnier (if extremely gruesome) is the way that Manderly and his vassals tuck in.  Everyone who's in the secret is basically saying that if you piss on House Manderly, House Manderly will eat you alive.

I know he hasn't died yet, but I can't wait for Stannis to bite it. The moment he realizes he's not really Azor Ahai, that he betrayed/killed his entire family for anything (if you think he's not going to burn Shireen in the books you're delusional) and that ultimately he's not really relevant in the grand scheme of things is gonna be glorious.

Since he's such a misogynist I wish Dany would kill him but sadly I don't think they will meet.

I hate Stannis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 10:21 PM, House Of Wolves said:

It has to be Janos Slynt for me.  When he died I actually Cheered out loud.  I would have thought it would have been Joffrey . since, I hated him so much ,but surprisingly his death does not give the reader the satisfaction you would think it would have.

Agreed,  Slynt was a maggot and pathetic in his death too.  Joff, while also a terrible person, was pitiful in his death, especially when you recall that he was only a kid.  The scenes are wholly different, one a triumph and the other almost a tragedy, if not for the Red Wedding preceding it and the poetic justice it brings.  

20 minutes ago, Bullrout said:

@Lyanna<3Rhaegar

She should not be allowed to get away with the murder of Dareon and the insurance man.  Death may be extreme.  Ok. But she needs to do a long time in prison.  

I was saying she didn't deserve to be in the hands of Ramsay. Also, as a child having experienced the trauma she has & having to find a way to survive she should have some leniency IMO. 

Archived