Saladin Ahmed -still writing?

Darth Richard II

Have had book 1 on the shelf for quite a while. I know he had serious depression issues and I can relate but with all his comic writing now I was wondering if anyone knows I’d book 2 is still planning on being written at this point or if he’s dropped it completely for other projects.

DERP DERP sorry mods, you can move this over to lit

ambien is a hell of a drug 

14 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Have had book 1 on the shelf for quite a while. I know he had serious depression issues and I can relate but with all his comic writing now I was wondering if anyone knows I’d book 2 is still planning on being written at this point or if he’s dropped it completely for other projects.

DERP DERP sorry mods, you can move this over to lit

ambien is a hell of a drug 

Book 1 is pretty much a standalone, as I remember it. The ending is more, "The gang will be back with more adventures," not a massive cliffhanger.

I think Book 2 is still on the pile but he's got such a workload with comics (I think he has four or five currently ongoing series) that it's on the backburner at the moment.

14 hours ago, Werthead said:

Book 1 is pretty much a standalone, as I remember it. The ending is more, "The gang will be back with more adventures," not a massive cliffhanger.

I think Book 2 is still on the pile but he's got such a workload with comics (I think he has four or five currently ongoing series) that it's on the backburner at the moment.

I guess the income from comics is more reliable and substantial at least prior to coronavirus. It's a tricky call - make a living off comics or not make a living writing books. They wouldn't be the first to do so - actually quite a long list of successful comic writers who were initially authors. Many of them eventually return to novels when they have the time.

Archived