UK Politics: National shortage of incompetence pads

Which Tyler

8 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I know you are joking but..

Fucking own it dude. Quit being one of these people that denies what everyone can see. 

Brexit was about xenophobia. Then with a layer of bigotry and racism. To argue anything else is to say the sky on a sunny day isn't blue. Full stop. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Fucking own it dude. Quit being one of these people that denies what everyone can see. 

Brexit was about xenophobia. Then with a layer of bigotry and racism. To argue anything else is to say the sky on a sunny day isn't blue. Just stop. 

Homestly , I know you genuinely believe this and it probably fits into a simplistic view of the world that makes a lot of sense to you. Unfortunately that isn’t the reality. 

I know there is no point debating the issue for the 7000th time so let’s just leave it there.

16 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Homestly , I know you genuinely believe this and it probably fits into a simplistic view of the world that makes a lot of sense to you. Unfortunately that isn’t the reality. 

I know there is no point debating the issue for the 7000th time so let’s just leave it there.

It is the reality. You’ve provided nothing to counter it. Years ago you made a claim that it was due to fears of British culture being lost, but never backed up exactly what parts of British culture were at risk

7 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I don’t see how something as wide ranging and complex as Brexit can be ‘about’ a single thing.

Absolutely. But if you deny it was significantly linked to xenophobia and racism you cant be taken seriously. 

4 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Absolutely. But if you deny it was significantly linked to xenophobia and racism you cant be taken seriously. 

In the same way anyone saying it was a purely about xenophobia betrays their own ignorance on the issue and shouldn’t be taken seriously. In reality there were numerous factors going into the reason people voted for Brexit. 

undoubtedly racism and Xenophobia played their part in some voters decisions but it’s incredible  to this day that there are those who still don’t understand the reason why people voted and jump on the old and easy answer of ‘must be racism innit’

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

In the same way anyone saying it was a purely about xenophobia betrays their own ignorance on the issue and shouldn’t be taken seriously. In reality there were numerous factors going into the reason people voted for Brexit. 

undoubtedly racism and Xenophobia played their part in some voters decisions but it’s incredible  to this day that there are those who still don’t understand the reason why people voted and jump on the old and easy answer of ‘must be racism innit’

maybe some of us believe one of the main reasons to be racism is because when we ask people we only get vague answers and a feeling of not liking foreigners.  When we ask for clarification we don't get it, beyond being told they are not racist despite saying stuff that makes them sound like they have racist leanings. 

Or at least this has been my experience.  I'm sure the people telling me these things don't think of themselves or what they are saying as racist though.

8 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

maybe some of us believe one of the main reasons to be racism is because when we ask people we only get vague answers and a feeling of not liking foreigners.  When we ask for clarification we don't get it, beyond being told they are not racist despite saying stuff that makes them sound like they have racist leanings. 

Or at least this has been my experience.  I'm sure the people telling me these things don't think of themselves or what they are saying as racist though.

"Culture" Pebs, the answer you get is cultural preservation. 

See, no xenophobia at all. Problem solved. 

Just now, Heartofice said:

When and by who?

One of the major talking points all Brexiteers have used is to keep England England, more or less. The fuck do you think that means? 

Like, how do you not see what is so obvious?

8 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I didn’t. But I don’t expect you to have been paying attention.

Yes you did, Brett. Yes you did...

You claimed some years ago that fears of British culture being lost was why some people voted for Brexit. And failed, over the years, to back this up.

5 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

A book you have plenty of opinions on but never read. Sure

The way you’ve been plugging that book up and down in this thread about a year ago, anyone who has been following along will be intimately familiar with its central thesis thanks to you. Are you now seriously disowning that?

3 minutes ago, Ser Reptitious said:

The way you’ve been plugging that book up and down in this thread about a year ago, anyone who has been following along will be intimately familiar with its central thesis thanks to you. Are you now seriously disowning that?

Come now. That was just pillow talk, baby. We all say silly shit when we're in the throes of passion. 

32 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Yes you did, Brett. Yes you did...

You claimed some years ago that fears of British culture being lost was why some people voted for Brexit. And failed, over the years, to back this up.

You're deeply simplifying and misrepresenting what I've said, which doesn't surprise me.

21 minutes ago, Ser Reptitious said:

You're getting confused with our long and pointless conversation over PM, where you gave hard and solid opinions on a book you'd clearly never read, but had googled a Guardian review.. so that's ok then. 

Archived