How do you picture the Lion of the Night's demons?

From what very little information is given, how do you picture the Lion of the Night's demons that haunt beyond the Five Forts? Personally, I imagine them as monstrous, semi anthropomorphic creatures. Very similar to the Night Creatures/Demons from the animated series Castlevania. I know this is quite a stretch, but the name "Lion of the Night" has lead me to visualize the entity and it's minions as very animal like in appearance.

I don't have anything to back this up, but my head canon is that they are mostly unrelated to the Westerosi Others/White Walkers. If there is a connection, perhaps they were both subordinate to or created by some higher power.

There is a terrific theory on what "lion of the night" means in the Glass Candles, Yi Ti, thread.  It means the moon.  So the children of the moon are those creatures who are most active at night.  It doesn't get as cold in the east but the darkness will still affect them.  I don't think it will be the Others.  It will be creatures that hunt in the night.  Bats and wolves.

Archived