Tyrion and Tysha

Alchemy-Cat

On the Wiki of Ice and Fire, Tyrion's birth year is listed as 273 AC. He married Tysha when he was 13 name days (years) old, which makes the year 286 AC. Two years after the end of Robert's Rebellion and subsequently the year Joffery was born. The Wiki says Jamie and Tyrion were hunting bandits near Casterly Rock when they saved Tysha. Jamie had been on the Kingsguard for years at this point what was he doing in the Westerlands?

(I always assumed the marriage happened before the rebellion but math has proven me wrong)

Robert's not particularly strict when it comes to where his Kingsguard are. At the beginning of the series he makes a trip to Winterfell, which must have been close to half a year. He only took three of his Kingsguard with him, leaving the other four at the capital.

Jaime, as the Kings brother-in-law, was likely free to come and go as he pleased.

10 hours ago, Bernie Mac said:

Robert's not particularly strict when it comes to where his Kingsguard are. At the beginning of the series he makes a trip to Winterfell, which must have been close to half a year. He only took three of his Kingsguard with him, leaving the other four at the capital.

Jaime, as the Kings brother-in-law, was likely free to come and go as he pleased.

True. Nobody stopped him from leaving after attacking Ned in the street.

• 2 weeks later...

In not sure about the answer given about the answer above. Yes Jamie probably got special treatment being family but I doubt robert or Beristan Selmy (sp?) Would be ok with Jamie (1/5) of the kings guard leaving for months on end to simply visit his homeland. It puts the royal family in jeopardy and unless he was there protecting a member like Cerci (wich he couldn't be doing while out hunting bandits with tyrion) I think it's a simple oversight 

On 5/18/2020 at 3:28 PM, Alchemy-Cat said:

Jamie had been on the Kingsguard for years at this point what was he doing in the Westerlands?

The KG are allowed to travel, as long as the King is safe.

This is known: The tourney was first announced by Walter Whent, Lord of Harrenhal, late in the year 280 AC, not long after a visit from his younger brother, Ser Oswell Whent, a knight of the Kingsguard. That this would be an event of unrivaled magnificence was clear from the first, for Lord Whent was offering prizes thrice as large as those given at the great Lannisport tourney of 272 AC, hosted by Lord Tywin Lannister in celebration of Aerys II’s tenth year upon the Iron Throne.

Not even a paranoid man like Aerys saw much problem in letting Whent visit his brother.

26 minutes ago, frenin said:

Why??

Because they are without 20% of the kingsgaurd. Robert, cerci, joff, tomen, marcella.  If they are all separated then atleast one of them has to go without protection from a kings guard member. And I'd like to add while I assume it maybe a oversight it would be a easily fixed one, Jamie could have been tasked with delivering some important message or somthing wich maybe is the case to begin with and we just havent been told yet

3 minutes ago, Stannis th3 Mannis said:

Because they are without 20% of the kingsgaurd. Robert, cerci, joff, tomen, marcella.  If they are all separated then atleast one of them has to go without protection from a kings guard member

And why would they be separated?? Robert travelled to Winterfell with 3 of them. And Robert, Cersei, Joff, Tommen and Myrce, there are 6 kg for 5 royals.

Regardless, the KG dispositions depends of the Kg, Robert's family could perfectly travel with or without his kg.

6 minutes ago, frenin said:

And why would they be separated?? Robert travelled to Winterfell with 3 of them. And Robert, Cersei, Joff, Tommen and Myrce, there are 6 kg for 5 royals.

Regardless, the KG dispositions depends of the Kg, Robert's family could perfectly travel with or without his kg.

I'm assuming they dont spend every waking moment together and during a day the 5 could be separate doing diffrent thing through the redkeep or even kings landing. Idk why I was thinking theres only 5 but I'm just giving a idea. I'm with you on the royal family dosent have to have a kingsgaurd member with them but it seems like they usally do and if nothing else I dont think they would like being inconvenienced not having one of 6 simply because they wanted to visit home. If any of the 6 could get away with this it would be Jamie imo however

5 hours ago, Stannis th3 Mannis said:

I'm assuming they dont spend every waking moment together and during a day the 5 could be separate doing diffrent thing through the redkeep or even kings landing. Idk why I was thinking theres only 5 but I'm just giving a idea. I'm with you on the royal family dosent have to have a kingsgaurd member with them but it seems like they usally do and if nothing else I dont think they would like being inconvenienced not having one of 6 simply because they wanted to visit home. If any of the 6 could get away with this it would be Jamie imo however

No, they are whatever their King tells the Lord Commander to be. And it's not up to the royal family, but the King. And i don't really think that Robert gave a damn, it's not like he is the kind a man that uses bodyguards regardless, so his use of the Kg seems pretty loose.

On 5/18/2020 at 9:28 AM, Alchemy-Cat said:

On the Wiki of Ice and Fire, Tyrion's birth year is listed as 273 AC. He married Tysha when he was 13 name days (years) old, which makes the year 286 AC. Two years after the end of Robert's Rebellion and subsequently the year Joffery was born. The Wiki says Jamie and Tyrion were hunting bandits near Casterly Rock when they saved Tysha. Jamie had been on the Kingsguard for years at this point what was he doing in the Westerlands?

(I always assumed the marriage happened before the rebellion but math has proven me wrong)

Beware of accepting a hard timeline.  The timeline has flexibility. 

Archived