Whose death was most satisfying?

James Steller

Just now, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I was saying she didn't deserve to be in the hands of Ramsay. Also, as a child having experienced the trauma she has & having to find a way to survive she should have some leniency IMO. 

Sure.  Absolutely her circumstance should be considered.  But spoiling her for the rest of her life is not what I had in mind.  It is not the sentence she would get me from me.  Laboring for 20 years on a fishing boat is fair.

9 hours ago, Bullrout said:

Sure.  Absolutely her circumstance should be considered.  But spoiling her for the rest of her life is not what I had in mind.  It is not the sentence she would get me from me.  Laboring for 20 years on a fishing boat is fair.

I never suggesting spoiling her though? Laboring on a fishing boat for 20 years would probably be a dream job for her after what she has been through. 

1 hour ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I never suggesting spoiling her though? Laboring on a fishing boat for 20 years would probably be a dream job for her after what she has been through. 

She won't have any trouble pulling heads off the shrimps.  Like that scene from The Prince of Tides.

Grandpa said to the little girl, "lemme see you pull the heads off them shrimp" 

All the slavers. No one from Westeros was that terrible, like these people were. 

Khal Drogo. A slaver, a rapist, simply put, a barbarian. 

Craster. Disgusting old man. His manner of living was abominable. 

I am a bit unhappy that Varamyr gets to live in a wolf after his body died, after all he's done. I pity the wolf.

- Viserys III

- Amory Lorch

- Vargo Hoat

- Craster

- Joffrey

- Tywin

- Lysa

- Janos Slynt

I'm looking forward to see the following characters dying: Bowen Marsh, Ramsay, Roose, The Freys, Cersei, Euron, fAegon, Daenerys, Jorah Friendzone.

6 hours ago, The Sunland Lord said:

All the slavers. No one from Westeros was that terrible, like these people were. 

The many victims of Gregor Clegane, Vargo Hoat, Ramsay Bolton, and yes, Tywin Lannister beg to differ. 

On 5/12/2020 at 10:05 PM, Pontius Pilate said:

I can give you a few.  Mirri Maaz Duur, Joffrey, Weymar, and Harma Dog's Head.

Something about Weymar turned me off.  He's an arrogant punk. He should have listened to the veteran.  Dumb kid. 

1. MMD
  2. I look forward with eagerness to Wayman Manderly's death
  3. Weymar 
  4. Harma

• 2 months later...
On 6/3/2020 at 7:05 AM, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Murdering fish is not going to satisfy her thirst for revenge.  But you could say it adds to the punishment.  Not being able to do what she wants.  Clap irons on her legs and tie her to the fishing boat.  Put her to mending nets or some other repetitive manual labor.  Who was it that said hell is repetition.

Ramsay's. It hasn't happened yet but I have imagined it many times. He is so scary that I think everyone in the book should cease fire and spend a chapter uniting to kill him. You'd don't need defeating the Others as a common cause when you have Ramsay.

On 5/13/2020 at 7:32 AM, McGuv19 said:

I think this is a good point and I agree with it.

Revenge and vindictiveness is not meant to be a good motive in ASOIAF. Robb’s war was at least partly fought out of revenge, and it didn’t end well for him. The Freys are almost universally hated due to their petty actions of revenge against Robb. I think we are meant to pity characters like Janos Slynt and Joffrey. Regardless of if you think they deserved it or brought it on themselves, as spectators IMO we are meant to pity them.

I think GRRM writes these characters deaths as so horrific because he prefers characters to seek redemption rather than being punished or seem irredeemable. Think of characters like Theon and Jaime, they have done terrible things but are trying to atone for them.

I think Septon Meribald’s broken men speech complements this idea well, humanising even those you are fighting against. The important thing about his speech is that it could broadly be applied to any soldier on any battlefield, regardless of if they are Stark, Lannister, Bolton, or Frey.

Those are not admirable ambitions in people although one can argue for justice.  Letting a wrong go unpunished almost makes it seem like the wronged person has no worth.  Being too forgiving is not the right answer.  Somewhere in between is where justice and fairness are. 

I do pity Janos Slynt and think he did not get any justice from his lord commander. Jon handled that badly because of his own feelings.  Joffrey's murder was not about justice.  The Tyrells did it to spare Margaery.  It may still be wrong even if Joffrey deserved it.  I cannot blame Joffrey for executing Ned Stark.  Ned admitted to treason.  He was guilty as far as Joffrey knew. 

1 hour ago, Roswell said:

Those are not admirable ambitions in people although one can argue for justice.  Letting a wrong go unpunished almost makes it seem like the wronged person has no worth.  Being too forgiving is not the right answer.  Somewhere in between is where justice and fairness are. 

I do pity Janos Slynt and think he did not get any justice from his lord commander. Jon handled that badly because of his own feelings.  Joffrey's murder was not about justice.  The Tyrells did it to spare Margaery.  It may still be wrong even if Joffrey deserved it.  I cannot blame Joffrey for executing Ned Stark.  Ned admitted to treason.  He was guilty as far as Joffrey knew. 

The Tyrells murdered Joff to get Marg an ”easier” royal husband. Emphasis on royal. Like they couldn’t just say no thanks to a marriage when they heard he was despicable?

To the op:

-Kraznys

-Quentyn (weird maybe but I really disliked him and felt he was a douche for trying to steal dragons)

-Pycelle. Never loved Varys more.

-Little Walder.

-Robert Baratheon. Late justice for Lady.

Most anticipated:

-Ramsay Snowbolton

-Masters of Yunkai and the Sons of the Harpy

-Taena Merryweather

-Boros Blount and Meryn Trant

-A reasonable amount of adult male Freys

-Roose Bolton

On 5/12/2020 at 9:55 PM, James Steller said:

Call it sadism, call it schadenfreude, but which character’s demise did you actually enjoy reading?

For me, it was Tywin Lannister. The man who did so much cruelty over the course of his life, who hypocritically talked about the importance of family while outright abusing his own son, is killed on the toilet by Tyrion, mocked as he has a deeply undignified death. Not to mention his farce of a funeral. I’d almost say it was the justice of the gods if I was so inclined.

Jon's

14 hours ago, Sigella said:

The Tyrells murdered Joff to get Marg an ”easier” royal husband. Emphasis on royal. Like they couldn’t just say no thanks to a marriage when they heard he was despicable?

To the op:

-Kraznys

-Quentyn (weird maybe but I really disliked him and felt he was a douche for trying to steal dragons)

-Pycelle. Never loved Varys more.

-Little Walder.

-Robert Baratheon. Late justice for Lady.

Most anticipated:

-Ramsay Snowbolton

-Masters of Yunkai and the Sons of the Harpy

-Taena Merryweather

-Boros Blount and Meryn Trant

-A reasonable amount of adult male Freys

-Roose Bolton

What about Cersei’s death?

3 hours ago, GoldenGail3 said:

What about Cersei’s death?

She’s too fun to read, its impossible to look forward to her death.

If/when she hurts any of the dragons I might reconsider, though. 

19 hours ago, Sigella said:

She’s too fun to read, its impossible to look forward to her death.

If/when she hurts any of the dragons I might reconsider, though. 

If Cersei hurt any of the dragons then I’d consider her achieved lol.

This thread is kinda irritating me. Annoying is a better word. 

Cmon man!!

My list (not only mine I hope?) will number in the hundreds.

Half the novel/movie franchises don't even have that many characters. It's GRRM after all. 

I'll list all those deaths I relished when I find some time..... and a lap/PC

Archived