Watch, Watched, Watching: What Now?

Ramsay B.

4 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I finished the first season of Rick and Morty. It’s pretty good and lives up to the hype. Mr. Meeseeks had to have been the highlight. The dad cracks me up too. 

You're a Jerry for waiting so long! 

I can’t find the previous thread and its not worth starting another but the cast of Orphan Black are doing a table read on Sunday for charity:

Sunday's the big day, Clone Club. 

Join the original cast of #OrphanBlack for a very special charity read and reunion benefiting CenterLink: The Community of LGBT Centers and Sistering 24 Hour Drop In, hosted right here on the official Orphan Black Facebook page. 

Those of you in the U.S. can get ready in advance by streaming the episodes they'll be reading, for free, on the BBC America app or at bbc.in/3ciK4mt and bbc.in/2WNPeQG

@SpaceChampion....i don’t know who else to tag :P 

36 minutes ago, Triskele said:

It was Cocktail wasn't it?

Never seen it, soberly at least. 

And I must say sobriety, or at least a reasonable semblance of it, is driving me insane. My 32nd birthday was this week. I've smoked weed and drank for literally over half of my life. I've worked out a lot over the years, and know some tough tolls, but my body has never felt worse than this. When I played football (American), they'd put trash cans all over the field so we could throw up in them. I've never been worked harder, but it doesn't compare to this at all. 

I can't sleep or think or do much at all. And I pass out all the time (very different from really sleeping). Hopefully I am one of the people that really comes out of this better off, but it all feels like it's Groundhog's Day, and I think I've written that several times before. I might have last night for all I know. 

I'm more clear with a beer, but I've got to just keep telling myself if you're thirsty the water is a better idea, or at least the blueberry pomegranate juice,.

Feels like I wrote that recently, too. Oh well, a life spent leaning into vices has to deal with the consequences of them. 

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I can’t find the previous thread and its not worth starting another but the cast of Orphan Black are doing a table read on Sunday for charity:

Thanks!  Saw that last week on the Canadian channel's fb page, but I forgot all about it. 

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

Thanks!  Saw that last week on the Canadian channel's fb page, but I forgot all about it. 

So is it just going to be Tatiana Maslany talking to herself?

43 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Working my way through disney originals with my daughter.  I have to say there was nothing scary about Shere Khan, he was camper than a jamboree of boy scouts. 

Time for the little one to meet Scar.

7 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

She hates the lion king. I've been really pushing it, but she is a stubborn little fucker. 

Then show her the best movie ever made Enter the Dragon. Your little fucker will learn quickly. 

'I did a full rewatch when HBO reaired it for the 20th anniversary last year, and I thought it held up beautifully.  I would still rank it as number 1, better than BB, better than the Wire, better than Mad Men, much better than Ozark'. 

@Cas Stark I dont think anyone is putting mad men or ozark in the 'best shows of all time' conversation. 

For me it has and always be the wire. BB and Sopranos are same level for greatness, but far less important from a sociological/political standpoint.

17 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

You're a Jerry for waiting so long! 

:bowdown: Greatest comment ever

15 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

How many times do you rent a movie before you just decide to buy it? 

I'll leave what I just rented again in silence as to not skew the simple poll. 

Girls gone wild? Or is it not that kind of movie :p 

21 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Just started "the Great" on Hulu... starring Nicholas Holt and Elle Fanning... ep 1 was hysterical ... 

Just watched the first episode with Linda. Great fun indeed. Nicholas Hoult's terrific, as is Elle Fanning and Phoebe Fox. Gorgeous costuming, nice cinematography. The anachronisms do remind me of Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette, and my only concern is how sustainable this sort of narrative approach is over ten hours rather than in a single film, but definitley eager to see.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

'I did a full rewatch when HBO reaired it for the 20th anniversary last year, and I thought it held up beautifully.  I would still rank it as number 1, better than BB, better than the Wire, better than Mad Men, much better than Ozark'. 

@Cas Stark I dont think anyone is putting mad men or ozark in the 'best shows of all time' conversation. 

Ozark doesn't belong in the conversation, but Mad Men surely does.  It's been in the top 10 of lists from Rolling Stone (#4 in their Top 100), the Writer's Guild of America (#7 in their top T01), and others (Sepinwall and Seitz put it at #6 in their Top 100 in their book TV (The Book), as an example). The writing and performances on that show was always a cut above.

Ozark is fluff in a way the other shows named aren't. Nothing wrong with fluff, mind, but yeah, not greatest TV show level entertainment.

22 minutes ago, Ran said:

Ozark doesn't belong in the conversation, but Mad Men surely does.  It's been in the top 10 of lists from Rolling Stone (#4 in their Top 100), the Writer's Guild of America (#7 in their top T01), and others (Sepinwall and Seitz put it at #6 in their Top 100 in their book TV (The Book), as an example). The writing and performances on that show was always a cut above.

Mad Men is 136 on imdb top rated tv shows (a lot above are documentaries, especially bbc/Attenborough which owns the top 20) and that feels about right to me. 

This is my favourite rating system, though that may be because it agrees with my opinions pretty well.  Though the movie rankings, not so much. 

52 minutes ago, Ran said:

Ozark is fluff in a way the other shows named aren't. Nothing wrong with fluff, mind, but yeah, not greatest TV show level entertainment.

Agreed. I put Ozark closer to a Justified. Really good show, but not quite top tier. 

25 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Mad Men is 136 on imdb top rated tv shows (a lot above are documentaries, especially bbc/Attenborough which owns the top 20) and that feels about right to me. 

This is my favourite rating system, though that may be because it agrees with my opinions pretty well.  Though the movie rankings, not so much. 

You mean you don’t think The Shawshank Redemption is the greatest movie ever made? Or that Christopher Nolan is a better director than Martin Scorsese and Stanley Kubrick? :P

Archived