Watch, Watched, Watching: What Now?

Ramsay B.

12 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Dang, a very honest post that I was not trying to wrangle out of you.  Just thought by going with a pretty bad 80s movie I could get you to call me a damned dirty ape.

Honesty is everything.

Or should I have not given many of you a window into a world you'll never see, pleb? Do you think many of you will sit next to a Senator, or the future President, god willing, and have his wife walk into your office and thank you?

I do my best, within reason, to try and show people the world. The real world. And at times I hate myself for it, and for experiencing something most could only dream of. 

In a better life @Fragile Bird, we could have played Shore's course together. I'd even spot you 2-3 shots per hole. And I'd still destroy you. But that was a different time.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Honesty is everything.

Or should I have not given many of you a window into a world you'll never see, pleb? Do you think many of you will sit next to a Senator, or the future President, god willing, and have his wife walk into your office and thank you?

I do my best, within reason, to try and show people the world. The real world. And at times I hate myself for it, and for experiencing something most could only dream of. 

In a better life @Fragile Bird, we could have played Shore's course together. I'd even spot you 2-3 shots per hole. And I'd still destroy you. But that was a different time.

Ah, well.

7 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Ah, well.

That doesn't leave much to play with ;)

Maybe we'll have to review Caddyshack some time, since most of us are bored as shit anyways. 

I can't keep watching these Samurai films. Golf is really just the same thing, without the literal killing of people. And I miss breaking someone's spirit. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That doesn't leave much to play with ;)

Maybe we'll have to review Caddyshack some time, since most of us are bored as shit anyways. 

I can't keep watching these Samurai films. Golf is really just the same thing, without the literal killing of people. And I miss breaking someone's spirit. 

I'm not a very good golfer anyway. Best ball in a fun tournament!

33 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I'm not a very good golfer anyway. Best ball in a fun tournament!

What's a fun tournament? 

I can be in the lead and about to win, and my own mother will smash my ball so far outside the field of play that there isn't a point of fighting back in croquet. 

But you still have to fight back.

5 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Golf talk in this thread!? I mean I’m not mad... just disappointed.

Yeah, well, I linked a video so there's that. Also don't look now, one of my cousins just smashed your ball into god knows where.

Go find it.  

I went to my parents for Mother’s Day and my dad was watching a replay of last year’s Master’s. As if live golf isn’t boring enough. Every time he left the room I’d turn it off, and he’d come back and get mad. Just like the good old days.

You excited for the Bruce Lee 30 for 30, Be Water? June 7th. Should be good.

5 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Watching the final season of She-Ra and the Princesses of power.

This shit is heartwarming as fuck. It really speaks to my inner-romantic.

Just finished the finale. My heart is so full 

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Watched Bad Education and cant tell if Hugh Jackman actually looks that old or it’s just great makeup and hair

Jackman will look amazing 75,000 years from now! 

Prove me wrong!!!! 

I want to give props to @WarGalley for posting the Bane clip from the Harley Quinn show. Decided to check the series out and it was a really pleasant surprise :D Loved the humor, the references, the gore, the animation and the relationships in this show (particularly between Harley & Poison Ivy) are great. Much better than the Margot Robbie live action films. I wish there was more animation like this.

Started watching Black Sails. Six episodes in and it's pretty good. Kind of hard to find who to root for. Just when I start liking someone they does some terrible shit.

Spoiler

One question. If they need at least two ships for their plan, and this ship is basically a battleship and already had the 12" guns and supplies for them on it, why not just take the ship and use it? Once the crew was killed they could have found how to repair the rudder issue and away they go.

3 hours ago, Veltigar said:

I want to give props to @WarGalley for posting the Bane clip from the Harley Quinn show. Decided to check the series out and it was a really pleasant surprise :D Loved the humor, the references, the gore, the animation and the relationships in this show (particularly between Harley & Poison Ivy) are great. Much better than the Margot Robbie live action films. I wish there was more animation like this.

:cheers: How did you end up watching it? I've just been watching random clips on Youtube.

11 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Started watching Black Sails. Six episodes in and it's pretty good. Kind of hard to find who to root for. Just when I start liking someone they does some terrible shit.

Pretty good all the way until the series finale. 

4 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

:cheers: How did you end up watching it? I've just been watching random clips on Youtube.

I saw it from A-Z! I'd encourage you to check out the full episodes, because knowing the narrative flow makes the clips even funnier :) (+there were no season 2 Bane Clips in there, just started with that season, but there is bound to be more Bane goodness in there ;) )

18 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Hide contents

One question. If they need at least two ships for their plan, and this ship is basically a battleship and already had the 12" guns and supplies for them on it, why not just take the ship and use it? Once the crew was killed they could have found how to repair the rudder issue and away they go.

Man, long ago to answer that question :) You are in for a real treat by the way. Season two of this show is brilliant. I'd say three and four are also good, though not on the same level. One of my favorites of the last years though :) 

27 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Reveal hidden contents

Season one, is hit or miss for people, but dude, seasons two and three are legit epic. Best Pirate show I've seen. Season four is a bit up or down, but it's because they try to close all the plot threads, and overall they do a good job of it.

Like WG, it's a series that's enjoyable from start to finish, and it doesn't run too long with four seasons. 

And you will get literally one of the greatest scenes you've ever seen, but I'll leave it at that.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:17 AM, Tywin et al. said:

How many times do you rent a movie before you just decide to buy it? 

I'll leave what I just rented again in silence as to not skew the simple poll. 

4 times. By then you have to admit that you are completely under the spell and cannot live without it.

I watched Joker yesterday. When it comes to live action performances of the clown prince of crime, Joaquin Phoenix is a close second to Heath Ledger. His performance was intense, disturbing, and enthralling. It fits the dark and nihilistic tone of the film where society itself is the main antagonist, beating down and molding Arthur into the Joker in disturbing fashion.

Archived