Covid 19 and Your Life #2: It's Personal

Zorral

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Ugh

Kay you know I respect and admire you deeply, but is the fucking thing just suppose to run all over my place? It's a mouse. You and I had a cats v.s dogs debate, with me taking the latter. Your cats would have done the same, as would Adrian the sneaky snake that escaped.

You can do whatever you want in your own house, I just don’t want to hear about how you didn’t kill a mouse with one shot and had to watch it suffer until shot number two. It’s how in depth it got- I don’t need to imagine your cute baby mouse on the yoga mat and how it needed a second curb stomping, there’s a huge difference between that and had to kill a mouse today and it sucked. You can kill mice if you want (and you should if you have pets so they don’t)- I would just prefer not to have the gory details about it in a thread I started so I can see what COVID life is like in other countries so I follow it closely.

On 5/21/2020 at 6:04 PM, Zorral said:

Boys, girls, one of each, the angels?  How wonderful that you both got to be home during this period of their lives and share that incredible rapid development!

~~~~~~~~~~~

I smelled lilacs in the park, buried my face in them -- until becoming aware of the bees.  Honey bees, which also made me happy.

Girl angels, and yes, we are very aware how lucky we are atm. I am watching them trumpet and snuggle in their sleep on our baby monitor as I write this. I cannot describe how perfect they are, and I say this knowing no other parent in history has ever thought the same of their children. :) 

24 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Girl angels, and yes, we are very aware how lucky we are atm. I am watching them trumpet and snuggle in their sleep on our baby monitor as I write this. I cannot describe how perfect they are, and I say this knowing no other parent in history has ever thought the same of their children. :) 

I can’t recall whether you had mentioned you had kids before but I don’t remember saying this previously, so congratulations! As you said, one bit of luck from this, getting to spend so much time with them at the start of their life. Hopefully your family get to meet them soon. My nanna’s neighbour had her baby during lockdown, and her family has been across to meet the newborn through the windows, which was sweet. I get thats not an option for some though (apartment buildings, live too far away, etc.)

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Congratulations!

5 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Wow! Congratulations to you and your family!

12 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

You can do whatever you want in your own house, I just don’t want to hear about how you didn’t kill a mouse with one shot and had to watch it suffer until shot number two. It’s how in depth it got- I don’t need to imagine your cute baby mouse on the yoga mat and how it needed a second curb stomping, there’s a huge difference between that and had to kill a mouse today and it sucked. You can kill mice if you want (and you should if you have pets so they don’t)- I would just prefer not to have the gory details about it in a thread I started so I can see what COVID life is like in other countries so I follow it closely.

Apologies, Kay, if I upset you.

On a funnier note, as I watch the news as they cut from reporter to reporter who are mostly women, a lot of them have really large earrings on. They're also all wearing masks. Isn't that just a giant pain in the ass for them?

(I only had diamond studs, and those fuckers could hurt if you took your shirt off wrong)

Made it back from my trip. I had little difficulty keeping to myself, but wow there was a section of the beach near the main entrance/parking lot that was just COMPLETELY packed. A lot of people who do not gaf at all. Luckily I was able to go around, and on the other end of the beach there was plenty of room to spread out. I saw other people on the trails, but never so frequently that it was an issue. Train was almost totally empty. All in all a very nice trip, with some silly sunburn mistakes (forgot to sunscreen the top of my feet when I took my shoes off at the beach!) and some very sore legs now. I'm so glad I went. It does make me nervous, though, as we move into the next phases and how to bridge the gap between people being sensible but cautious and people throwing all caution to the wind.

I had a job interview with a mask on my face. No handshaking either. At one point, the interviewer (who herself was wearing a mask) asked me to take it off just for a minute to at least see my face. It is so weird talking to people with masks on, you cannot see their expressions at all.

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I had a job interview with a mask on my face. No handshaking either. At one point, the interviewer (who herself was wearing a mask) asked me to take it off just for a minute to at least see my face. It is so weird talking to people with masks on, you cannot see their expressions at all.

Good luck, Buck, I hope you get the job!

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I've joked before, and idk how women feel about men, but many of you ladies look like hot bandits. 

44 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Good luck, Buck, I hope you get the job!

Thank you, birdie.

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've joked before, and idk how women feel about men, but many of you ladies look like hot bandits. 

Errrr ... thank you too, I guess. :D Mind you, in the job I interviewed for, looking hot is not the least bit relevant.

I must admit I haven't seen any good-looking men that would catch my eye wearing a mask yet.

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lol, before I finally located a source for disposable masks I wore a bandana and the grocery store manager asked me if I was looking for a train to rob.

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Handsome Ned had a song about that. I wish I could link it but I only have it on CD. The title is "I've come to get my baby out of jail"

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Lol, before I finally located a source for disposable masks I wore a bandana and the grocery store manager asked me if I was looking for a train to rob.

I wish you could see my Facebook avatar (and not the stupid app that people are using). Black bandanna, black overcoat meant for my darker suits and my tricked out Oakley shades, which are purple and blue. For a day I went out like that and everyone asked me if I was trying to rob them.

I guess next time during Halloween when things are normal, I have an easy costume. 

39 minutes ago, Triskele said:

"Why do you wear a mask?  Did you get burned by acid or something?

"It's just that they're incredibly comfortable.   I suspect everyone will be doing it in the future."

I think someone is just trying to hide that he's coming for our pretty human women, ape! 

So, I haven't had a haircut in 4 months now, and my hair is the longest it's been since I was a kid. What I've discovered is that the hair at the nape of my neck, since it's naturally curly, naturally grows into almost a perfect duck's-ass. I'm unironically rocking a hairstyle that went out of style about 60 years ago.

Along that vein, I noticed today that I'm kind of rocking the masked look (don't get me wrong, I'm a C.H.U.D. unmasked). I'm wondering if I can still get away with the mask when this is all over. 

Went to three different sporting goods stores to try and buy some dumbbells to expand my workout at home now that my torn cartilage is finally starting to heal, and the pickings were fucking slim. I managed to put together a hodgepodge good enough to get me by for a while, but I'm going to have to figure out a better plan going forward.

4 hours ago, The Great Unwashed said:

So, I haven't had a haircut in 4 months now, and my hair is the longest it's been since I was a kid. What I've discovered is that the hair at the nape of my neck, since it's naturally curly, naturally grows into almost a perfect duck's-ass. I'm unironically rocking a hairstyle that went out of style about 60 years ago.

Along that vein, I noticed today that I'm kind of rocking the masked look (don't get me wrong, I'm a C.H.U.D. unmasked). I'm wondering if I can still get away with the mask when this is all over. 

Went to three different sporting goods stores to try and buy some dumbbells to expand my workout at home now that my torn cartilage is finally starting to heal, and the pickings were fucking slim. I managed to put together a hodgepodge good enough to get me by for a while, but I'm going to have to figure out a better plan going forward.

My hair hasn't been this long in years. And since I'm only washing it once or twice a week, man, it's getting really curly. It always was on the side and back, but I've never seen it quite like this.

Also, I finally got my beard to fully connect. I've never really grown one, but hells yeah. 

As far as weight training equipment goes, we've been lamenting in the exercise thread the inability to buy certain things. I really want these. I'm buying a pair the moment I can find them in stock without being priced gouged.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

My hair hasn't been this long in years. And since I'm only washing it once or twice a week, man, it's getting really curly. It always was on the side and back, but I've never seen it quite like this.

Also, I finally got my beard to fully connect. I've never really grown one, but hells yeah. 

As far as weight training equipment goes, we've been lamenting in the exercise thread the inability to buy certain things. I really want these. I'm buying a pair the moment I can find them in stock without being priced gouged.

Those would be awesome, and a hell of a lot cheaper than buying them all individually.

Archived