Who is the woman in The House of the Undying?

BridgeofFire

The queen had been cloaked and hooded as she climbed inside the royal wheelhouse that would take her down Aegon's High Hill to the waiting ship, but he heard her maids whispering after she was gone. They said the queen looked as if some beast had savaged her, clawing at her thighs and chewing on her breasts. A crowned beast, Jaime knew.

In one room, a beautiful woman sprawled naked on the floor while four little men crawled over her. They had rattish pointed faces and tiny pink hands, like the servitor who had brought her the glass of shade. One was pumping between her thighs. Another savaged her breasts, worrying at the nipples with his wet red mouth, tearing and chewing.

???In the center of the room the dwarf stood with his servants, and four strangers in the black of the Night's Watch. Bran could sense the anger in the hall the moment that Hodor carried him through the doors.???

1 hour ago, Fool Stands On Giant’s Toe said:
The queen had been cloaked and hooded as she climbed inside the royal wheelhouse that would take her down Aegon's High Hill to the waiting ship, but he heard her maids whispering after she was gone. They said the queen looked as if some beast had savaged her, clawing at her thighs and chewing on her breasts. A crowned beast, Jaime knew.

I like this train of thought. what if the dwarves represent both Aerys in his savaging and the four dwarves represent the bastards born of his cheating. all dwarves are bastards in their father's eyes, and maybe Joanna Lannister wasn't the only woman to have a bastard by him. if we assume he raped some women of high birth, and/or had consensual extra martial affairs that led to pregnancy than there may be a few bastards beyond what were seeing but in plain sight.

The small figures are Robb, Stannis, Joff, and Renly.  The image shows what they are inside.  It's not how they look outside but inside.  Stannis and Renly may be large men but they are small in character.  The woman is mother nature.  War is a rape of the land.  The men are exploiting mother nature and causing a great deal of damage. 

On 5/15/2020 at 1:10 PM, BridgeofFire said:

*SPOILER* 

When Daenerys vists the house of the undying she sees quite a lot of strange and even disturbing things. She sees the foreshadowing of the Red Wedding. She sees her father raving upon the Iron Throne. I think she also sees baby Aegon with Elia and Rhaegar. The point is that everything she sees happened or is going to happen and we basically know who everyone is except the first vision of the woman. In that vision it’s little men crawl on this lady and I was wondering if we know that was or if that is yet to be found out.

Some random hot woman performing sex magic .

Whoever the woman was, Dany doesn’t recognize her.  The lady was not part of her group. That the woman is Westeros is a popular belief. However, the mini men are native to Essos.  In which case, the woman is a generalization for people and the mini men are a threat. 

On 5/15/2020 at 1:10 PM, BridgeofFire said:

When Daenerys vists the house of the undying she sees quite a lot of strange and even disturbing things. She sees the foreshadowing of the Red Wedding. She sees her father raving upon the Iron Throne. I think she also sees baby Aegon with Elia and Rhaegar. The point is that everything she sees happened or is going to happen and we basically know who everyone is except the first vision of the woman. In that vision it’s little men crawl on this lady and I was wondering if we know that was or if that is yet to be found out.

First, let me start by saying that I understand the common assessment of some of the visions, like the war of 5(4) Kings, or the Red Wedding… and know that there are those who will dismiss my opinion as tinfoil. That said, I think many of the visions are intentionally misleading. And I find the common assessments unsatisfying and frankly obviously flawed. 

The servitors of the house of the undying are analogous, if not literally corrupted versions of, the children of the forest, just like the Shade of the evening trees are to the Weirwoods.

I would suggest that all “magic blood” comes from interbreeding with the children/servitors, be it the dragon blood of Valyria or the ice in the veins of the Starks.

So who is the woman? I would suggest a common ancestor of both Valyria and Starks, perhaps even of the Great Empire of the Dawn.

And since this is the Song of Ice and Fire, one would imagine these bloodlines merge.

Which brings us to the next room, which is not a vision of the Red Wedding.

First, there is no reason for Rob to look to Dany with appeal of any kind.

Next, the crown is wrong. Rob had a bronze crown with iron points in the shape of swords.

Finally, the wolf headed king looks to her with “mute appeal”. There is one conspicuously silent direwolf, Ghost. This is a vision of Jon, who himself dreams about a feast of the dead which is not the Red Wedding and seemingly was just Ceasar’d at the end of Dance.

As it turns out, the expression “mute appeal has been used three times so far in the series… the first is expressly about Jon:

The look Ned gave her was anguished. "You know I cannot take him south. There will be no place for him at court. A boy with a bastard's name … you know what they will say of him. He will be shunned."

Catelyn armored her heart against the mute appealin her husband's eyes.

You may also remember that Jon has Ned’s eyes, expressly more so than Rob, something Cat holds against him despite not putting together Jon’s parentage herself and that he probably shares the look through Lyanna.

The second was in the House of the Undying, the subject here.

And the last was at the Red Wedding, but it wasn’t from Rob, it was from Aegon:

The lackwit rolled his eyes at her in mute appeal. A foul stench assailed her nose, but she paid it no more mind than she did the sullen ceaseless pounding of that drum, boom doom boom doom boom doom. 

Do we know of any other guy in the story who likes to play the harp and recently had a baby?

Is there an old throne somewhere that has an iron crown associated with it? maybe in a castle with wolves or at least wolf themed? 

if I recall correctly wasn’t it worded like a dead man could be sitting on a throne with a head of a wolf. Like maybe the throne has a wolf head or maybe just a severed wolfs head as an accoutrement. A trophy? 

• 1 month later...

Archived